By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your reaction to the Wii U drought?

But hey it's only a problem for the the absolut hardcore Nfans who had all games so fare.. The normal consumer still got a lot more AAA titles to choose from on WiiU,, rather than ps4 and one..
So you could call it "nintendo skrewed me again.. and now i'm selling my wiiu.. and fire them all" or you could see the glass as half full.. :)

Around the Network

My reaction: I hope you like indies!

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Michael-5 said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
Michael-5 said:

Wonderful 101 ended WiiU's drought (despite poor sales).

Bayonetta 2 has been confirmed for summer 2014 in Japan. I doubt the game will release much later outside of Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if it launched in September and Smash Bros in November (or vice versa).

X worries me, they didn't even give it a 2014 release date. I'd really hate to see another FFXIII Versus or The Last Guardian. Also I don't think Nintendo is known for announcing games that far in advance. MS announced Halo 5, a fall 2015 game, at E3 2013. Uncharted 4 probably won't release until 2015 either. What does Nintendo have for 2015? X (maybe) and Fire Emblem x. SMT?

cough*Zelda*cough

That game hasn't been officially announced. It's only assumed since there was an E3 tech demo.

But Nintendo confirmed in last year's January Nintendo Direct that a new Zelda game is in development for the WiiU (it was th direct where they announced The Wind Waker HD).

Michael-5 said:
kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:
kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:

What does a game releasing in March have to do with the drought between March and September? (Which WiiU has Mario Kart in the middle of)

FFXIV is not a new game, so I wouldn't count it.

Honestly you should count it. It gives owners something to play and is a game so it should be counted. Did you count WWHD when it released in August? I did and so did many other people I'm quite sure. It did continue the releases so WWHD along with FFXIV should be counted as well.

1. I wouldn't count Wind Waker HD

2. FFXIV is already available for higher spec on PC. Porting to PS4 is essentially porting a downgraded game onto a weaker system.

Point is, WiiU doesn't have the longest drought, even if you counted FFXIV. So why are people mocking it?

Well I along with thousands of other people counted Wind Waker HD as ending the drought.

Wii U has an unneccesarily long drought for a system that has had time to develop games and prepare for it. We are still waiting for a game that was revealed in September (I believe when Bayonetta 2 was accounced as exclusive), to come out this year with no solid release date or window yet. Just a vague 2014 release which could mean a delay when it's that vague.

I'm not mocking it. Maybe others are but I think me and others who purchased the Wii U are fed up with waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting. It's BS that no gamer that put down cash on a system and supported a company really should have to deal with.

Bayonetta 2 has been confirmed for summer 2014 in Japan. I doubt the game will release much later outside of Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if it launched in September and Smash Bros in November (or vice versa).

X worries me, they didn't even give it a 2014 release date. I'd really hate to see another FFXIII Versus or The Last Guardian. Also I don't think Nintendo is known for announcing games that far in advance. MS announced Halo 5, a fall 2015 game, at E3 2013. Uncharted 4 probably won't release until 2015 either. What does Nintendo have for 2015? X (maybe) and Fire Emblem x. SMT?

Crap. I realized I completely was wrong about the drought ending game. In North America where I am, it was actually Pikmin 3 in August.

and what about Yarn Yoshi? Is that game canned or what? 

Mystro-Sama said:
kidvizious said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Sure the direct good but I thought Nintendo had learned from last year's mistake and scheduled their games properly but I guess not. There will be no games after DK for 4 months which is just abysmal honestly.

Thoughts?

You have no idea how angry I am. I have supported the Wii U by buying 12 games 6 of which are 1st party and the other 6 3rd party, 2 Pro Controllers, screen protectors, Eshop games, and more. I waited paitently as launch window games were delayed by months. I suppose things got better with games releasing. SM3DW in November. Now I wait til February for DK. After DK there is Mario Kart in May. That is 3 months in between worth while games. 

This is extremely frustrating and makes me lose confidence in Nintendo. I pretty much realized I am going to have to buy an Xbox One or PS4 to get my 3rd party fix because Nintendo isn't going to provide me with that even though they said they would by showing all those reels of the AAA developer head honchos. I basically feel betrayed as a loyal fan who buys all AAA Nintendo games along with smaller ones. I have enough 3DS stuff, everyone does, give the Wii U something more. This is becoming unbearable. The PS4 is about to surpass the Wii U in sales.

You're a real trooper if you were depending on them for 3rd parties o.o

Nah, i don't think so.

There are many fans that simply don't understand what is happening with Nintendo. WiiU have some serious sales problems and Nintendo doesn't seem to know how to fix them. At its side, N64 was an absolutely success, in every aspect. XD.  I have to say that I love N64 (and NGC, but especially the 64).

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:
Michael-5 said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
Michael-5 said:

cough*Zelda*cough

That game hasn't been officially announced. It's only assumed since there was an E3 tech demo.

