By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Status of 3DS in 2014. Nintendo dropping the ball again?

MDMAlliance said:
Mensrea said:
Yeah, there is honestly not a single 3DS game I'm looking forward to right now. Not a one. That kinda sucks.

Do you mean that we know we will get this year or any at all that has been announced at some time (or that we know/have heard is coming)?

No upcoming announced games interest me on 3DS. None

Around the Network

I predicted this would happen. Now that resources have to be shared with the WiiU, expect less games for the 3DS. Sales also peaked in 2012 which, I'm sure is worrying Nintendo enough for them to be thinking of the next platform in Ernest right now.

Lawlight said:
I predicted this would happen. Now that resources have to be shared with the WiiU, expect less games for the 3DS. Sales also peaked in 2012 which, I'm sure is worrying Nintendo enough for them to be thinking of the next platform in Ernest right now.

Wats Ernest?

Mensrea said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mensrea said:
Yeah, there is honestly not a single 3DS game I'm looking forward to right now. Not a one. That kinda sucks.

Do you mean that we know we will get this year or any at all that has been announced at some time (or that we know/have heard is coming)?

Kirby!!!!!!!!!! He's the man! There is also SSB :). As i see it, they need a metroid + a second FE! 

My predictions this year for 3DS (not wat i necessarily want but...) we'll get...

1. Metroid 2D

2. LoZ MM 3D

3. FE (new story+cast) japan only

4. F-Zero :p

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Wats Ernest?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0015181/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_28

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

After the amazing year 3DS had last year. Seem like Nintendo is dropping the ball just as sales of the 3DS hardware was really picking up

As Nintendo switch to many resources to the WiiU and that would explain why they don't have any killer apps coming to the 3DS?

This time last year Fire Eblem was just release we were looking forward to Castlevania, Luigi Mansion, Monster Hunter 3 on 3ds.

Donkey Kong 3D in May 2013, Animal Crossing was releasing June 2013 & Mario and Luigi: Dream team in August 2013. Fall 2013 had big promising major titles Pokemon X & Y; Zelda a link between world and Mario Party.

2014 is looking very bleak; Bravely default is the only title worth mentioning so far this year. That game should have been released last year.

Edited: On the horizon, we have Yoshi's New Island in March, Yet another Professor Layton game in Q1-Q2 2014. Mario Golf: World Tour on May 2nd.  Leaving only Kirby: Triple Deluxe May 2014.

I don't know of any major release for summer 2014.

The only major fall release that’s not even official yet is Super Smash Bros which I have no interest of buying on the 3ds.

WiiU is failing; you'd think Nintendo would make a greater effort to support the 3DS! Nintendo really need to improve relationship with Third party developer if they intend on improving both the 3ds and WiiU library. It's time for Nintendo to bring back second party developers.

If Nintendo could secure the shares to Capcom, Level-5, Platinum & Sega and between the 5 companies build a few new studios they wouldn't need to rely on 3rd parties.

Edit: Sega could bring back their SEGA SPORTS studios and produce all the major sport title on the Nintendo concoles. 

What the hell are you talking about? 3DS hardware picking up?? Have you seen January 3DS sales? Abysmal, its down YoY terribly. Japan is the same situation. Imagine Europe as it's Nintendos weakest region.

Mensrea said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mensrea said:

So I'm assuming you're not interested in either the Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright series.
I'll also assume you're not into Monster Hunter.
And you're not interested in Mighty No 9 (which is announced and upcoming for 3DS and pretty much every other system for 2015)
I guess you're not really a fan of the Etrian Odyssey series (as Persona Q is looking to be similar to that)
Hmmm.  To be honest, there are a good bit of 3DS games that will be coming out that a lot of people would be interested in (within the niche and main stream).  Which makes me wonder, what kind of games even interest you to begin with?
I mean, 3DS is also getting Smash Bros, Kirby, Yoshi, and a handful of decent eShop titles.

MDMAlliance said:
Mensrea said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mensrea said:

So I'm assuming you're not interested in either the Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright series.
I'll also assume you're not into Monster Hunter.
And you're not interested in Mighty No 9 (which is announced and upcoming for 3DS and pretty much every other system for 2015)
I guess you're not really a fan of the Etrian Odyssey series (as Persona Q is looking to be similar to that)
Hmmm.  To be honest, there are a good bit of 3DS games that will be coming out that a lot of people would be interested in (within the niche and main stream).  Which makes me wonder, what kind of games even interest you to begin with?
I mean, 3DS is also getting Smash Bros, Kirby, Yoshi, and a handful of decent eShop titles.

Nope, both of those series are not really my cup of tea.

I hate Monster Hunter.

Mighty No. 9 is a long way away, but sure, I guess you could count that.

Etrian is not my thing.

Smash Bros is coming for Wii U, so I see no reason to buy it on 3DS. 

I HATE Kirby with a passion.

The Yoshi game looks awful.

Just nothing really for me here.

I want Advance wars, Metroid, a good pac man game, wave race, F-Zero, Star Fox, Wario land. There are plenty of games that I like, just nothing that has been announced for 3DS.

yvanjean said:

This time last year Fire Eblem was just release we were looking forward to Castlevania, Luigi Mansion, Monster Hunter 3 on 3ds.

Fire Emblem 1.23 million

Castelvania LoS 0.12 million

Donkey Kong 3D in May 2013, Animal Crossing was releasing June 2013 & Mario and Luigi: Dream team in August 2013. Fall 2013 had big promising major titles Pokemon X & Y; Zelda a link between world and Mario Party.

Mario and Luigi; Dream Team: 1.41million

Mario Party 3D 0.34 million

Luigis Mansion, Monster Hunter,Pokemon,AnimalCrossing andZelda are the big hitters saleswise, but 2013 will be rememberd by the numbers of good games.

I wish nintendo focused more on wii u.