By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Future of Sony? 1.1 Billion dollar loss.

Snake...Snake....SNAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!

Around the Network

That lost is mostly due to the Pc division which they are now chopping because the tvs are actually not pushing a big lost anymore, And ofcourse they do make alot of revenue tho profit is what they can use for other things that lost just means they can't buy anything right now, some of the losses could also be buying out the factories and what not, so i think they expected to turn that loss after doing that and then the 5000 workers fired is a little compared to 168 or so thousand and itll probably make them save alot!

No it isn't lol ps4 gaines a profit the reason they said loss is becuase it is only $5 or so over what they pay to make it!

Jared19 said:

No it isn't lol ps4 gaines a profit the reason they said loss is becuase it is only $5 or so over what they pay to make it!

According to this site http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/06/idUS300650745820140206 

PS4 actually didn't "gain a profit."  

Its Playstation 4 gaming console is on pace to beat sales expectations of 5 million units by the end of March. But this latest iteration of the popular Playstation was so expensive to develop that it will take two years to break even on the console, Sony said.

They should sell Spiderman back to Marvel/disney. I bet its worth a couple billion at least,

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

Once Nintendo acquire them they'll be doing better

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Jared19 said:

That lost is mostly due to the Pc division which they are now chopping because the tvs are actually not pushing a big lost anymore, And ofcourse they do make alot of revenue tho profit is what they can use for other things that lost just means they can't buy anything right now, some of the losses could also be buying out the factories and what not, so i think they expected to turn that loss after doing that and then the 5000 workers fired is a little compared to 168 or so thousand and itll probably make them save alot!

Really? I thought the TV division was the biggest bleeder, doesn't it have like 10 yrs straight of none profitability that cost them like $7-10 billion dollars or so? (I can't really remember the exact numbers, I have memory deficiency when I'm sleepy. lol!)

Another thing to worry about is once they start to sell off divisions how many people will jump ship (investors/stock holders) which in turn would hurt the company even more.

CodeJerry said:
Didn't microsoft lose about this much? in tablets alone? Why is this such a 'huge' deal.

oh if microsoft or nintendo lose $50 dollars it is a big thing in VGchartz.... they will be doom as fuck... but since this is sony.... it is not a huge deal... it is only 1.1 billion dollars i mean their assets is worth 151 billion so it is like nothing...

that is barely half of their operating income from 2013

There just cutting the fat. Did everyone forget Kaz plan back in 2012 of what Sony is going to be.

"The consumer electronics giant today announced its "One Sony" business structure, which it says is designed to "establish rapid and optimized decision-making processes." Part of the plan involves installing executives to lead certain divisions, while another will shift the company's focus to "three core pillars" -- digital imaging, gaming, and the mobile market"

1.1 billion is bad but the future is set to be profitable again, it just takes time. Sony even just bought a Nintendo chip factory.