By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
SubiyaCryolite said:
Jesus

Don't mind me, I was just doing some butchering/slaughtering ...

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Yeah! And the WIi's architecture was also an update from the Gamecube's. Keep on spinning. 

It will hurt when reality finally hits your face. =(

Apparently common sense is spin to you. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think Wii U's hardware is similar to the Wii.

Aside from the GPU, yeah it's CPU is EXTREMELY similar to gamecube's gecko. Even then the GPU comes from the tried and true VLIW5 architecture that was from AMD on the PC space. 

AKA that GPU in the WII U would be considered Hynad's HD 5770 little brother.

Nah. Even a 5670 (which I owned) would run circles around the WiiU. That baby ran 7th gen multiplats maxed out at up to 900p with 60fps and MSAA. With a 5670 3D world would have been 1080p60 I kid you not. Wii U wishes it could do that.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:

Nah. Even a 5670 (which I owned) would run circles around the WiiU. That baby ran 7th gen multiplats maxed out at up to 900p with 60fps and MSAA. With a 5670 3D world would have been 1080p60 I kid you not. Wii U wishes it could do that.

By "little brother" what I had meant was a cut down HD 5550.

DarkTemplar said:
y time I see people comparing Wii U games (such as X and Bayonetta) with games like GTA and Red Dead Redemption the only thing I can think is:

"Why are people comparing low budget Wii U titles with some of the most expensive titles ever made?"

Budget plays a role much more important than people usually think. I've learned that after more than a decade developing software (which include games by the way).

Unfortunately, I don't think that even 3D Mario and Zelda budget will get close to what those AAA titles had.

well, that's the op's doing. I dont think people really care about how good these games looks (im still playing bayonetta)

curl-6 said:

-Wii GPU was the exact same core as GCN, just faster, (and die shrunk) so its familiar. Wii U's GPU is just not a faster version of 360's or PS3's GPU, so its less familiar.

@Bold So in other words your saying that the WII U is NOT more powerful than the PS360 ? (The sooner you stop the easier it will be on you.) Just because it's not a faster version of the PS360's GPU doesn't mean that developers won't know about it's family on the PC. LOL 

-What's happend here is you've been proven wrong because the Wii CPU was closer to GCN than to Wii U and you're trying to cover it by bashing.

Whether it's closer to gecko means shit because all of them are similar to a degree of over 97%. 

It's extremely sad to see you making more petty excuses seeing as how I had better respect for you. 

Your over-aggressive tone doesn't help your argument.

The only way Wii U could be more familiar than Wii was if it was literally a 360/PS3, exact same cores, architecture and everything, just with more clockspeed and RAM. And it isn't.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
curl-6 said:

-Wii GPU was the exact same core as GCN, just faster, (and die shrunk) so its familiar. Wii U's GPU is just not a faster version of 360's or PS3's GPU, so its less familiar.

@Bold So in other words your saying that the WII U is NOT more powerful than the PS360 ? (The sooner you stop the easier it will be on you.) Just because it's not a faster version of the PS360's GPU doesn't mean that developers won't know about it's family on the PC. LOL 

-What's happend here is you've been proven wrong because the Wii CPU was closer to GCN than to Wii U and you're trying to cover it by bashing.

Whether it's closer to gecko means shit because all of them are similar to a degree of over 97%. 

It's extremely sad to see you making more petty excuses seeing as how I had better respect for you. 

The only way Wii U could be more familiar than Wii was if it was literally a 360/PS3, exact same cores, architecture and everything, just with more clockspeed and RAM. And it isn't.

And your petty excuses are getting us nowhere ... 

Being familiar is one but being easy is another. Just because the PS360 are familiar DOESN'T mean that it's NOT hard to program on them. Developers don't just stay with just a couple pieces of hardware. Their also familiar with PC hardware too and the WII Us GPU derived from there so enough with your excuses about the WII U not being a clone of the PS360. 

