By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your reaction to the Wii U drought?

zorg1000 said:
BeElite said:
Thoughts, they have given up on the WIIu and are focusing on milking the 3ds. No new games just what we already know, not a bright future i see.

Why did anybody expect a bunch of new game announcements? They specifically said this was focused on spring releases, they only thing anybody should have expected was trailers/details/release dates for already announced games, indie/eshop titles and that is exactly what they showed.

At the very most u could suspect a small-mid size game to fill in the DKC and Mario Kart gap, personally I thought Luigi's Mansion 2 HD was possible, but other than something like that nobody should have expected big game announcments.

Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, X, Hyrule Warriors, Yarn Yoshi, SMTxFE, thats 8 1st/2nd party Wii U games that have been announced and have yet to release, there is/was no reason to believe there would be any big new games shown.

well like many other i think given their weak sales i figured they would want to give people a reason to beleive in the U and want to build some postive hype around it and its future by showing new software or at the very least teasing the shit out of it.   The console is selling so bad that this is the time to put all their cards on the table and go all out.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
memo said:
Michael-5 said:

Is this really a drought? WiiU fans got Super Mario 3D Worlds in December, Donkey Kong 2 months later in February, and Mario Kart will release 3 months later in May.

XBO has Titanfall, which isn't really an exclusive in March, and nothing till Fall, and PS4 is in the same boat with InFamous.

So WiiU not getting Mario Kart for 3 months, is actually fine. This means that after March the only game to look forward to on all consoles before the Holidays will be Mario Kart. Then after that WiiU owners will have a fresher game to enjoy while PS4/XBO fans suffer a drought.

Mario Kart is the only game to look forward? mmm...

Driveclub, destiny, thief, dying light, the order 1886, deep down, TESO(I still believe it can be good), watchdogs(earlier than wii u) and Infamous.  Thats for ps4, I don't know what games are coming to Xbox one

I meant "The only game to look forward to after March, but before the Holidays."

All 3 consoles have some great stuff planned for fall this year, but Nintendo is the only studio with anything good releasing in the Spring/Summer (Mario Kart 8 internationally and Bayonetta 2 in Japan)

Destiny is coming in September, is the second most preordered game in US

memo said:
Michael-5 said:
memo said:
Michael-5 said:

Is this really a drought? WiiU fans got Super Mario 3D Worlds in December, Donkey Kong 2 months later in February, and Mario Kart will release 3 months later in May.

XBO has Titanfall, which isn't really an exclusive in March, and nothing till Fall, and PS4 is in the same boat with InFamous.

So WiiU not getting Mario Kart for 3 months, is actually fine. This means that after March the only game to look forward to on all consoles before the Holidays will be Mario Kart. Then after that WiiU owners will have a fresher game to enjoy while PS4/XBO fans suffer a drought.

Driveclub, destiny, thief, dying light, the order 1886, deep down, TESO(I still believe it can be good), watchdogs(earlier than wii u) and Infamous.  Thats for ps4, I don't know what games are coming to Xbox one

I meant "The only game to look forward to after March, but before the Holidays."

All 3 consoles have some great stuff planned for fall this year, but Nintendo is the only studio with anything good releasing in the Spring/Summer (Mario Kart 8 internationally and Bayonetta 2 in Japan)

Okay so PS4 and XBO have a 6 month drought and people are complaining about a 3 month drought for the WiiU......seems unfair

P.S. Yes the WiiU will also have a drought after Mario Kart 8, but if Smash Bros or Bayonetta release in September (which one might) then it's still shorter.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
memo said:
Michael-5 said:
memo said:
Michael-5 said:

Okay so PS4 and XBO have a 6 month drought and people are complaining about a 3 month drought for the WiiU......seems unfair

P.S. Yes the WiiU will also have a drought after Mario Kart 8, but if Smash Bros or Bayonetta release in September (which one might) then it's still shorter.

Feb - Thief

Mar- Infamous and Titanfall

Apr - FFXIV

And everything is to be annouced at this point so what drought are you talking about exactly? 

Mystro-Sama said:
Michael-5 said:
memo said:

Feb - Thief

Apr - FFXIV

And everything is to be annouced at this point so what drought are you talking about exactly? 

What does a game releasing in March have to do with the drought between March and September? (Which WiiU has Mario Kart in the middle of)

FFXIV is not a new game, so I wouldn't count it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Yup. It's definitely a good idea to wait until 2015 at the earliest to buy this system. F$%# you, Nintendo!

Peace!

Michael-5 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Michael-5 said:
memo said:

Feb - Thief

Apr - FFXIV

What does a game releasing in March have to do with the drought between March and September? (Which WiiU has Mario Kart in the middle of)

FFXIV is not a new game, so I wouldn't count it.

Honestly you should count it. It gives owners something to play and is a game so it should be counted. Did you count WWHD when it released in August? I did and so did many other people I'm quite sure. It did continue the releases so WWHD along with FFXIV should be counted as well.

Michael-5 said:

lol 6 moth month drought way to make shit up.

Thief late feb
Infamous Late march
FF14 april
MLB may
Elder scrolls online june
Destiny Sept

DriveClub will be somewhere in there

These are only ones with actual release daates, a hell of a lot of others are Q1 Q2 and no way do all the 2014 games release during the holidays.  Then there are the indi psn titles and the PSN+ free games. 

They didn't exactly say the release date for X and Bayonetta 2 were not earlier in the year. It may be a logical conclusion that they're Q3/4 but logical and Nintendo don't always mesh.

Anyways, I don't have much money to spend on games right now, so on a personal level, I don't care.As a Nintendo fan however, it sucks that their system is not going to get what it needs to succeed.

Michael-5 said:
memo said:
Michael-5 said:
memo said:
Michael-5 said:

That 6 month drought is even worse, but at least they have an excuse. This is the Wii U's second year! You'd expect Nintendo to be opening the first party floodgates about now - especially considering that two of this years biggest Wii U titles were actually supposed to release last year. Where the hell are all the gaems!?