By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who Else Thinks a Xbox One Price Cut is coming in March??

I'm calling a $100 price cut in the fall if sales don't pick up. They know that it's to expensive. They wanted to pack in Kinect and stick with it, so the cut is the only option if sales do not pick up by that time.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Too_Talls said:
not going to happen, 3 1/2 months after release? unheard of.

Yeah, probably not going to happen. The earliest price drop I know of is the original Xbox $100 price drop in May, just 6 months after release. N64 also had a price drop after 6 months, but only a $50 price drop. 

Both those were in reaction to price cuts made by Sony who had been on the market longer with PS2 and PS1 respectively.  

The $100 PS2 price cut made by Sony was a particularly aggresive move that ensured it's dominance.

Retailers:

Maybe

Microsoft:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

toastboy44562 said:
looks like I was right...

no non TF bundles will still sell for 500 in us

Play Me

The end times a comin'.

Can't we all just get along.If not for yourself, do it for the future.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
lol at Sony fans arguing against a price drop. Gee, I wonder why.

im a Sony fan and im arguing FOR a price drop. I dont know what thread you are looking at but most of the people agaisnt the price drop are pro MS

Ooops! I thought this was a new thread. Don't mind me.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I think it is a bitch move to cut so quickly after the console launch. Wait until the later half the year, so you can at least disguise it as a holiday discount to the uninformed consumers

If you think Microsoft will price drop before this March ends, you clearly don't know Microsoft and Xbox. I''ll take the bet, no world wide official price drop by Microsoft this month. Just because PS4 is doing exceptional doesn't mean the Xb One is faltering especially considering all the bad pr.
Seriously, XB 1 has sold about 1 mil a month, 3 1/2 months for about 3.5 sales (VGC sales)
And even if the PS4 has nearly doubled that,
the wii u has done about 6 mil in 15 months, about 400k a month and even that didn't have a price drop till like 8 months in.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Idk if I was MS I would wait at least until 2 months after Titanfall comes out so they can really get an idea of how things are stacking up, and so the Titanfall buyers don't get completely snubbed...