By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who Else Thinks a Xbox One Price Cut is coming in March??

endimion said:
No it's not 25X24months is 600 bucks.... 100+20X24 is 580 bucks They don't give anything away beside a 20/40 bucks discount and the compounded interest they could have made on the full lump cashed in at sale... And that's when paying live yearly sub full price which nobody does... And not counting the number of games they sell and everything else...

you didn't read my initial post....

I read your first post it just wasn't clear what you meant.

you said: Give the XBOX one free with a 2year XBL plan at $/month.. Or get an XBox one for $100 and 2 year xbl plan at $20/months. You never specified that this would be an additional price, plus I have no idea were you got 25$ a month from when MS sells 1 year xbl for 60$. Do you see why I was confused.

What you shouldv've specified is a simple payment plan.

Going from your more specific post, its a good idea in theory, but in practice it would be a nightmare in logistics. They would also still take a huge initial loss that would only be recouped about 20 months in for both plans. Not only would microsoft hit the supply problem that Sony is facing, but they would be dumping money manufacturing and shipping the xb1 with losses that dwarf the initial ps3.And buy the time those intial xb1s are payed off, they would've accrued a huge amount of debt.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I think they will cut by $100 in the fall. Maybe a redesign next year to help cut cost.

DJEVOLVE said:
I think they will cut by $100 in the fall. Maybe a redesign next year to help cut cost.

The most expensive things in the XB1 are the APU (110 according to IHS) followed by the Kinect (75 according to IHS)

since both are "mandatory", they're isn't much they can do, with the exception of reducing manufacturing costs which would take a lot longer than fall. Removing the disc drive, would piss of retailers, but they would make a lot of money from software.

Reducing the drive size, could work but the backlash would definetly be noticable.

Honestly, if they cut this year, I doubt it would be because they're manfacturing it for less, and that they just are taking a loss to increase userbase.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DJEVOLVE said:

The most expensive things in the XB1 are the APU (110 according to IHS) followed by the Kinect (75 according to IHS)

since both are "mandatory", they're isn't much they can do, with the exception of reducing manufacturing costs which would take a lot longer than fall. Removing the disc drive, would piss of retailers, but they would make a lot of money from software.

Reducing the drive size, could work but the backlash would definetly be noticable.

Honestly, if they cut this year, I doubt it would be because they're manfacturing it for less, and that they just are taking a loss to increase userbase.

I still think they will cut cost even if they are taken some loses. This will be made up in XBox Live accounts and people buying games. I think it's worth the market share of the future. Thats where they will make their money anyway and PS4 has no reason to drop price for a long time, nor will they.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
endimion said:
No it's not 25X24months is 600 bucks.... 100+20X24 is 580 bucks They don't give anything away beside a 20/40 bucks discount and the compounded interest they could have made on the full lump cashed in at sale... And that's when paying live yearly sub full price which nobody does... And not counting the number of games they sell and everything else...

you didn't read my initial post....

I read your first post it just wasn't clear what you meant.

you said: Give the XBOX one free with a 2year XBL plan at $/month.. Or get an XBox one for $100 and 2 year xbl plan at $20/months. You never specified that this would be an additional price, plus I have no idea were you got 25$ a month from when MS sells 1 year xbl for 60$. Do you see why I was confused.

What you shouldv've specified is a simple payment plan.

Going from your more specific post, its a good idea in theory, but in practice it would be a nightmare in logistics. They would also still take a huge initial loss that would only be recouped about 20 months in for both plans. Not only would microsoft hit the supply problem that Sony is facing, but they would be dumping money manufacturing and shipping the xb1 with losses that dwarf the initial ps3.And buy the time those intial xb1s are payed off, they would've accrued a huge amount of debt.

they apparently studied the case with the 360 http://www.bing.com/search?q=Xbox+360+for+$99+with+Monthly+Payment+Plan&src=IE-TopResult&FORM=IE11TR&conversationid=.... you get the HW right now "free" and then you pay a premium every month... I know me and my friends when I was younger and had less money  would have jumped on the oportunity back then if we didn't have one already

I have no clue if they did it or not since I had already the 360 by then

well debt is not the issue for MS for the long run at least not as much as other company especially if they can recoup that loss by fidelizing people early with XBL subs and people would buy games after that too.. to that you add ad revenue on a bigger instal base etc etc... beside supply and retail I don't think there would be any obstacle to that on MS part if they wanted to even more if they needed to....

we'll see it's an option I think they'll consider again this gen

Around the Network

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/23/microsoft-expands-99-xbox-program

well apparently they did it with 360... I wasn't sure anymore you did put some doubt in my mind lol :D

Debt is more of a problem for investors, then Microsoft. Especially in the U.S.

March is to soon. E 3 ms will drop the price thn Sony will but it won't help

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

^dropping price always help, in pretty much any business....

and Sony won't drop its price for a long while, they have no interest in doing so... Maybe in q2 2015 or q4..... Not before... Why cut revenue and profit when you don't have to??? It would be silly and it's not like Sony doesn't need a wealthy stream of profit...

coolguy said:
March is to soon. E 3 ms will drop the price thn Sony will but it won't help

Theres is no chance Sony will cut price anytime soon, there gonna ride this cash cow as long as they can, holiday 2015 at the earliest, unless theres some horrific X1 Wii U style drop off at some point. 

OT quite surprised how many MS Fans were so against there being  aprice drop before September, it was obviously coming and soon because retailers were already doing some discounts, unless were not counting UK now?