By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
Hynad said:
supernihilist said:

Cell is based in Power PC too. It is common sense that devs, in order to cut costs, they often copy paste code, how dou you explain the sloppy ports that PS3 had in the beggining?

maybe it was because they didnt know PS3, but the same can be applied to WiiU.

actually 360 and WiiU are similar in the components....but thats where their similarities end.

You have to understand what huge benefits WiiU gets for being all in a MCM and eDram on die

Of course. And having that setup is supposed to make things easier for devs, not harder. ¬_¬

its not about easy or hard, but different.

devs are obviously not willing to change their programming habits for a mediocre selling HW

Around the Network
supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
supernihilist said:

Cell is based in Power PC too. It is common sense that devs, in order to cut costs, they often copy paste code, how dou you explain the sloppy ports that PS3 had in the beggining?

actually 360 and WiiU are similar in the components....but thats where their similarities end.

You have to understand what huge benefits WiiU gets for being all in a MCM and eDram on die

Of course. And having that setup is supposed to make things easier for devs, not harder. ¬_¬

devs are obviously not willing to change their programming habits for a mediocre selling HW

All these arguments only make sense if the Wii U is in the same ballpark as the HD twins. If it was as powerful as you and Curl believe, ports would run better on it right off the bat. 

Memory was the main problem for the HD twins. A problem that isn't supposed to be present on the Wii U. Yet it still struggles to handle these games at a better frame rate than those old consoles. Curl brings up years of experience on those old ass consoles, yet when confronted with the fact that PS3 (a console that was pretty much alien to devs for the console's first two or so years) and 360 early cross-gen ports ran better than on the PS2 and Xbox, it's now not the same thing.  Common sense, indeed.

Hynad said:
supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
supernihilist said:

All these arguments only make sense if the Wii U is in the same ballpark as the HD twins. If it was more powerful, ports would run better on it right off the bat. 
Memory was the main problem for the HD twins. A problem that isn't supposed to be present on the Wii U. Yet it still struggles to handle these games at a better frame rate than those old consoles. Curl brings up years of experience on those old ass consoles, yet when confronted with the fact that PS3 (a console that was pretty much alien to devs for the console's first two or so years) and 360 early cross-gen ports ran better than on the PS2 and Xbox, it's now not the same thing.  Common sense, indeed.

Well, 360 and PS3 were massively more powerful than a PS2. Yet early cross gen games only had higher resolution and stable framerates.

WiiU is only about 50-100% more powerful than them, an estimation.

WiiU is a radical design with all in a single die to favour low consumption, eDram BW use and very low latency.

Since i find not accurate to compare cross gen ports from different gens, better would be to compare early exclusives, and we  got a really good comparison right out the bat.

ZombiU vs Condemned

Both launch titles in the same genre. I actually had the chance to play Condemned 5 years ago, and played ZombiU last year. ZombiU pack a lot more detail in the backgrounds, and are about the same in the character deparment, they both run at 30 FPS but ZombiU puts a lot more characters on screen. Condenmned has better shadowing for characters, but the overall lightning engine looks more or less similar. ZombiU has ugly textures here and there, so does Condemned.

Overall even if ZombiU looks rough around the edges, it packs clearly more poly count and detail than Condemned, and lighting and textures are about on par, if not slightly better on ZombiU.

Exactly the difference i expect, in the future WiiU games that have some effort put on them should look slighltly better than current games like Tomb raider, Gears 5, Uncharted 3. Or equal but with better framerates and Vsyn enabled, better textures etc.

maybe its a small improvement for you guys, but is enough for me to justify buying Nintendo HW, since their games are going to look GORGEOUS!!!

Are you going to judge WiiUs power based on Wii projects passed from Wii or early effortless ports???

That seems really shortsighted honestly.

Well, 360 and PS3 were massively more powerful than a PS2. Yet early cross gen games only had higher resolution and stable framerates.

WiiU is a radical design with all in a single die to favour low consumption, eDram BW use and very low latency.

Since i find not accurate to compare cross gen ports from different gens, better would be to compare early exclusives, and we  got a really good comparison right out the bat.

ZombiU vs Condemned

Both launch titles in the same genre. I actually had the chance to play Condemned 5 years ago, and played ZombiU last year. ZombiU pack a lot more detail in the backgrounds, and are about the same in the character deparment, they both run at 30 FPS but ZombiU puts a lot more characters on screen. Condenmned has better shadowing for characters, but the overall lightning engine looks more or less similar. ZombiU has ugly textures here and there, so does Condemned.

Overall even if ZombiU looks rough around the edges, it packs clearly more poly count and detail than Condemned, and lighting and textures are about on par, if not slightly better on ZombiU.

Exactly the difference i expect, in the future WiiU games that have some effort put on them should look slighltly better than current games like Tomb raider, Gears 5, Uncharted 3. Or equal but with better framerates and Vsyn enabled, better textures etc.

maybe its a small improvement for you guys, but is enough for me to justify buying Nintendo HW, since their games are going to look GORGEOUS!!!

