By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you still think WiiU can outsell Gamecube? (US: Second January, GC: 81k Vs WiiU: 49k)

Will WiiU Beat Gamecube?

Yes 190 47.98%

No 138 34.85%

Maybe / See results 66 16.67%

Total:394

Wow digital distribution is not downloadable content. Digital distribution is like how I bought my WiiU from Wal-mart you buy online, because they have bundle deals, and they distribute to your house so it never goes to a store and is on shelf. SMH. Amazon is a online retail store that s why its included because they have no shelfs.

Around the Network

I think its gonna outsell the Cube, looking at how seriously theyre taking Mario Kart and Smash.

Its gonna be close though. Wont go higher than 25 Million.

It will pass the Gamecube yes.

POE said:

What are you basing that raw assumption on? The 2014 YOY was just revealed to be lower than 2013. It's currently trending towards less than 20< mil Life.

No, I thought Nintendo would continue to try, but looking at the spring lineup, it's clear that they just don't care anymore.

It's sad, because I love playing HD Nintendo games.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
POE said:

What are you basing that raw assumption on? The 2014 YOY was just revealed to be lower than 2013. It's currently trending towards less than 20< mil Life.

Anyone that's expecting the WII U to pass gamecubes lifetime numbers are in denial about the full years worth of data that we have collected so far LOL. 

It could do either but assuming Nintendo actually try to sell it by dropping the price and bundling software I think it can do a lot more. The component parts of the wii u are cheap end stuff and it probably costs less to make than hard drive equipped ps3's and 360s so a price cut is easy for Nintendo despite what they say.

reggin_bolas said:
POE said:

I am basing that assumption simply because that´s what i think. Look at the Question in the OP, IT CLEARLY SAYS: "Do you still think WiiU can outsell Gamecube?

So yes, i still think it.

Instead of the GC, I think the Wii U could even beat the original xbox. Like the poster above me said, this is just what I "THINK".

DolPhanTendo said:
Wow digital distribution is not downloadable content. Digital distribution is like how I bought my WiiU from Wal-mart you buy online, because they have bundle deals, and they distribute to your house so it never goes to a store and is on shelf. SMH. Amazon is a online retail store that s why its included because they have no shelfs.

No, what you are discribing is still physical distrubtion.  Even if you order something through walmart.com, it still needs to be PHYSICALLY shipped or distributed to your house.  Digital distributed describes something that is DIGITALLY distributed, as in downloaded or streamed directly to your house.  Dont believe me you can google it and see for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_distribution