By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall wont have bullet penetration

J_Allard said:
FlamingWeazel said:

MAG was one of the best MP shooters last gen, but it was NOT casual friendly and was overly complex with it's leadership structure for squads, commanders.  Unless you think Sales = quality?  Was ambitious and intimidating for the COD crowd.

MAG sucked and there was nothing intimidating about it. The gunplay was recoil free, generic CoD clone type stuff. And no, sales never = quality. I am going by the general concensus. The game was a flop, part of the Zipper Inc one-two punch flop combo that got them shut down this gen.

I respect them for trying something unique (to consoles anyway) but the result was a generic, boring shooter. More players does not = a better game.

Lack of recoil, generic COD clone, boring shooter? Sounds like a certain game about to come out. Something with Titans in it. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Congrats on being like.. the only person on the Internet to defend MAG and call it a complex game. I'll point out your errors as I read them.

1. Never said anything about you mentioning players. You jumped in on a quote to someone else.

2. I never said recoil makes or breaks a game in terms of quality. You said the game was complex and too intimidating for the CoD crowd. I was pointing out the game is no harder to play than CoD. It has little recoil, even the same type of game modes. Unlocks, level ups, XP, etc. A CoD player would feel right at home.

3. Seems you're the one now saying sales = quality.

4. The 256 player mode was no different than Domination or Rush or Demolition in CoD/BF, the only difference is a fuck ton of players on the map. And it was never organized or strategic, it was always a complete clusterfuck of people doing whatever they want. No one on any team ever had to know what each unit was doing.

You're sounding like you are the one who never played MAG. Either way my point remains. Bickering about TF's player count is silly. There are games like MAG with hundreds of players yet was still garbage. There are games like Gears or LoU with less than 12 yet are amazing. It's all about how the game is designed.

Same goes for the subject matter in this thread. Does anyone bitching about lack of bullet penetration know what a Titan's bullets or rockets would do to the gameplay if it were able to chip through walls? No. Respawn does, and they decided it made for an unbalanced game. At least wait and see if they made the right decision.

Fusioncode said:
J_Allard said:
FlamingWeazel said:

MAG was one of the best MP shooters last gen, but it was NOT casual friendly and was overly complex with it's leadership structure for squads, commanders.  Unless you think Sales = quality?  Was ambitious and intimidating for the COD crowd.

MAG sucked and there was nothing intimidating about it. The gunplay was recoil free, generic CoD clone type stuff. And no, sales never = quality. I am going by the general concensus. The game was a flop, part of the Zipper Inc one-two punch flop combo that got them shut down this gen.

I respect them for trying something unique (to consoles anyway) but the result was a generic, boring shooter. More players does not = a better game.

Lack of recoil, generic COD clone, boring shooter? Sounds like a certain game about to come out. Something with Titans in it. 

Difference being I bought MAG day one and you're speaking bitterly of a game you've never played. Hope that helps.

Every game has different game mechanics so that not every game needs something another game has just because it works so good in that game. I always wonder when people open threads like this. Same with the 6vs6 "problem" since it doesn't look like a problem in Titanfall (32vs32 would be a problem in this game) and even games which are only 1vs1 can be good if they are specifically made for this.

It could be very unbalanced if Titans could kill everyone behind walls if they really didn't implement it. They would have to make Titans slower or less agile so that Titans wouldn't totally rape normal soldiers. 

So, I'm pretty sure the reason why it doesn't have it is balancing and nothing else. And if the final game will have it then also because it is better for the balancing. 

its not a big deal for the player, but its a big deal for the hyper...
those little things show tat its just another fps and no next step in fps gaming.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Imaginedvl said:
Can you link a source?
And I do not really know how much with bother or please me honestly... In COD bullet penetration is a good tool to get ride of campers but at the same time it may be annoying while people are spraying through walls for instance...

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3978&p=67958#p67958

Im just not convinced by his logic.

so far it seems not being in a titan is more beneficial than being in a titan.

Someone posted an article here a few months back that was a journalist's first impressions after trying a demo.  The impression I got was pretty much that it was less fun to be in a titan.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

There is a reason for this.

Maps are designed to fit two purposes, Mechs and soldiers. In doors are designed for soldiers while outdoors are designed for mechs. And the last thing you want to happen is for mechs to be able to shoot through walls to kill soldiers helplessly. Yes there is similarities between CoD and titanfall but they in no way play like one another.

As for someone mentioning campers, TF's answer to that is jumping. They said in about every situation you will be vulenerable from about 6 directions thanks to just being able to jump through windows.

The more i hear about this game the less next gen it seems.

Mummelmann said:
Wait, it's only six versus six? What the hell?

That was confirmed a very long time ago. You get an AI team with both sides in games tho so it should be a lot more action going on in games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

FlamingWeazel said:
J_Allard said:
FatedReality said:
Mummelmann said:
Wait, it's only six versus six? What the hell?

Yeah im confused as to why there seems to be more complaints about the bullet penetration rather then the player cap being at 6v6. I dont really care if theres other npc around 6v6 is pretty low.

Not everyone cares about meaningless numbers like player count.

MAG had a mode with 256 players yet the game is still trash.

Or maybe it was trash, idk if Sony has killed off the servers yet.

Well as long as games below 76% on meta can be considered trash as a matter of fact for him then games falling below that will definately be hard to defend in the future for him surely.

As for player count I think Mag and Titanfall are aiming at 2 completely different goals really, I only played MAG up to the 128 player matches and that was just Choas.... great fun but pure choas. Titanfall is going to be far more David Vs Golliath type gameplay I'd say which would be just ruined if you had 30+ players swarming around the Titans, it'd just make it really hard to pick off targets buzzing around your feet from inside the mech. Really looking forwards to seeing its Xbox360 version tbh hoping that will be that systems Swansong if Bluepoint and EA squeeze every drop of juice outta the 360 hardware.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive