By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tropical Freeze is massive

If I heard it right, all the objects in the game including the environment and background are 3D objects so I guess if you're really good at hacking you can change the game camera into a third person perspective instead of 2D view, and the level would actually look like a 3D platformer game.

And as mentioned earlier, uncompressed audio can take up a lot bytes, too.

Around the Network

Or maybe Retro just isn't as focused on being "efficient" as a lot of Nintendo's Japanese studios are? I think Nintendo's focus on digital has resulted in a lot of their studios making it a top priority to keep sizes down. Retro probably wasn't worried about that and as others have pointed out, between audio files and unique textures, that's likely the bulk of your 11GB right there. Not saying it won't be a fantastic game, but I certainly wouldn't go in expecting 9x as much content as Super Mario 3D World.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Wow, big file size for sure. Although this is retail game in my opinion.

Jungle still massive in 2014 confirmed.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

random15 said:
Damn it has got to be Cranky Kong.

"Back in my day, we didn't have any of these fancy Gigabytes! I did perfetly fine with under 50 KB!"

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
F0X said:

Man, Retro is so lazy. It took them three years to make a 2D game that's nine times larger than 3D World.

I know right? I was expecting a game that is at least 20 times bigger than 3D World! Retro has to get their shit together or I will stop buying their games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I thought this was said a while ago

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Looks like I will be getting the retail version

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

spurgeonryan said:
This uncompressed thing. What is the difference?

Have you ever used WinRar or 7zip? Before you extract the file, that's what's called a compressed file. When you extract those files, it is uncompressed. Compressed files are smaller in size.

This isn't exactly the same as what developers do with game files, but you get the idea.

Nintendo and PC gamer

we all know that.you dont need to proove it