By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Real world criticism for talking about gaming.

The average person watches and talks about TV shows, not video games. You're a loser because you're don't conform and are different.

Around the Network

Working as a web programmer, I really don't have this problem. During our lunch breaks, some guys play Minecraft, some play World of Warcraft and others (me included) play League of Legends.

Signature goes here!

On the rare occasion in which this happens, I proceed to completely ignore the offending statement and carry on with my life.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Bias. There are everywhere and will never disappear. I think a lot of people met people like this (me too) because when the people think there is a minority they attack it and there is a growing number of gamers but it is not enough to stop this thinking and I am not talking about the videgame opponents. These guys are really crazy...

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Your co-worker is a cunt.

A lot of people who look down on gamers are the very same that spend hours every week watching programs like Paradise Hotel, listen to glossy, plastic pop music and constantly get swayed into purchasing insanely expensive clothes and accessories. Being a nerd isn't a bad thing, in my opinion.

Around the Network

There's a simple answer to give to anyone who openly judges and criticizes you for hobbies you enjoy.

"Fuck Off"

That is all.

Growing up got called nerd all the time for talking about SNES and Genesis, or worse yet bringing a GameBoy to school. Definitely a stigma back in the 90s as a kid.

In friend circles never an issue, sometimes someone's significant other groans because they do not care for games. I think have accepting group and we all know we have interests that others view as bit of a waste.

At work it only comes up when people needs help understanding what game their child wants. Have had to explain difference between Wii, Xbox and PlayStation many times. Even more fun this past holiday as six systems to confuse them. No one is mean spirited about my interest, but I know get a raised eyebrow when asked what I did last night and say "played on the PlayStation with my wife" instead of watching television which is big thing among 40+ crowd.

If I was you, I would have responded with the same thing except I would have  replaced " video games" with " fantasy sport teams". I wonder with what stupid shit he would have responded with.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

was never really called a nerd; being 6'5" 300+ kinda helped :p

I would been like "Want me to show you what this loser can do?" >:)

Your co-worker sounds like he is very insecure about himself and his own image to say something pointless and negative like that for no reason.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE