By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X loooooooks AMAZING !!? DO YOU SEE THIS GUYS !? :O

X looks...

Awesome ! 299 65.14%

Good 77 16.78%

okay 70 15.25%

terrible ! ( I am jealous ) 12 2.61%

Total:458

The problem with this footage is that where the trailers showed off the wide open landscapes, the camera angles used here give us a rather closed view, hence it has less of a visual wow factor.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Nothing too spectacular, just another rehash of an old game with HD and some mechs. It's Nintendo like usual.

Its 100% not a button mash game, if it plays anything like Xenoblade chronicles (which it looks like it does)

Its much more about timing and positioning for certain attacks, and the synergy between your team so you dont die extremely fast.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

curl-6 said:
The problem with this footage is that where the trailers showed off the wide open landscapes, the camera angles used here give us a rather closed view, hence it has less of a visual wow factor.

This is true

i think they should have provided a little bit of footage of the wide open space prior to the battle scene, to give those who maybe missed the X reveal a sense of what the overall game will be like.

Bit of a marketing mis-hap..... as usual....

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Cleary397 said:
Anfebious said:
Nothing too spectacular, just another rehash of an old game with HD and some mechs. It's Nintendo like usual.

Its 100% not a button mash game, if it plays anything like Xenoblade chronicles (which it looks like it does)

Its much more about timing and positioning for certain attacks, and the synergy between your team so you dont die extremely fast.

Hes got a point. You can talk about timing and positioning all they want, but most people just want a straight forward and flashy game. This is why Final Fantasy XV gains more buzz even though its an enigma of a title right now.

Nem said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Nem said:

In phantasy star online you are in control of your slashes. Again, in Xeno you arent. Its an auto-attack.

Have you even played Xenoblade to be making these assumptions?

Not Xenoblade. Xenogears and saga.  I have made no assumption except what the game looks like to me which is Monster Hunter with Mechs.  So once again thank you for your opinion and assumptions as well but they wont be making me change mine. Only more footage or someone whom has played X and not the tons of games it looks similar to will do that.  

Its a bit silly that you dont know what you are talking about. The combat is Xenoblade is nothing like Xenogears and Xenosaga.

Do I know what X looks like?  Yes I do from viewing the footage this thread linked to. So I do know what I'm talking about.  Just to make sure that you understand I am talking about how the game looks. You may not like what I've taken away from it and probably find your own personal opinion more valid.  Rainbows and Sparkles for you.

They may want to come up with a different naming scheme if they don't want people comparing them.  HMM that is a very interesting statement cause what somone said earlier about the battlesystem sounded very similar to Xenosaga sans the basic attacks happen on their own.  Not that it matters. I'll leave you people whom are so sure you know every detail about an unreleased game to talk about it with each other. 

Around the Network

Honestly, a game with this many numbers, stats and buttons on screen instantly turn me off. It's like I'm doing math.

nitekrawler1285 said:
Doesn't Nintendo already have a deal for Monster Hunter on their platforms? What do they need another clone for?

Might want to learn how Monster Hunter plays before comparing it with other games ?

Edit: By reading your following posts, seems you're a lost cause.

curl-6 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Viper1 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Nope. Looked generic and typical been-there-done-that.

Generic, typical been-there-done-that's don't run up $200 used copies or RPG of the generation accolades from gamers.

So why have I never heard of it until now? 

Ignorance?

*rollseyes*

Or as I have said, only a certain fan group knows of this game.

TheJimbo1234 said:
curl-6 said:

Ignorance?

*rollseyes*

Have you ever used the internet...or is this your first time? 

Anyway, http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/03/xenoblade-pirates-dont-be-stupid

If you never heard of this game before, or Operation Rainfall, then yeah you are pretty ignorant when it comes to video games at least.

Nintendo and PC gamer

TheJimbo1234 said:
curl-6 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Viper1 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Nope. Looked generic and typical been-there-done-that.

Generic, typical been-there-done-that's don't run up $200 used copies or RPG of the generation accolades from gamers.

So why have I never heard of it until now? 

Ignorance?

*rollseyes*

Lulz, thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.