By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your reaction to the Wii U drought?

Michael-5 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Michael-5 said:
memo said:

Destiny is coming in September, is the second most preordered game in US

Okay so PS4 and XBO have a 6 month drought and people are complaining about a 3 month drought for the WiiU......seems unfair

P.S. Yes the WiiU will also have a drought after Mario Kart 8, but if Smash Bros or Bayonetta release in September (which one might) then it's still shorter.

Feb - Thief

Mar- Infamous and Titanfall

Apr - FFXIV

And everything is to be annouced at this point so what drought are you talking about exactly? 

What does a game releasing in March have to do with the drought between March and September? (Which WiiU has Mario Kart in the middle of)

FFXIV is not a new game, so I wouldn't count it.

There are about a dozen games without dates coming out this year. You think they're all going to come out in the same month? The date can be reveal tomorrow for April or May.

And I count FFXIV as a game. I'm pretty sure you would too if it was coming out for Wii U instead.

Around the Network
kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:

What does a game releasing in March have to do with the drought between March and September? (Which WiiU has Mario Kart in the middle of)

Honestly you should count it. It gives owners something to play and is a game so it should be counted. Did you count WWHD when it released in August? I did and so did many other people I'm quite sure. It did continue the releases so WWHD along with FFXIV should be counted as well.

1. I wouldn't count Wind Waker HD

2. FFXIV is already available for higher spec on PC. Porting to PS4 is essentially porting a downgraded game onto a weaker system.

Point is, WiiU doesn't have the longest drought, even if you counted FFXIV. So why are people mocking it?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:

Honestly you should count it. It gives owners something to play and is a game so it should be counted. Did you count WWHD when it released in August? I did and so did many other people I'm quite sure. It did continue the releases so WWHD along with FFXIV should be counted as well.

2. FFXIV is already available for higher spec on PC. Porting to PS4 is essentially porting a downgraded game onto a weaker system.

Point is, WiiU doesn't have the longest drought, even if you counted FFXIV. So why are people mocking it?

Well I along with thousands of other people counted Wind Waker HD as ending the drought.

Wii U has an unneccesarily long drought for a system that has had time to develop games and prepare for it. We are still waiting for a game that was revealed in September (I believe when Bayonetta 2 was accounced as exclusive), to come out this year with no solid release date or window yet. Just a vague 2014 release which could mean a delay when it's that vague.

I'm not mocking it. Maybe others are but I think me and others who purchased the Wii U are fed up with waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting. It's BS that no gamer that put down cash on a system and supported a company really should have to deal with.

That it doesn't affect me because I don't have a WiiU.

Michael-5 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Michael-5 said:
memo said:

Destiny is coming in September, is the second most preordered game in US

Okay so PS4 and XBO have a 6 month drought and people are complaining about a 3 month drought for the WiiU......seems unfair

P.S. Yes the WiiU will also have a drought after Mario Kart 8, but if Smash Bros or Bayonetta release in September (which one might) then it's still shorter.

Feb - Thief

Mar- Infamous and Titanfall

Apr - FFXIV

And everything is to be annouced at this point so what drought are you talking about exactly? 

Dying Light is releasing in March and ESO in June. Also theres is a lot games without a release date. 

Edit: The order is coming in Q3, the witcher wild hunt in Q2 and watch dogs between april and june

Around the Network

I'm pretty happy with it, because if X was coming out next month I'd have to find $400 and fast.

kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:
kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:

Well I along with thousands of other people counted Wind Waker HD as ending the drought.

Wii U has an unneccesarily long drought for a system that has had time to develop games and prepare for it. We are still waiting for a game that was revealed in September (I believe when Bayonetta 2 was accounced as exclusive), to come out this year with no solid release date or window yet. Just a vague 2014 release which could mean a delay when it's that vague.

I'm not mocking it. Maybe others are but I think me and others who purchased the Wii U are fed up with waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting. It's BS that no gamer that put down cash on a system and supported a company really should have to deal with.

Wonderful 101 ended WiiU's drought (despite poor sales).

Bayonetta 2 has been confirmed for summer 2014 in Japan. I doubt the game will release much later outside of Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if it launched in September and Smash Bros in November (or vice versa).

X worries me, they didn't even give it a 2014 release date. I'd really hate to see another FFXIII Versus or The Last Guardian. Also I don't think Nintendo is known for announcing games that far in advance. MS announced Halo 5, a fall 2015 game, at E3 2013. Uncharted 4 probably won't release until 2015 either. What does Nintendo have for 2015? X (maybe) and Fire Emblem x. SMT?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:
kidvizious said:
Michael-5 said:

Bayonetta 2 has been confirmed for summer 2014 in Japan. I doubt the game will release much later outside of Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if it launched in September and Smash Bros in November (or vice versa).

X worries me, they didn't even give it a 2014 release date. I'd really hate to see another FFXIII Versus or The Last Guardian. Also I don't think Nintendo is known for announcing games that far in advance. MS announced Halo 5, a fall 2015 game, at E3 2013. Uncharted 4 probably won't release until 2015 either. What does Nintendo have for 2015? X (maybe) and Fire Emblem x. SMT?

cough*Zelda*cough

BeElite said:
Michael-5 said:

lol 6 moth month drought way to make shit up.

Thief late feb
Infamous Late march
FF14 april
MLB may
Elder scrolls online june
Destiny Sept

DriveClub will be somewhere in there

These are only ones with actual release daates, a hell of a lot of others are Q1 Q2 and no way do all the 2014 games release during the holidays.  Then there are the indi psn titles and the PSN+ free games. 

Elder Scrolls makes the difference, I forgot about that game.

Still, Nintendo could release Bayonetta 2 as early as September. Is the 3 month wait between DK and MK, and 4 months between MK and Bayonetta 2 that bad?

Super Mario 3d World is the only 9+/10 8th gen game, I think WiiU owners can enjoy the shit out of that for now. I do wish Nintendo made more for the WiiU (it needs it), but the OP makes it seem like Nintendo is going to have a huge drought and PS4/XBO will be floods. None of the 8th gen systems are releasing much before this fall (when hell breaks loose), and all 3 have a major game releasing in spring (Titanfall/InFamous/Mario Kart)

AshKetchum1992 said:
Michael-5 said:

cough*Zelda*cough

That game hasn't been officially announced. It's only assumed since there was an E3 tech demo.