Are you going to judge WiiUs power based on Wii projects passed from Wii or early effortless ports???

The option for much bigger Worlds due to ram, native HD, seemless streaming dual screen play, off tv play, the Wii U offers a little more than what you posted, even at the very beginning of it's gen. 

supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
supernihilist said:

All these arguments only make sense if the Wii U is in the same ballpark as the HD twins. If it was more powerful, ports would run better on it right off the bat. 

ZombiU vs Condemned

What the heck. It is a small improvement over the HD twins. It's barely noticeable, in fact. But I still got the console because I enjoy Nintendo's franchises. I'm glad it's at least powerful enough to not look like crap on my 1080p display. The Wii games looked like washed out turds on it, even if they were fun

You probably think I'm bashing the console because I don't see it as such a step up over the HD twins. You couldn't be more wrong. I can like the console even if it's clearly not what you guys believe it is. Not everyone out there need to feel they have the best product ever to justify their love for it. I love Nintendo, always have. But I'm calling things as they are, as they show themselves to me. No based on what I wish they'd be. ¬_¬

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

ZombiU vs Condemned

The option for much bigger Worlds due to ram, native HD, seemless streaming dual screen play, off tv play, the Wii U offers a little more than what you posted, even at the very beginning of it's gen. 

i dunno wth are you talking about, but im only talkin about the taechnical aspects.

now you reminded me i forgot to mention ZombiU is one of the very few titles that actually renders in real time the gamepad at the same time of the TV image.

So WiiU basically can display slighlty better graphics than 360, at the same time also render a different image on the gamepad in 480p with original Xbox level of detail (more or less).

I think ZombiU vs Condemned  proves that WiiU is clearly more capable than 360 by a decent margin, a 100% improvement both maxed out.

Not bad for a 250$ machine with a huge screen on the Pad and that only draws 32Watts ;)

I find staggering how mass media and market can reject such an excellent design for not being "powerfull enough" LOL

Same happened to GC. GC was a fucking engineering marvel and it got severely overlooked. Even got outsold by the frankenstein Xbox was LOL

I definitely hate the populace, the mass market sucks and anything that captures it sucks by definition. Give me my NICHES, i love mine niches!!!

LOL / rant

Hynad said:
supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
supernihilist said:

ZombiU vs Condemned

What the heck. It is a small improvement over the HD twins. It's barely noticeable, in fact. But it was enough for me to get the console just the same. 

You probably think I'm bashing the console because I don't see it as such a step up over the HD twins. You couldn't be more wrong. I can like the console even if it's clearly not what you guys believe it is. Not everyone out there need to feel they have the best product ever to justify their love for it. I love Nintendo, always have. But I'm calling things as they are, as they show themselves to me. No based on what I wish they'd be. ¬_¬

MMM, dont know what are you talkingbout. WiiU is clearly the best design out of the three, as a design. And its a MASSIVE improvement over PS360. Just because in real time they perfom similar doesnt mean shit. Thats a really skewed and shortshigted vision of yours LOL. Same happened to GC. GC was the best design, most efficient, cost effective and $ per flop....BUT the market and people are beaches

Nintendo are ace at design since they let SGI screw the N64 for them. inform yourself a lil bit bud

supernihilist said:

i dunno wth are you talking about, but im only talkin about the taechnical aspects.

now you reminded me i forgot to mention ZombiU is one of the very few titles that actually renders in real time the gamepad at the same time of the TV image.

So WiiU basically can display MUCH better graphics than 360, at the same time also render a different image on the gamepad in 480p with original Xbox level of detail (more or less).

I think ZombiU vs Condemned  proves that WiiU is clearly more capable than 360 by a decent margin, a 100% improvement both maxed out.

Not bad for a 250$ machine with a huge screen on the Pad and that only draws 32Watts ;)

I find staggering how mass media and market can reject such an excellent design for not being "powerfull enough" LOL

Same happened to GC. GC was a fucking engineering marvel and it got severely overlooked. Even got outsold by the frankenstein Xbox was LOL

I definitely hate the populace, the mass market sucks and anything that captures it sucks by definition. Give me my NICHES, i love mine niches!!!

LOL / rant

Fixed. this kind of discussion should be over after all this time.

Zero999 said:
supernihilist said:

So WiiU basically can display MUCH better graphics than 360, at the same time also render a different image on the gamepad in 480p with original Xbox level of detail (more or less).

LOL / rant

Fixed. this kind of discussion should be over after all this time.

yeah i know, but what can we do?

supernihilist said:

MMM, dont know what are you talkingbout. WiiU is clearly the best design out of the three, as a design. And its a MASSIVE improvement over PS360. Just because in real time they perfom similar doesnt mean shit. Thats a really skewed and shortshigted vision of yours LOL. Same happened to GC. GC was the best design, most efficient, cost effective and $ per flop....BUT the market and people are beaches

Nintendo are ace at design since they let SGI screw the N64 for them. inform yourself a lil bit bud

Seriously? Because I don't share your fetishism, you call me uninformed? Are you for real?

Now, it's everyone outside Nintendo that's to blame... You have to be kidding.