By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Rayman Legends a great platformer?...better or worse than NSMBU?

I love platformers, but for some reason I totally forgot about this game last year, now since I didn´t play it, I´m thinking I might as well get it for my PS4..now I´ve seen this game is highly praised.

Anyone here played it?...is the praise justified?...is it a case of if you love platformers, you definitely can´t go wrong with this game?

How does it compare to NSMBU in the fun department?

Around the Network

I loved Rayman Origins more than the NSMB saga, so I think you can't go wrong with Rayman Legends.

The Chest chapters and the final world in Origins were exhilarating.

Legends is better. Mario is not as fun, especially in multiplayer (I play all platformers in multiplayer if possible). Everything in Legends seems more detailed and the game seems larger. The controls are polished but the game is still challenging (online challenges will keep you playing and being challenged if you like it), Mario on the other hand feels like the engine and physics haven't seen much work. Sound, music, animations, etc. the list of Rayman > Mario is long.
Rayman Origins was a tad better than Legends still.

/personal opinion ;)

Wright said:

I loved Rayman Origins more than the NSMB saga, so I think you can't go wrong with Rayman Legends.

The Chest chapters and the final world in Origins were exhilarating.

i agree, as NSMB series is fun, they aren't as good as it should be (SMW on SNES is a different story)

Mario hands down has definitely the top 3D platformers with only a few to rival it! (Banjo Kazooie!!!)

I own both Raymen Legends on the Wii U and SMBU and found Raymen Legends to be funner. The local multiplayer was excellent and it was much more difficult but not DK difficult. But the Wii Gamepad adds quite a bit to the experience.

Around the Network

Rayman Legends is much better than NSMBU. It's simply so charming and creative. I would personally take Rayman Legends over any 2D Mario except Mario World ( I consider Yoshi's Island to be a Yoshi game)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Rayman Legends is very similar to Origins. I love the art style, the music, and how the gameplay flows when you're playing right. The levels are very well designed and you just flow through the level when you time it right. Did I mention the flowing? It's zen. The art style and music are also amazing and make me happy.

I haven't played it, but it seems a lot better.

rayman legends is far better. even better than origins. for me, rayman legends is on the top 5 GOTY.
And the experience is better on wii U, because of murphys stages are made specifically for wii U gamepad.
Nowadays, the only 2 plataformers that are really awesome are rayman and DK.
NSMBU is good indeed.

NSMB DS, Wii, 2, and U were ok games. The problem was that it seemed like no love was put into them, just basic platforming made for the casual gamer. Whereas Rayman Origins and Legends ooze of personality. Gorgeous art style, Braid-style music, new gameplay mechanics, variety of characters, awesome level design (especially the music levels), and multiplayer that works