By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2014 NPD Thread! - PS4: 271k, XBO: 141k, WiiU: 49k

So Wii U peaked already?

things aren't looking good for Nitty. atleast for now

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
TheSource said:

The numbers are actually 271,000 for PS4 and 142,000 for X1.

Yes yes, I thought that those software ranks on Amazon US were telling when there were a lot more PS4 games than X1 games in the top 100.  VGC has been tracking PS4 & X1 software as nearly tied in US.  There's no way that is right with PS4 hardware almost 2:1 against X1, and PS4 buyers are spending $100 less on the hardware with which they could buy software instead.

Again, there were signs...

On 08 February 2014 ICStats said:

Amazon US - Review counts: PS4 vs XB
Console (all editions): 6898 vs 3509
Battlefield 4: 966 vs 573
COD Ghosts: 462 vs 284
Assassin's Creed IV: 420 vs 133
NBA2K14: 245 vs 126
NFS Rivals: 217 vs 100
FIFA14: 210 vs 101
Madden25: 194 vs 100
Lego Marvel: 164 vs 98
NBA Live 14: 51 vs 29
Tomb Raider - (Standard + Art book ed.): 50 vs 19
Just Dance 2014: 37 vs 57 (Yay XB1 is the ONE!)
Angry Birds: Star Wars: 30 vs 16

On 01 February 2014 ICStats said:

8th gen games in Amazon US top #100 list are telling that PS4 is crushing XB1 even in US.

#15 PS4 Killzone SF
#20 PS4 FIFA14
#30 PS4 Assassins Creed IV
#40 PS4 COD Ghosts
#41 PS4 Battlefield
#49 PS4 Maddedn 25
#53 PS4 Need for Speed Rivals
#58 XB1 Titanfall
#63 PS4 Tomb Raider Def Ed
#65 PS4 NBA 2K14
#71 PS4 MGSV Ground Zeros
#74 PS4 Knack
#86 PS4 Infamous SS
#88 XB1 Madden 25
#99 Wii U The Wonderful 101

My 8th gen collection

Boutros said:
Normchacho said:
Isn't there normally a chart for this kind of thing? As someone who just got here it's really hard to follow what the sales were.

The only official chart is in the OP (for software).

There aren't any official hardware numbers. They come from sources that leak the information mostly through NeoGAF.  And most of those sources only give clues as to what the numbers are so the interpretation of those hints leave to some subjectivity.

As of right now the current numbers are in the title but I'll add them to the OP.

Oh alright, thanks. Any final info for the WiiU?

Edit: Nevermind! I just saw that you have the numbers in the title.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Aerys said:
Please, where does this PS4 number come from ?

The new numbers are from a different source, but she actually said them instead of using a graph.

No way to spin this, PS4 absolutely destroyed XBO this month. Microsoft is going to be making some desperate moves soon.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Of sweet jesus...the Xbox One is in huge trouble. Not just in Europe as it turns out.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

No last gen numbers from NPD? or am I just going blind... :(

--OkeyDokey-- said:
trixiemafia86 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
So let me get this straight.

$599 PS3's first January > $499 XBone's first January.

By 100k

Wow.

really? wow

Yes, PS3 sold 240k in it's first January.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_January_2007

Xbone sales are horrendous. Wii U is dead. PS4 isn't doing well enough to make up for it (though it's still supplied constrained). I'm really worried about the industry.

Interesting looking back on Wii numbers in its first January in the US.  Sitting at a cool 430k.  Even the PS3 at 240k.  When comparing that to this first January for both PS4 and X1, kinda puts things in perspective.  

I might have been more thrilled about these numbers until I saw that and looked back at where gaming was in January 2007.  With last gen sales down so much, you would have expected more gamers to be moving onwards to the new systems... any of the 3 haha.  Like they did in January 2007, but we don't see that replicated in 2014.  Anyone got guesses?

And to further that point, those numbers by the last gen systems in January 2007 were doing well in spite of PS2 still selling well (although the PS3 kinda fizzles out until the price drop).

noname2200 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Guys I'm pretty sure that 57k number is for the wiiu sales LAST January. They were just comparing the three consoles in their first January on shelves

So you're saying it could still be worse!

haha guess you were right on that ..it is worse

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!