But Nintendo confirmed in last year's January Nintendo Direct that a new Zelda game is in development for the WiiU (it was th direct where they announced The Wind Waker HD).

Okay well Sony's confirmed that The Last of Us 2 was in development for a while too. They also said the next Uncharted was in development only a month after UC3 launched, and same goes with MS with Halo 5.

From announcement to launch, Nintendo doesn't typically keep people waiting any more then 2 years. MS keeps people waiting longer for big games (like Halo), and Sony for niche games (like The Last Guardian).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

good thing i dont have a wiiU

Michael-5 said:
BeElite said:
Michael-5 said:

Okay so PS4 and XBO have a 6 month drought and people are complaining about a 3 month drought for the WiiU......seems unfair

P.S. Yes the WiiU will also have a drought after Mario Kart 8, but if Smash Bros or Bayonetta release in September (which one might) then it's still shorter.

lol 6 moth month drought way to make shit up.

Thief late feb
Infamous Late march
FF14 april
MLB may
Elder scrolls online june
Destiny Sept

DriveClub will be somewhere in there

These are only ones with actual release daates, a hell of a lot of others are Q1 Q2 and no way do all the 2014 games release during the holidays.  Then there are the indi psn titles and the PSN+ free games. 

Elder Scrolls makes the difference, I forgot about that game.

Still, Nintendo could release Bayonetta 2 as early as September. Is the 3 month wait between DK and MK, and 4 months between MK and Bayonetta 2 that bad?

Super Mario 3d World is the only 9+/10 8th gen game, I think WiiU owners can enjoy the shit out of that for now. I do wish Nintendo made more for the WiiU (it needs it), but the OP makes it seem like Nintendo is going to have a huge drought and PS4/XBO will be floods. None of the 8th gen systems are releasing much before this fall (when hell breaks loose), and all 3 have a major game releasing in spring (Titanfall/InFamous/Mario Kart)

Actually it is that bad for people that beat games in a month and want a new experience while watching the other 2 consoles getting all this love. To me and I'm sure many 4 months is a long drought as is 3 months. Both are long droughts and frankly, Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for letting the Wii U fall into this dire situation. Xbox One flubbed it at first but Microsoft took action. Sony had it right from the start. Nintendo should have done something to fix things.

Go to Wii U Daily, this Wii U Fanboy site which I go to to get Wii U news quickly. Even the commenters who have been there for a long time championing the Wii U are frankly sick of it. You know that when you have fanboys sick and tired things are bad. I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I am. I love Nintendo. But right now, I'm just so fed up with it and frankly extremely worried about purchasing another Nintendo console at launch. I may have to wait 2 or 3 years for the next one to see how it goes because Nintendo showed me that I can't rely on them for all my gaming needs.

kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:

Elder Scrolls makes the difference, I forgot about that game.

Still, Nintendo could release Bayonetta 2 as early as September. Is the 3 month wait between DK and MK, and 4 months between MK and Bayonetta 2 that bad?

Super Mario 3d World is the only 9+/10 8th gen game, I think WiiU owners can enjoy the shit out of that for now. I do wish Nintendo made more for the WiiU (it needs it), but the OP makes it seem like Nintendo is going to have a huge drought and PS4/XBO will be floods. None of the 8th gen systems are releasing much before this fall (when hell breaks loose), and all 3 have a major game releasing in spring (Titanfall/InFamous/Mario Kart)

Actually it is that bad for people that beat games in a month and want a new experience while watching the other 2 consoles getting all this love. To me and I'm sure many 4 months is a long drought as is 3 months. Both are long droughts and frankly, Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for letting the Wii U fall into this dire situation. Xbox One flubbed it at first but Microsoft took action. Sony had it right from the start. Nintendo should have done something to fix things.

Go to Wii U Daily, this Wii U Fanboy site which I go to to get Wii U news quickly. Even the commenters who have been there for a long time championing the Wii U are frankly sick of it. You know that when you have fanboys sick and tired things are bad. I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I am. I love Nintendo. But right now, I'm just so fed up with it and frankly extremely worried about purchasing another Nintendo console at launch. I may have to wait 2 or 3 years for the next one to see how it goes because Nintendo showed me that I can't rely on them for all my gaming needs.

I dunno, Wii had long droughts after 2007.

Nintendo's systems desperately need 3rd party support, without it my opinion is that Nintendo owners need a second system. When I beat everything for Gamecube I bought a PS2, same with N64 and PS1.

You can't rely on Nintendo for all your gaming needs (at least for home consoles, they do handhelds well), I agree. However the WiiU is a much better secondary system then the XBO is to the PS4 and vice versa. Nintendo's exclusives while few and far between, are awesome.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Okay well Sony's confirmed that The Last of Us 2 was in development for a while too. 

When on earth did they confirm such a thing? o.o They only said they were considering it the last time I heard.