By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your reaction to the Wii U drought?

My response? Not buying it until Smash Bros. comes out. Smash bros has always been good enough to keep me going for an entire gen. Anything else is just extra. Even Mario Kart.

Around the Network
ZyroXZ2 said:
The Nintendo Direct clearly said it was focused on games coming by the end of Spring 2014, and they showed Bayonetta 2 and 'X', soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Sooooooooooooooo... We were lied to :'(

Just read more books.

Not just a Nintendo drought, imo.

Here are my game plans this 2014
Mario Kart 8
Witcher 3
FF15 (maybe last couple FF games left bad taste in mouth, though Bravely Default restored some, also probably not 2014, lol)
South Park Stick of Truth
Watch Dogs (maybe, delays are worrying me)
Smash Bros
Bayonetta 2 (maybe, never played first)
The Order 1886 (maybe, have to see more to determine)
X (is this 2014?)
Tales of Xilia 2
Monster Hunter 4

I think the only game that is released before Mario Kart is South Park. And that's basically same time as DK game, so drought for me regardless.

memo said:
Michael-5 said:

Is this really a drought? WiiU fans got Super Mario 3D Worlds in December, Donkey Kong 2 months later in February, and Mario Kart will release 3 months later in May.

XBO has Titanfall, which isn't really an exclusive in March, and nothing till Fall, and PS4 is in the same boat with InFamous.

So WiiU not getting Mario Kart for 3 months, is actually fine. This means that after March the only game to look forward to on all consoles before the Holidays will be Mario Kart. Then after that WiiU owners will have a fresher game to enjoy while PS4/XBO fans suffer a drought.

Mario Kart is the only game to look forward? mmm...

Driveclub, destiny, thief, dying light, the order 1886, deep down, TESO(I still believe it can be good), watchdogs(earlier than wii u) and Infamous.  Thats for ps4, I don't know what games are coming to Xbox one

I meant "The only game to look forward to after March, but before the Holidays."

All 3 consoles have some great stuff planned for fall this year, but Nintendo is the only studio with anything good releasing in the Spring/Summer (Mario Kart 8 internationally and Bayonetta 2 in Japan)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

t3mporary_126 said:
My response? Not buying it until Smash Bros. comes out. Smash bros has always been good enough to keep me going for an entire gen. Anything else is just extra. Even Mario Kart.

I'm waiting for X, I barely touched Smash Bros for Wii and there could be a sick X bundle.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
The Nintendo Direct clearly said it was focused on games coming by the end of Spring 2014, and they showed Bayonetta 2 and 'X', soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Or, those games are coming by end of Spring 2014 *hype explosion*

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
kidvizious said:
Mystro-Sama said:
kidvizious said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Sure the direct good but I thought Nintendo had learned from last year's mistake and scheduled their games properly but I guess not. There will be no games after DK for 4 months which is just abysmal honestly.

Thoughts?

You have no idea how angry I am. I have supported the Wii U by buying 12 games 6 of which are 1st party and the other 6 3rd party, 2 Pro Controllers, screen protectors, Eshop games, and more. I waited paitently as launch window games were delayed by months. I suppose things got better with games releasing. SM3DW in November. Now I wait til February for DK. After DK there is Mario Kart in May. That is 3 months in between worth while games. 

This is extremely frustrating and makes me lose confidence in Nintendo. I pretty much realized I am going to have to buy an Xbox One or PS4 to get my 3rd party fix because Nintendo isn't going to provide me with that even though they said they would by showing all those reels of the AAA developer head honchos. I basically feel betrayed as a loyal fan who buys all AAA Nintendo games along with smaller ones. I have enough 3DS stuff, everyone does, give the Wii U something more. This is becoming unbearable. The PS4 is about to surpass the Wii U in sales.

You're a real trooper if you were depending on them for 3rd parties o.o

Stupid of me right? I thought with the transition to HD and Online and a controller with all the standard buttons and features of the other 2 we would get not great, but good 3rd party support. Maybe even decent. It hasn't been decent. It has been bad. Nintendo needs to ride this out and in 5 years release the successor with specs comparable to the next 2 beasts if and when they come.

You're not stupid. You were just misguided by a company you liked. Nintendo just needs to get their shit together, thats all.

BeElite said:
Thoughts, they have given up on the WIIu and are focusing on milking the 3ds. No new games just what we already know, not a bright future i see.

Why did anybody expect a bunch of new game announcements? They specifically said this was focused on spring releases, they only thing anybody should have expected was trailers/details/release dates for already announced games, indie/eshop titles and that is exactly what they showed.

At the very most u could suspect a small-mid size game to fill in the DKC and Mario Kart gap, personally I thought Luigi's Mansion 2 HD was possible, but other than something like that nobody should have expected big game announcments.

Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, X, Hyrule Warriors, Yarn Yoshi, SMTxFE, thats 8 1st/2nd party Wii U games that have been announced and have yet to release, there is/was no reason to believe there would be any big new games shown.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well, there is this lego game coming in march, and if sonic boom come in mid april, i think everything could turn out fine. Not for wiiu sales, but for consumers yes. The problem is just this: when is the sonic game coming?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

ZyroXZ2 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Or, those games are coming by end of Spring 2014 *hype explosion*

Someone's optimistic lol just don't be too disappointed when it doesn't happen, ok?