By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who Else Thinks a Xbox One Price Cut is coming in March??

They need to do a price drop in EU, or they won't sell alot of them till they do it. Even with Titanfall coming out.
Remember that everybody haves a PC that can play it and it isn't one shooter that will make hardware revenue in EU ~

- Rumours said that in October it will launch the Xbox one without the Kinect for 399€ throught several countries -

Around the Network

i wish but, nah.

i know cboat is full of crap, but he said ms will wait until at least may sales before deciding.

another thing is if you cut too soon, early adopters will be angry, and you will have to compensate them, with some free games at least. I think 6 months is the cutoff which is...mid may, coincidentally.

plus they probably want to see what effect titanfall will have (software never saves hardware sales, so i'm sure it wont).

^they don't have to do anything

what angry customer gonna do??? Go on strike??? Stop playing??? We are not even 5% of the potential user base

and I'm not angry anyway... I'm all for more market share for my console of choice... Because it should mean more 3rd party support...

now I don't think a price cut is necessary, just some bundles with big launch games and other goodies should do the trick for a while... Do one with KSR, one for TF, maybe a live one with 12 months XBL and an extra pad and charger kit

one thing that could be killer is to do XBL plans... Give the XBOX one free with a 2year XBL plan at $/month.. Or get an XBox one for $100 and 2 year xbl plan at $20/months... Now that could work (not sure what would be the perception of such bundle, but I were an Impatient broke student for example, I'd go for it)

endimion said:
^they don't have to do anything

what angry customer gonna do??? Go on strike??? Stop playing??? We are not even 5% of the potential user base

and I'm not angry anyway... I'm all for more market share for my console of choice... Because it should mean more 3rd party support...

now I don't think a price cut is necessary, just some bundles with big launch games and other goodies should do the trick for a while... Do one with KSR, one for TF, maybe a live one with 12 months XBL and an extra pad and charger kit

one thing that could be killer is to do XBL plans... Give the XBOX one free with a 2year XBL plan at $/month.. Or get an XBox one for $100 and 2 year xbl plan at $20/months... Now that could work (not sure what would be the perception of such bundle, but I were an Impatient broke student for example, I'd go for it)

Microsoft wouldn't be able to manufacturer and ship that many consoles, and unless the retailers were getting any paid, they wouldn't do it either so it would have to be out of microsoft stores. They would lose billions of dollars and before XBL could break it even, investors would pull support en masse. In the best case, scenario Xbox would be sold off.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

??? What are you talking about??? It's a smaller discount than giving TF free in the bundle with 1 month of gold... Unless they make more than 20 bucks per game which is not case if the last game price breakdown I saw is still valid this Gen...

and they did something similar with the 360 already....

where I agree though, is that retailers are more likely to be opposed to such deal... Even though I'm pretty sure they almost like MS marging very little on hardware and way more on software...

Around the Network

MS would most likely unbundle Kinect for a $399 SKU before chopping $50 off the price of the current SKU.

MS will more likely continue to release more game bundles (really not sure what would be a system mover after Titanfall other than Halo 5) before chopping $50 off the price of the current SKU.

MS would probably release the XBL only (no optical drive/no retail game) redesigned SKU before as well.

If the market sees a price cut on the current SKU, I'll take that to mean that a redesigned (internally) XB1 will be released soon, making the price cut an inventory clearing sale until the cheaper, replacement hardware unit can be brought to market.

I don't know why MS would take losses on the current units if they're trying to chase additional marketshare percentages without any additional new killer apps to support the platform.

giving the console away is a $500 dollar loss right there, not to mention that retailers make guaranteed profit from console sales, while giving away a console doesn't ensure that they will get software sales for it, especially with the push to digital distribution, If you pay a 2 year subscription with that, thats 90$ at full retail, but thats already 2 years after the purchase, before one would need to pay again.

Lets say they do this with 500,000 xboxes ones which they probably already have out in retailers.
thats about 480$ of loss per console, so they would lose 205 million. Furthermore, with XBL it would take 9 years to recoup that loss alone. Meanwhile, Microsoft would have to manufacturer more consoles to meet demand and then those consoles would add to the ever increasing debt.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

No it's not 25X24months is 600 bucks.... 100+20X24 is 580 bucks They don't give anything away beside a 20/40 bucks discount and the compounded interest they could have made on the full lump cashed in at sale... And that's when paying live yearly sub full price which nobody does... And not counting the number of games they sell and everything else...

you didn't read my initial post....

But yeah beside that miss understanding on the plan pricing scheme...I also do believe the obstacle are retailers....

that being said it would work rather welll since even you were under the impression that you were getting for free a 500 bucks console lol :)

Blood_Tears said:
The idea of a system selling type of game (Titanfall) is that you don't have to cut price. You never pull the trigger on both a AAA system seller and a price cut, then there's nothing to do during the holidays if you lose momentum. I certainly wouldn't want Toastboy running my business..

agreed. U launch the triple a, see what happens then consider alternatives