By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Countdown To PS4 Regaining Its Throne Becoming Market Leader 300k To GO! How Many Weeks Do You Believe Are Left?

Carl2291 said:
Downanime00 said:

What the heck are you talking about?  According to VGChartz, the PS3  is beating X360 sales WW already and it will continued to sales more because it's still got some amazing JRPG coming out on it.  I wouldn't be surprise to see it come close to beating the Wii once it's over.  I will only considered a Gen is over once there is not even a single game coming out for that console like the Wii

VGChartz estimations for PS3 and 360 are wrong. To be taken with a huge grain of salt.

OT:

Japan PS4 launch sounds about right.

Anyone got any links for predictions before PS4 launched? I seem to remember we had threads.

I take that 82.5 million compare to 81.1 million is kinda big.  Maybe their number are 500k off, it still doesn't change the fact that the PS3 outsell the X360 WW.  This is about how much the PS4 is leading the X1 right now.  

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

seece made a recent one i even bump it http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175448&page=1#

theres also a pretty good convo going on on zero's wall about the future of WiiU sales lol

I said before Summer.

Its gonne be before Spring.

Seems quite a few people said Japan launch or around JP launch. Kudos to them.

I'd say Japan launch but I'm too much of a realist so I'm saying the week after launch week.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think at Japan launch.

Plus if NPD Jan is accurate, sales vs Xbox One are going to be gross. It's already around 4:1 in Europe, near 2:1 in US, and will be one sided in Japan. Global ratio in February could be 5:1 in PS4's favor, and ongoing ratio could be 3:1!

Titanfall will change that, but will it double X1's sales?  I'm willing to bet many who are eagerly awaiting Titanfall already bought an X1.

And Wii U... if NPD estimates are right doesn't it mean Wii U is selling worse than the Vita in Jan?

My 8th gen collection

by the time the Japan Launch comes, the gap should have shrunk down to around 300K. PS4 should easily sell 300K more units than the Wii-U that week, especially seeing the sheer lack of games for the Wii-U. Once the Japan launch is complete, the PS4 flood gates will have opened even wider and total domination will ensue. Just bring on the games, Sony. This E3 is gonna be good.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Well because we are still in the honeymoon and supply constrained period, and it's only been 3 months since launch, it's still possible that PS4 sales are front loaded.

But that's a moot point because either way PS4 will continue to see strong sales through to at least end of March. I figure leading up to the PS4 launch in Japan we'll see PS4>WiiU by at least 100K, so that will reduce the gap by another 300K before Japan launch. Japan launch should see PS4-WiiU>400K. So I'm thinking the VG chart for w/e 29 Feb will put PS4 ahead of WiiU.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Downanime00 said:

And what make you think that the numbers is any wrong anyway.  I take that 82 million compare to 81 million is kinda big.  Maybe their number are 500k off, it still doesn't change the fact that the PS3 outsell the X360 WW.

On the 17th of October, Microsoft announced that they had sold (shipped) 80 Million Xbox 360 consoles.

Around the same time, VGChartz numbers showed that the 360 had only sold 78 Million units at retail.

VGChartz estimates for the 360 are simply too low. There is no chance at all that 360 stock would be so high at that stage of the Year with sales down by quite a lot heading into the holiday season. Over 2 Million consoles in stock is simply too many consoles in stock. Furthermore, VGChartz numbers show that the 360 shipments as of 17th October didnt actually sell out at retail until the very end of December. Its simply unrealistic.

For a comparison.

On the 6th November, Sony announced that they had sold (shipped) 80 Million PlayStation 3 consoles.

Around the same time, VGChartz numbers showed that the PS3 had sold 78.7 Million units at retail.

This is a more realistic total, because 1.3 Million consoles in stock during the Holiday season is about right, despite sales being down. To be fair in the comparison, the PS3 shipment would have been sold out mid-December.

_________

In short, no official numbers we have had from Sony or Microsoft indicate that the PS3 has passed the 360. Its going to happen at some point this Year, but currently no evidence we have supports the claim or VGChartz numbers.

Its best to wait until we get a shipment confirmation.

Remembering 2008 when there were posts by BHR on PS3 and those bold predictions.

PS4 would definitely get past Wii U before the end of March's 1st week at this rate.

Well the console is doing better than what Sony expected. Their forecast for March was around 5 million units and the milestone has already been achieved with a month to spare.I think the momentum should keep up with more games being released.

Oh yeah Japan could explode. Eagerly awaits those numbers post launch.

I was expecting 2 weeks after the japanese launch well seems like I was wrong

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Why do people care about this type of thing? Oh, nevermind, I do know why.

OT: Depends on Japan's launch. I'm thinking April. Oh, and PS3 will never pass Wii. Not with those abysmal sales.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD