By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Status of 3DS in 2014. Nintendo dropping the ball again?

The question is more, have Nintendo piled all their resources into the Wii U now? Or are they being piled into a new system?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Mensrea said:
MDMAlliance said:

So I'm assuming you're not interested in either the Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright series.
I'll also assume you're not into Monster Hunter.
And you're not interested in Mighty No 9 (which is announced and upcoming for 3DS and pretty much every other system for 2015)
I guess you're not really a fan of the Etrian Odyssey series (as Persona Q is looking to be similar to that)
Hmmm.  To be honest, there are a good bit of 3DS games that will be coming out that a lot of people would be interested in (within the niche and main stream).  Which makes me wonder, what kind of games even interest you to begin with?
I mean, 3DS is also getting Smash Bros, Kirby, Yoshi, and a handful of decent eShop titles.

Nope, both of those series are not really my cup of tea.

I hate Monster Hunter.

Mighty No. 9 is a long way away, but sure, I guess you could count that.

Etrian is not my thing.

Smash Bros is coming for Wii U, so I see no reason to buy it on 3DS. 

I HATE Kirby with a passion.

The Yoshi game looks awful.

Just nothing really for me here.

I want Advance wars, Metroid, a good pac man game, wave race, F-Zero, Star Fox, Wario land. There are plenty of games that I like, just nothing that has been announced for 3DS.

I see.  Well, I am hoping for Advance Wars and Metroid for 3DS as well.  Never played Wave Race, F-Zero, Star Fox, or Wario Land in full before, so I can't say anything about those.  I'm looking forward to lots of 3DS games plus the potential for more.  Especially curious about Monolith Soft's unannounced 3DS title they've been working on.

I think the 3DS has been a little disappointing, comparing it to the DS might be unfair though. It might just be apathy for me because I can only play a Layton or Mario so many times every few years. This is the problem Nintendo seems to perenially have. I love their games but it's not nearly enough to make a system one of the best, at least in my opinion.

Nintendo has 5-6 great titles releasing on 3DS in the next six months and people keep complaining.

NYANKS said:

I think the 3DS has been a little disappointing, comparing it to the DS might be unfair though. It might just be apathy for me because I can only play a Layton or Mario so many times every few years. This is the problem Nintendo seems to perenially have. I love their games but it's not nearly enough to make a system one of the best, at least in my opinion.

You're not the only one. 3DS has been one of the most disappointing systems in a long while for me. It is great for a set type of gamer, but really limited as soon as you try to branch out away from it's staples (platformers, JRPGs and Nintendo franchises)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Don't forget Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright...although that doesn't have a release date for us in the States yet.

At some level, I think it's somewhat acceptable for Nintendo to have a bit of a quieter year on the 3DS (although the fact that they're not taking that quiet year to pump out titles for the Wii U like crazy is a disappointment) after 2013.

It'll still be a decent year for the system; it just won't be the incredible year that it was in 2013.

Well so far 2014 seems pretty solid, until now we're getting:

-Kirby Triple Deluxe
-Mario Golf
-Yoshi's New Island
-Super Smash Bros.
-Professor Layton
-Conception II
-Sonic Boom
-Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton
-Pokemón Battle Trozei
-Moon Chronicles.

And I'm pretty sure Nintendo has more games to announce since most of these games are being released in the first half of the year.

MikeRox said:
NYANKS said:

You're not the only one. 3DS has been one of the most disappointing systems in a long while for me. It is great for a set type of gamer, but really limited as soon as you try to branch out away from it's staples (platformers, JRPGs and Nintendo franchises)

It's kind of strange when you see how bad Vita is doing in the U.S., but I can actually see more third party stuff on Vita that look interesting to me.  Now Nintendos first party beats Sony first party when it comes to handhelds imo, but Sony still has a good first party.  Combine that with these cool games like Danganronpa, Borderlands 2, Hatsune Miku, that Ys game, Toukiden, etc.   3DS should have more like that, but somehow I find it lacking.  Dat third party vendetta lol

2012 was way better than 2013 imo.

Nintendo always drops the ball even if sometimes they are not aware of it. That's not something new and shocking.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---