The PS4 and X1 are nowhere NEAR similar to last gen consoles either and they are the only consoles that somehow can outperform their last gen counterparts at their god damned launches compared to the WII U. 

curl-6 said:
curl-6 said:

And your petty excuses are getting us nowhere ... 

Being familiar is one but being easy is another. Just because the PS360 are familiar DOESN'T mean that it's NOT hard to program on them. Developers don't just stay with just a couple pieces of hardware. Their also familiar with PC hardware too and the WII Us GPU derived from there so enough with your excuses about the WII U not being a clone of the PS360. 

The PS4 and X1 are nowhere NEAR similar to last gen consoles either and they are the only consoles that somehow can outperform their last gen counterparts at their god damned launches compared to the WII U. 

Why are you getting so worked up? It's only the internet dude.

Devs are intimately familiar with PS3/360, their engines have been  tailored to them over nearly a decade. Wii U is architecturally different so copy+pasting PS360 material over with zero effort produces poor results.

PS4/Xbone are more powerful, so they can brute force it. Also, devs actually tried with PS4/Xbone; they got properly made ports that took advantage of their hardware, (something Wii U only got with Need for Speed and Trine 2) not to mention ground-up exclusives designed to push the hardware. (Something Wii U still does not have)

Now I know why JoeTheBro was dissappointed ...

How do you know what's inline with the numbers when your seriously conspiring against Sony's statements ? You don't have anything claiming that the PS4 ISN'T 10x more powerful than the PS3. BTW that was NVIDIA's claim that the RSX had 2 Tflops NOT Sony. (AKA the guys that made your GTX 670's ...)  http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_21111.html Blame Nvidia's PR not Sony's!

Maybe if you had taken off the goggles and put some thinking caps on you might actually have an idea of what's going on. How is the negative press unfair when nintendo themselves puts out a system with an abysmal image ? Maybe those "hardcore gamers" aren't getting screwed in the back by Sony because they have modest PR compared to last time. The overhyping of the PS4 may need to tone down but the negativity towards the WII U is absolutely deserved.

Such as shame that you would resort to fighting in the console wars and I had better respect for neutral PC gamers but what you suggested just shows that your trapped in the console wars. How don't you have unbiased eye when you only just realized that pikmin 3 had edges galore when I pointed it out ? You don't seem to appreciate those "fine details" compared to other PC gamers like Pemalite and myself. 

Wow, getting defensive here are we ? That's because you clearly ARE attacking the PS4 and you haven't debunked anything. You don't have ANY real expectations of the systems because your uneducated about hardware in general. Even if you used your a "PC gamer" card it still doesn't mean that your analysis will be relevant considering that some PC gamers like Pemalite will know more than others. 

JoeTheBro said:

Oh I'll still talk with ZyroXZ2, but I'm done with this discussion with him. I like debating these things, not arguing them. With lines like "I said I'd stop, and yet here I am kicking you while you're down.  I will stop from this point forward, regardless of your response, for your sake"he shows he's not expressing his points, but rather is making it a personal battle lacking any commitment to the truth. You're far from innocent yourself, but at least I haven't noticed any childish remarks like this in your comments.

No childish comments?  Sure, he chose his words better, and I know you like him more than me, but seriously... The first thing he responded to me with was that I have goggles on and proceeds to demean my intelligence for no apparently good reason.  If you want to see who made it personal, you're looking at the wrong guy.  Besides, he said I had nothing to back up my claims, and I showed up with numbers and links that actually DO back up my claims.

But sure, I'm the bad guy here... Though, I have to say, this thread has really become something of an odd "bastard child" of threads, giving accidental birth to quite a massive debate, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

I am going to laugh my ass off so hardly if this thread reaches 1000 replies.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

I am going to laugh my ass off so hardly if this thread reaches 1000 replies.

The only thing that can stop that now is if it gets locked by a mod. ;)