By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Real world criticism for talking about gaming.

I wouldve punched him in the face and ask him who da loser now?

But seriously, I would've asked him why it would make me look like a loser and then if he wants to go to the age old discussion about "gaming is/is not for nerds" I would tell him that gaming is mainstream now, stop living in da 90s and then go in the offense and talk about how talking about fantasy sports team is so dumb and that he should do sport himself instead of fantasizing about it. BOOOOOM

Around the Network

During my lunch break I decided to invite (3) other people over to my desk and we spent the entire lunch talking about video games, just so he could listen.

Afterwards I looked back towards his desk and said "Sorry bro, we were going to talk about our fantasy teams and our draft parties but we didn't want to look like a bunch of nerdy losers."

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Euphoria14 said:
During my lunch break I decided to invite (3) other people over to my desk and we spent the entire lunch talking about video games, just so he could listen.

Afterwards I looked back towards his desk and said "Sorry bro, we were going to talk about our fantasy teams and our draft parties but we didn't want to look like a bunch of nerdy losers."

what was his reaction?

"So, it seems I've hit a soft spot huh?"

He gets a real kick out of trying to annoy me. So I told him that I pity him.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Lol, I get this a lot. Especially from people in my class.

Always when we're on PC's I check VGChartz and Bloomberg/Stocktwits to see what's up.
Somehow they think it's weird or whatever they think of it.

Meanwhile they have to check FB or whatever every hour, which in my point of view I couldn't care less about.
But I don't bitch about that.

But oh well, double standards are everywhere I guess.

lets be honest.. our gaming hobby isn't the first thing we say to a girl on a first date.. not even at the third one if we manage to get that far..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I avoid this problem by making sure all my friends like video games. We don't talk to "other peoples".

Very rarely, but it has happened to me. I almost always bring video games into a first conversation with people when I meet them, if only to gauge their own interest or lack of in the subject. If it isn't there, I never push it, but I always like to have my interests in the open, and when I do that, people don't really seem to mind, even if they want nothing to do with video games, if I do like them.

Hmm

Those kind of things used to happen a lot when I was in high school, but not anymore.

Fortunately video games have become a lot more mainstream than it has when I was a kid. Sorry that happened to you though. Your co-worker is just being a grade A asshole.

"Some people just want the world to burn".

But seriously, people that can only talk about 1 and only 1 subject are very annoying imo, doesn't really matter if it's games or not.