By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got a Wii U last night!

Viper1 said:
rolltide101x said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

LOL does it make me a Sony traitor?

No, it makes you a gamer willing to appreciate quality wherever it may come.

I grew up with Nintendo, I had a SNES when I was 5 and got a N64 when I was about 8-9. Zelda and Mario gave me countless hous of entertainment and I guess I want to recapture that. My brother recently got his daughter (6) a 2DS because he wants her to have the same experience with Mario and Zelda that me and him had. (I am 23 currently and he is 28) if I had kids I would absolutely be getting them an Nintendo console as their first console.

Around the Network

Congratz...

Looks like the Nintendo fans will tell you that you got good games. I recently purchased the WiiU also, but was told that the games that I got sucked so that's why I wasn't impressed yet. Most people recommended the 2 games that you got.

Enjoy!

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
Congratz...

Looks like the Nintendo fans will tell you that you got good games. I recently purchased the WiiU also, but was told that the games that I got sucked so that's why I wasn't impressed yet. Most people recommended the 2 games that you got.

Enjoy!

I never played Wind Waker (did not have a GC) so I am really looking forward to it. I can not wait to get home later!

rolltide101x said:
Landguy said:
Congratz...

Enjoy!

I never played Wind Waker (did not have a GC) so I am really looking forward to it. I can not wait to get home later!

You are in for a real treat.  I've played wind waker andd  3d mario...  Both fantastic.

I want to buy a 2nd controller today or tomorrow (so me and my GF can play together) what controller do you guys recommend I get (you are answering someone who skipped the Wii generation)

I am basically asking
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/accessories/wii-classic-controller-pro-black/77243

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller-black/104811

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/wii-u-remote-plus-black/84673

What do I need?

Around the Network

NSMBU is pretty good. Not the best Mario ever, but it's pretty good. It's a much more challenging game than 3D world. I'd finish 3D world first then do NSMBU later. In the meanwhile, pick up another 2D platformer like Donkey Kong or Rayman Legends to fine tune your platforming skills. NSMBU can be very unforgiving if you haven't played other 2D mario games before.

I always recommend Wii U owners pick up the Wonderful 101. If you put the effort into learning the game's combat system -- I bet you'll find it extremely rewarding. The game itself is very affordable too(b/w $20-30 US). It's a great game to help you really "get" the gamepad.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Good game choices ^.^ I would suggest Donkey Kong Country over New Super Mario Bros if you like difficult platformers!

EDIT: As for controllers, I say get a Wii Remote Plus first as it is usable in most games and with it you can play Wii games if you want to dabble in backwards compatability

I know 2 of my mates (who don't game) are going to chip in to get a Wii U as soon as Mario Kart comes out!

fleischr said:
NSMBU is pretty good. Not the best Mario ever, but it's pretty good. It's a much more challenging game than 3D world. I'd finish 3D world first then do NSMBU later. In the meanwhile, pick up another 2D platformer like Donkey Kong or Rayman Legends to fine tune your platforming skills. NSMBU can be very unforgiving if you haven't played other 2D mario games before.

I always recommend Wii U owners pick up the Wonderful 101. If you put the effort into learning the game's combat system -- I bet you'll find it extremely rewarding. The game itself is very affordable too(b/w $20-30 US). It's a great game to help you really "get" the gamepad.

I will absolutely be getting Donkey Kong soon. I LOVED DK as a kid

Congrats on the new purchase, great games to start with too