By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2014 NPD Thread! - PS4: 271k, XBO: 141k, WiiU: 49k

Well now, if what I'm reading here is true...these numbers could be VERY interesting...

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

Where does the PS4 number come from ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

It looks like people finally realized that Wii, PS3, and X360 have been out of date technologically and stale for game libraries since 2011 / 2012, and the market has corrected.

The good old "long tail" is finally near it's end for the old systems.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Those numbers are a huge shock to me. Some major adjustments need to happen I think.

WiiU Vita 3ds

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
benji232 said:
WiiU < 55k
Vita < 25k
3ds < 130k

Everything is doomed

benji232 said:
WiiU < 55k
Vita < 25k
3ds < 130k

Vita UNDERTRACKED!!!!

SAVED!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Soleron said:
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

Edit: Oh, and there does seem to be a real lack of the same people who were in the Dec thread talking about how MS was going to easily take the US.  By the time Titanfall (the game that's supposed to push One sale HUGE) comes out, the gap will probably be ~500K+ in the PS4's favor, and that's just in the US.  I doubt that one game is going to push the One to close that kind of gap.

Do you remember how this kind of gap happened in 2007? People were saying it was mathematically impossible for the PS3 to catch up. But it did. No one knows how things will look in SEVEN years.

Xbox One will be recieving basically all third party games no matter how badly it sells. This gives room for exclusives, even if they're in like 2017, to allow it to close a gap.

I think Playstation dominance in Japan and Mainland Europe was never challenged by MS... and even when PS3 was getting beaten at other places it had some strong hold in lots of these markets .. The massive lead MS held in US & UK was erase by Sony leads in lots of smaller market from Japan, to Spain and so on. 

I wander if PS gets lead over XB in USA and UK then from which market help MS will be able to erase it.? Brazil?

Euphoria14 said:
benji232 said:
WiiU < 55k
Vita < 25k
3ds < 130k

Vita UNDERTRACKED!!!!

SAVED!!!

Not really, we only know that it sold less then 25k, not very encouraging lol.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Please, where does this PS4 number come from ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m