By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2014 NPD Thread! - PS4: 271k, XBO: 141k, WiiU: 49k

So what are the Wii U numbers?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

Edit: Oh, and there does seem to be a real lack of the same people who were in the Dec thread talking about how MS was going to easily take the US.  By the time Titanfall (the game that's supposed to push One sale HUGE) comes out, the gap will probably be ~500K+ in the PS4's favor, and that's just in the US.  I doubt that one game is going to push the One to close that kind of gap.

I'll call it right now.  PS4 will outsell the XB1 in March.

whatever said:
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

Edit: Oh, and there does seem to be a real lack of the same people who were in the Dec thread talking about how MS was going to easily take the US.  By the time Titanfall (the game that's supposed to push One sale HUGE) comes out, the gap will probably be ~500K+ in the PS4's favor, and that's just in the US.  I doubt that one game is going to push the One to close that kind of gap.

PS4 will outsell the XBO every month this year barring a surprise price drop from Microsoft. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Soleron said:
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

Do you remember how this kind of gap happened in 2007? People were saying it was mathematically impossible for the PS3 to catch up. But it did. No one knows how things will look in SEVEN years.

Xbox One will be recieving basically all third party games no matter how badly it sells. This gives room for exclusives, even if they're in like 2017, to allow it to close a gap.

There are several problems with that, though.  The PS brand is a much larger brand.  It was able to use its sway in EU and Japan to overcome the 360's lead.  What region is the One selling above the PS4 where it can overcome the gap?  As far as 3rd party goes, it's not like the PS3, where it was behind because it was difficult to program for, but the power was there.  The One isn't that much more difficult to program than the PS4, the power just isn't there.  This means that for the whole gen, if you want the superior version 3rd party games, you need the PS4.  And not saying it will definitely happen this gen, but if past generations are anything to go by, MS will have a few strong years for exclusives, but near the end their support will taper off.

Fusioncode said:
whatever said:
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

PS4 will outsell the XBO every month this year barring a surprise price drop from Microsoft. 

I don't see that happening until next holiday season at the earliest.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
whatever said:
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

but will it ever beat 360s 32 month streak?

Play Me

Those Wedbush numbers are astronomically wrong for both the PS4 and Xone, wow.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

So let me get this straight.

$599 PS3's first January > $499 XBone's first January.

By 100k

Wow.

gigantor21 said:
Those Wedbush numbers are astronomically wrong for both the PS4 and Xone, wow.

Ps4 guess is bad but not that much (around 90k), x1 however o.O They predicted more than double of wat happened!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
So let me get this straight.

$599 PS3's first January > $499 XBone's first January.

By 100k

Wow.

really? wow

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]