By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got a Wii U last night!

If you like hanging out with friends with some drinks Wii Party U is a blast. Also Zombie U and Wonderful 101 are great and challenging. Plus your brother should get the WiiU to since he has a child. My Nine year old loves playing on the game pad NSMBU and 3D World

Around the Network

Excellent choice of games. I would get Rayman Legends over NSMBU though, unless you really love Mario sidescrollers. It's a particularly good 2D Mario, but Legends is still better.

With those games you should be covered until Mario Kart. I'm sure you'll be enjoying Infamous in there somewhere too. Hope you've got some time on your hands!

rolltide101x said:

No, it makes you a gamer willing to appreciate quality wherever it may come.

I grew up with Nintendo, I had a SNES when I was 5 and got a N64 when I was about 8-9. Zelda and Mario gave me countless hous of entertainment and I guess I want to recapture that. My brother recently got his daughter (6) a 2DS because he wants her to have the same experience with Mario and Zelda that me and him had. (I am 23 currently and he is 28) if I had kids I would absolutely be getting them an Nintendo console as their first console.

I agree, that's why my kids still have and play their Wii. There is something timeless and magical/imaginative about being 5-12 and playing Mario games, after that age (teen/20's/30's) though I moved to JRPG/FPS and now I really like Oblivion/Red Dead Redemption/GTA5 open world type games. I still love all genre's but those are my current favorites. Super Mario Galaxy is great at any age, but the 2D Mario's imho are confined to the 5-12 age bracket demographic for myself.

New SMB Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, SMG2, Zelda WW Gamecube, TLOZ CE, TP, Skyward Sword

>

SMBWU, Luigi Wii U, SM3DW, Zelda WW Wii U

There's more games than just these obviously, but those 2 gameing franchises, imho are the PRIMARY reasons to own a Nintendo console. Which is what I believe you're championing as well. The flaw in your argument from my perspective is that the Wii>Wii U thus far. I hope time changes this fact/opinion, but 1.5 years and they've just made a dent for me personally in game variety/newness/reason to own a Wii U.

So yeah I'm just saying for my money 400.00 can go a lot further with the same exact gameplay by buying an original Wii used with a lot of games on ebay for kids, than what you have done imho and bought an OP Wii U imho. I hope my opinion makes sense in that regard. Thank you. I'm a penny pincher though. Happy gaming !!