By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Around 60% of PS4 Owners Also Have a PS Vita

WagnerPaiva said:
Mnementh said:
fleischr said:
Off topic, but I wonder how many WiiU owners also have 3DS?

Probably also around 2/3, but surely not one in three 3DS-owners has a WiiU (obviously). So while the percentage of Vita-owners also owning a PS4 will increase, but the number for PS4-owners that also own a Vita will strongly decrease, I assume it will be other way around for 3DS and WiiU. You can see which system of each manufacturer is successful and which not.

I think that more than that, like 90% of them, you gotta be a pretty hardcore Nintendo fan to own a WiiU.

90% seem subjectively a bit high, but it is possible and I have no facts against that assumption. So it may be well the case.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Considering a very small % of that set have actually used the PSV/PS4 cross play, all this tells you is that the largest segment of people buying PS4s currently are PlayStation diehard fans.

When PS4 reaches 50m, that's when this % will be either interesting as an argument to what actually saved Vita. However, I think the % will drop like a rock over time as Vita remains a low selling system.

kowenicki said:
what does this tell us?

thats a VERY interesting stat imo.

It tells me 3 things..

1. Alot of ps4 sale until now is to hardcore ps players

2. They had not convertet that many xbox/wii owners

3. Ps4 can loose some momentum fast.. becurse it's clear that "vita crowd" are not that big