By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Real world criticism for talking about gaming.

Eh, people will always criticize or judge you no matter what you do.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Yes, I got called nerd a lot in school. Football was the cool thing those days and I absolutely hated that sport! It bothered me at first but the more you grow up the less you care about what people think about you!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

veritaz said:

You should have asked him the same thing about his fantasy sport teams. Do it for everything he ever says or does. How could you talk about TV, don't you think it makes you look like a sad loser?

I absolutely throw it back at him. He talks to people about his teams, they are usually in a league together. He also watches a ton of hockey games, even when it isn't his team playing. So he spends a ton of his free time watching sports and handling fantasy sports teams.

Somehow that is alright but god forbid you like to spend that time gaming instead...

I tell him that he is a loser.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

If my co worker called me sad and a loser over video games I would have more than a few words for him.

Him saying that shows he is sensitive/insecure about what other people think of him.

i think ppl who gamble are sad losers. but 'if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad'.

Around the Network

"Anyways, afterwards my coworker who sits behind me in the office asks me "How could you honestly just sit there and talk the whole time abou video games? Don't you think it makes you look sad and like a loser?"

I would have asked him if you appeared sad, and what his/her definition of loser was?

Some people use the wrong terminology at times, and they feel uncomfortable when questioning their logic, but if the logic is sound and a discussion occurs, you will have had a good conversation where you can learn more about yourself and your peers.

Sounds to me like that guy has no respect for you, and video games were just an excuse to say that to you.

He was probably just jealous he couldn't take part in the conversation. I'm 20 so talking and discussing about video games with the other lads at my age is quite popular, we even set up online fifa/cod tournaments and discuss GTA V online stuff in front of the whole crew.

Maybe it's just my area but discussing video games here doesn't equal being a "geek" some of the so called thugs were in line to buy GTA V on its midnight launch :L

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

You lost an opportunity to stab him in the face, but not doing anthing might have been the right thing to do, who knows

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

We already had a few LAN parties at work so....no^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.