By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2014 NPD Thread! - PS4: 271k, XBO: 141k, WiiU: 49k

DonFerrari said:
Soleron said:
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

Edit: Oh, and there does seem to be a real lack of the same people who were in the Dec thread talking about how MS was going to easily take the US.  By the time Titanfall (the game that's supposed to push One sale HUGE) comes out, the gap will probably be ~500K+ in the PS4's favor, and that's just in the US.  I doubt that one game is going to push the One to close that kind of gap.

Do you remember how this kind of gap happened in 2007? People were saying it was mathematically impossible for the PS3 to catch up. But it did. No one knows how things will look in SEVEN years.

Xbox One will be recieving basically all third party games no matter how badly it sells. This gives room for exclusives, even if they're in like 2017, to allow it to close a gap.

The difference is Sony had historic of dominance and support, and even with all shit on launch they still had loyal fans supporting it, don't think MS have the same level of support from fans.

and nor do they have more powerfull hardware to be exploited  and the bigger superior more diverse first party. 

Around the Network

whats all this platforms talk are we talking families as in playstation > xbox > nintendo in US for jan

Above & Beyond

BeElite said:
DonFerrari said:
Soleron said:
thismeintiel said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tagged

I'm it?  Shit.

Edit: Oh, and there does seem to be a real lack of the same people who were in the Dec thread talking about how MS was going to easily take the US.  By the time Titanfall (the game that's supposed to push One sale HUGE) comes out, the gap will probably be ~500K+ in the PS4's favor, and that's just in the US.  I doubt that one game is going to push the One to close that kind of gap.

Do you remember how this kind of gap happened in 2007? People were saying it was mathematically impossible for the PS3 to catch up. But it did. No one knows how things will look in SEVEN years.

Xbox One will be recieving basically all third party games no matter how badly it sells. This gives room for exclusives, even if they're in like 2017, to allow it to close a gap.

The difference is Sony had historic of dominance and support, and even with all shit on launch they still had loyal fans supporting it, don't think MS have the same level of support from fans.

and nor do they have more powerfull hardware to be exploited  and the bigger superior more diverse first party. 

Bubububut they have money to buy the monopoly, they can drop the price to 200 and force Sony out of bussiness... sometimes people think MS think more about pleasing fans than making money.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

3DS is in trouble IMO. People who think Nintendo will push that system for another 3 years are crazy. A successor will be out by late 2015, I'd bet money on it.

DonFerrari said:

It's 1996 all up in this bitch.

Again.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
DonFerrari said:

It's 1996 all up in this bitch.

Again.

I would love for Sony to have another 15 years of dominance... but I would also like that Nintendo keep on bussiness doing their good 1st parties and some silly spin-offs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't know what to put in the title :/

Soundwave said:
3DS is in trouble IMO. People who think Nintendo will push that system for another 3 years are crazy. A successor will be out by late 2015, I'd bet money on it.

Agreed, I'm expecting the next-gen nintendo handheld to se a 2015 holiday release. That would give the 3ds a 5year lifespan which is about what you would expect from a nintendo system.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Boutros said:

PS4 is 284, XBONE is 144.

Boutros said:

I know what you should put in the COMG thread!