By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft explains why it delayed Watch Dogs on Wii U

WiiU Version delayed ...

July 67 14.32%

August 29 6.20%

September 44 9.40%

October 17 3.63%

November 24 5.13%

December 6 1.28%

2015 21 4.49%

2016 10 2.14%

2090 249 53.21%

Total:467
snyps said:
Spintercell Wii U rises from the bargain bib to exact revenge on Nintendo fans. We got what wedeserved on this one.

True, can't argue with that.

Around the Network

Wii-U gamers are only buying 1st party titles.....

No 3rd party is willing to waist millions on resources that go to waste with low sales of their game....

Wii-U gamers, put more support int 3rd party titles. Maybe then they will put more interest in YOU.

sabastian said:
Wii-U gamers are only buying 1st party titles.....

No 3rd party is willing to waist millions on resources that go to waste with low sales of their game....

Wii-U gamers, put more support int 3rd party titles. Maybe then they will put more interest in YOU.

I give the ones who offer quality products plenty of support.

It will sell horribly now.... Sigh. Wtf is going on with Nitendo and 3rd parties?

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

DevilRising said:

It isn't the "working evironment". It's the moneyhat.

and? so what? His point is the other two are trying and Ninty isnt, its that simple. You can call it what you want.

Around the Network

I wanted this to release day and date of the others, just so i could see what excuses Ninty fans would have came up with when the game would underperform and be the worst selling version.

Maybe they delayed it because they wanted to really utilize the touchpad? I hope they do at this point, hell they are going to HAVE to.

Oh and the whole userbase argument that Superchunk and others swear by is foolish and has always been foolish. Especially when the PS4 and xbone one versions of multiplats sold WAY better than the WIi U ones. If you think those are good sales then the PS4 one ones must be astronamical.

oniyide said:
I wanted this to release day and date of the others, just so i could see what excuses Ninty fans would have came up with when the game would underperform and be the worst selling version.

Maybe they delayed it because they wanted to really utilize the touchpad? I hope they do at this point, hell they are going to HAVE to.

Oh and the whole userbase argument that Superchunk and others swear by is foolish and has always been foolish. Especially when the PS4 and xbone one versions of multiplats sold WAY better than the WIi U ones. If you think those are good sales then the PS4 one ones must be astronamical.

That is why i am disspointed. I wanted to see if other Wii U owners put their money where their muth is. Now they will jsut say delayed no pay.

EDIT: I will be more dissapointed if it gets cancelled cause I preordered the vigilante edition knowing that originally the game was comign to next gen then PS360. Now I can't even switch to the same version as they all sold out.

So sent to die?

Sigh.....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

burninmylight said:
d21lewis said:
I just want to say that Assassins Creed 4 has been out for four months.....to whom it may concern.

I'm thinking about buying it, but I need to see some reviews and get some opinions. Is it better than AC3, and how much better? Because I'm playing through AC3 right now, and I can't stop thinking of how I'm so glad I only paid $20 for this glitchfest that took trudging through the first 6-7 hours to get to anything resembling fun.

AC games are always worth buying I find, but NEVER right away.  Just wait a few months or half a year and get it for $20-25.  I mean its not like there is a reason to get it right away like a FPS game for online reasons.  You will enjoy AC4 the day of release or 3 years later the same, unless your the few that play its online feature.  

I bought AC4 right away though just cause I'm a huge Pirate fan, otherwise I would have waited.  

Though like most Wii U games I was very hesitant buying the game and almost bought it for another system or waited due to one reason.  Companies seem to go out of their way to try and make it seem like the Wii U doesn't exist.  They never talk about it, don't mention if DLC, ect coming for it.  Whether their season pass things work for it, and so on.  Then even reviewers, you don't seem to ever see reviews or any mention of a hand's on, preview ect for the Wii U.  Sometimes they have a good excuse by saying "the developer never sent us a Wii U version" But then again that comes back to the company again.  Seriously how do you expect us consumers to buy your product when you give us zero confidence in it.

I took a risk and bought AC4 and luckily it was good, no glitches and ran smooth from what I could tell.  The gamepad wasn't anything revolutionary, but it was a handy map to glance down at and not have to push pause all the time to check the map on teh screen for the next collectable or whatever.  

But seriously its the same with this Watch Dogs game.  It seems no matter how hard we try whether twitter or asking questions ect we can never get any gameplay footage or see someone actually playing the Wii U version, or them to even talk about it.  The best we get is a logo of the Wii U when it shows what systems its coming out for.  

I'm done buying any game but Nintendo's first party at release date anyway these days though.  Their value doesn't stay up.  Why would I pay $60 for a game when I can buy it in a couple months for half that.  Nintendo's I buy whenever i feel like it cause their games seem to always stay at $60, the only game I've seen that has ever not been is Wonderful 101.  That's like most all 3rd party games at half price.  

It is amazing how third parties keep damaging their own brands with Nintendo owners, and then act surprised when it comes to bite them in the ass. "But we make good games on other platforms!" just doesn't cut it. There is no trust there that they will actually make good games, with all features included, and on time for Nintendo consoles.

To Nintendo owners, the Dead Space IP is nothing but a shitty rail shooter.
To Nintendo owners, Take-Two is that shitty Carnival Games developer.
To Nintendo owners, Ubisoft delay games for no good reason.

I'm sure you can come up with more of your own.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)