By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft explains why it delayed Watch Dogs on Wii U

WiiU Version delayed ...

July 67 14.32%

August 29 6.20%

September 44 9.40%

October 17 3.63%

November 24 5.13%

December 6 1.28%

2015 21 4.49%

2016 10 2.14%

2090 249 53.21%

Total:467

This doesn't make sense. The PS360 versions are still coming alonside next gen version, right ?

Around the Network

I really don't even know what to think anymore. It was a week 1 purchase for me for the Wii U. Now I hope the reviews are favorable, otherwise I won't even think twice about it. Ubisoft has just left a bad taste in my mouth again.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Arcturus said:
pezus said:
Oh damn. Now we'll never know how a WiiU version of a multiplat can sell in comparison to the other versions with all things equal :(

Check out the sales data for Assassin's Creed 4. The answer is, not so good.

apples and oranges. one is an established franchise on other platofrms this is a new franchise which had a 1% chance of establishing itself  on a Nintendo system.

Instead of delaying this, they should've just let it slip from people's memories. Would've been a nicer way to let it go.

Iwata is not pleased.

Blood_Tears said:
People really need to get over Rayman Legends. The difference with that was that it was an exclusive that was delayed to make multiplat because the Wii U's install base was not high enough. Also that was the smart thing to do as the PS3 sku was the top selling version.

This is a whole different beast altogether as this game is multiplat and the install base for Wii U is not much higher than it was when they announced the Rayman delay to begin with. Between the AC games, ZombieU which was not profitable and had it's sequel canned to Rayman sales, it's no wonder the Watch Dogs Wii U delay happened. People need to vote with their wallet instead of bitching about a Rayman game from last year.

But if it was an exclusive it could have sold better. Who knows can't argue either way.

I thought they delayed it because of the iron clad contracts Micrososft has a bout multiplatforms must be released at the same time or better content provided if later. 

If that is indeed true then it jsut shows Nintendo doesn't have such measures in place in their contracts which only disadvantages them. However I doubt any third party would sign a Nintendo contract with that condition put in place.

Around the Network
venepe said:
I can't blame Ubisoft for this one. They gave Wii U a fair chance (unlike EA). I blame Nintendo, because it's responsible to create a healthy install base for developers.

it isn't nintendo's responsibility to create the userbase for 3rd party genres because if they do who needs 3rd party games if you are satisfied with the 1st party ones?

Also how do you think Sony and Micrososft got their userbase? from 3rd party games mainly. They bend over backwards to get the 3rd party support. That is the issue here. Nintendo needs to provide a working environment that 3rd party will be happy with, plus moneyhat.

It isn't the "working evironment". It's the moneyhat.

DerNebel said:
leo-j said:
Crazy that the PS3 and 360 versions are coming earlier

Why?

because developement of it started long before ps3/360. At the same time as PS4/xbox one.

Sabotage? Yep...Sabotage

Spintercell Wii U rises from the bargain bib to exact revenge on Nintendo fans. We got what wedeserved on this one.