By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Rayman Legends a great platformer?...better or worse than NSMBU?

Both are great games. But Rayman Legends seems more inspired than New Super Mario Bros U.

Multiplayer is chaotic in either game. On the other side, Rayman Legends really shine on the WiiU where you can use the touchscreen to control Murphy. The game is enjoyable on other platforms, but assuming Murphy controls with a single button is not nearly as fun as controlling him with the Gamepad.

NSMBU doesn´t make such smart use of the touch controls, but at least it has a lot of challenges to test your skills. Rayman Legends has online challenges that change daily or weekly. Cool.

Around the Network

Rayman for me too. I really like NSMB Wii U, it is the best in the series but Rayman just feels fresher and a little more creative. The controls aren't as tight but they are still really good and I never felt as though I was let down by them.

My one other criticism of Rayman is that I didn't find the quality of the level design quite as consistent as NSMB Wii U, while some levels are fantastic, others didn't shine quite as bright.

As a fan of platformers I didn't regret buying either game at full price.

Equal for me. I love all of the NSMB games (except NSMB2) and Rayman Legends was also really fun.
While i like the art style and the ideas of Rayman more, i find NSMB much more fun.
Both great games for me.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Legends is more fun imo, but NSMBU is much longer and has a much higher difficulty end game. I 100%ed Legends in less than a week, still have'nt for NSMBU and at this rate I doubt I ever will cause those last final level and tokens are hard to get!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Origins and Legends are amazing. Legends improves some aspects in level design and bosses. Its visuals and art style are absolutely stunning. But I would recomend you to get it on PS3 (if you have one). The game is already 1080p @ 60fps on PS3, PS4 version is the same with full price.

Besides that, local coop on both Rayman games is completely superb.