By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft explains why it delayed Watch Dogs on Wii U

WiiU Version delayed ...

July 67 14.32%

August 29 6.20%

September 44 9.40%

October 17 3.63%

November 24 5.13%

December 6 1.28%

2015 21 4.49%

2016 10 2.14%

2090 249 53.21%

Total:467
M.U.G.E.N said:
d21lewis said:
So be it. Maybe it was a shitty port but then they realized I was excited about it and decided to improve it because they like me.....or cancel it because they hate me.

Maybe it's a bad game and they spared you because they LOVE you! 

Don't be silly.

Nobody loves me.  :'-(

Around the Network

I don't think is such a bad choice, depending in how long is going to be delayed, if it is 1 month and they put something small as an extra to compensate it could be a nice thing, like... delay it but give us all the store exclusive content on the Wii U edition, that should be little to no effort (the content is already created anyway) and if the delay is not long it could help that version.

I'm not surprised really. Ubisoft needs to release Watch Dogs ASAP and if necessary they'll reallocate resources to the versions they think will generate the most money.

d21lewis said:

Don't be silly.

Nobody loves me.  :'-(

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Soundwave said:

I get the feeling honestly Ubi Soft really doesn't want to make a Wii U version, but since they already commited to it, they don't want to look bad to Nintendo because they sell a good number of Just Dance games on the platform (at least the original Wii anyway).

I don't think they really give two craps about getting an extra 30,000 in sales from a Wii U version though. That's the last thing on their mind. 

I love when people do zero research.

Wii U userbase is currently about 5.5m.

Here are the 10 games Ubisoft has released.

ZombiU has sold to over 10% of the userbase. That is excellent.

The next four titles have sold to about 5%... also very good.

The rest are from games taht overall are not very big sellers anywhere beyond AC4:BF... but that lost sales on all consoles compared to its previous iteration. (12m to 7m) Largely because most consider it a declining title... its dying off.

WD had a lot of hype. Should sell well across all consoles and will likely be in the ZombiU range of 8-10% sell through on WiiU. Definitely well above the 30k that you think games sell at for some reason.... even if the lowest two Ubi games actually sold more than that so far.

Around the Network

This sucks, it really sucks.

czecherychestnut said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=rayman+legends&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Would disagree with you, though it is the closest a Wii u has got to being the best seller, that doesn't avoid the fact that by making it multi plat they tripled its sales. Do you think it could have sold 0.9 million if it has stayed exclusive to the Wii u, despite zombieu doing only 600k which wasn't profitable for ubi?

lol sorry didn't realize it recently got passed by one other console...

Assasains Creed Black Flag sold FAR MORE on PS4 and XB1 compared to Wii U even though they had a lower user base- Ubi has plenty of evidence that sales will be far lower on the Wii U no matter when they release it- it is a simple business decision-

Nintenod needs to step up and defend its console- but they have not- A year ago Iwata said the Wii U userbase needed to be larger and evidence of successful 3rd party sales needed to exisit before 3fd paryies would develop for the Wii U on a regular basis- Neither of those things have happened yet

Obviously Nintendo feels the same way as Ubi and other 3rd parties (that their games won t sell on the Wii u) otherwise Nintendo could offer sales gurantees or min revenue in order to keep these games on its system and to help blster confidence in the system- everytime a good game like Watchdogs Is delayed or cancelled on the wi U it further illustrates that the Wi U is a 1st/2nd party console only - at the rate Nintendo is putting put out games for the Wii U - there is no hurry for anyone to go buy one today- I dobt we will see a bump in sales untl the next good game comes out on it which may be Mario Kart in May (and possible a few stragglers buying for DKTF in a week or 2)

superchunk said:
Soundwave said:

I get the feeling honestly Ubi Soft really doesn't want to make a Wii U version, but since they already commited to it, they don't want to look bad to Nintendo because they sell a good number of Just Dance games on the platform (at least the original Wii anyway).

I don't think they really give two craps about getting an extra 30,000 in sales from a Wii U version though. That's the last thing on their mind. 

I love when people do zero research.

Wii U userbase is currently about 5.5m.

Here are the 10 games Ubisoft has released.

ZombiU has sold to over 10% of the userbase. That is excellent.

The next four titles have sold to about 5%... also very good.

The rest are from games taht overall are not very big sellers anywhere beyond AC4:BF... but that lost sales on all consoles compared to its previous iteration. (12m to 7m) Largely because most consider it a declining title... its dying off.

WD had a lot of hype. Should sell well across all consoles and will likely be in the ZombiU range of 8-10% sell through on WiiU. Definitely well above the 30k that you think games sell at for some reason.... even if the lowest two Ubi games actually sold more than that so far.

It's not gonna sell like Zombi U. That game was pushed fairly heavily for the Wii U launch window and even bundled with the system for a while.

Take a good hard look at those Assassin's Creed IV sales and start counting down from there. 

Good move on Ubisoft's part, they are fully prepared for the game to sell poorly and make little to no money so it would make more sense just to make a budget port that gets released late.