By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - playstation 4 looking like its going back to p2 like domination

ironmanDX said:
JoeTheBro said:
ironmanDX said:
Those figures say otherwise, the ones in your OP.

I know this is a hard time and all, but wut?

PS2 dominated more than that...

PS4 is whipping ass, no question but this is way too early to call.

I agree it's too early to call, but the numbers in the op don't say otherwise lol.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
ironmanDX said:
JoeTheBro said:
ironmanDX said:
Those figures say otherwise, the ones in your OP.

I know this is a hard time and all, but wut?

PS2 dominated more than that...

PS4 is whipping ass, no question but this is way too early to call.

I agree it's too early to call, but the numbers in the op don't say otherwise lol.

He posted them for arguments sake. PS2 dominated more than.... What is that 40 percent marketshare for that week?

Yes, it does.

vivster said:
Way too early to call. There probably won't be a 2:1 at the end of the gen. Probably not even 1.5:1.

Really?  So if the PS4 sells 115M, you expect the One to sell ~82M?  Ain't going to happen.  I think right now, since it won't have near the success in EU or Japan as the 360, the One is looking at maybe 60-65M.

@ OP

While it may not sell ~160M units like the PS2, I definitely think the gap between it and the One is going to be pretty big.  Probably ~50M.

Kyuu said:
It needs to sell 6-7 times more than Xbox ONE to achieve PS2 domination status. It does have a chance outselling X1 2:1 but even that is unlikely.

How is that unlikely? The ps4 is trending to double the install base of xbox one once it launches in Japan 

mM
leo-j said:
Kyuu said:
It needs to sell 6-7 times more than Xbox ONE to achieve PS2 domination status. It does have a chance outselling X1 2:1 but even that is unlikely.

How is that unlikely? The ps4 is trending to double the install base of xbox one once it launches in Japan 

double=/= 6-7 times more. Anyway yes i agree ps4 will dominate but it will sell alot more than x1. My guess as of now is 50-60mil X1 90mil-110mil ps4

Around the Network

Ps2 level? No, DS level? Probably not... Wii Level? Most likely

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

thismeintiel said:
vivster said:
Way too early to call. There probably won't be a 2:1 at the end of the gen. Probably not even 1.5:1.

Really?  So if the PS4 sells 115M, you expect the One to sell ~82M?  Ain't going to happen.  I think right now, since it won't have near the success in EU or Japan as the 360, the One is looking at maybe 60-65M.

I don't really expect the PS4 to sell more than 100 million.

90 million vs 65 million sounds good to me. But that's probably still too high for both.

These numbers only count though if PS4/X1 don't find a way to tap into the casual market like last gen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The PS2 outsold the Xbox and Gamecube combined like 3 times over. The PS4 will win but it won't have PS2 level of domination.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I said PS4 will dominate a year ago. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154142

allblue said:
Wow, 4 months into release and people are already celebrating. X1 is selling on its own overcoming both that initial negative back lash and $100 gap to boot. There's titanfall, Gears, Halo and others megahit franchises MS can get its hand on with their deep pockets.

X1 can still beat PS4, one generation is a long time.

yahh becasue PS4 will not get UC4 TLOS2 GOW GT7 and all the other sony exclusioves and superior 3rd partys.

X1 lost the war, its a matter of how respectable a figth it can put up now.