By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Future of Sony? 1.1 Billion dollar loss.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

People who want to spell doom doesn't care about facts or logic they just want to bash while being on topic so they aren't called trolls... But you know, sony bad news is always covered and good news exposed and spread, so this is certainly a good new.

sadly you are right. I mean fan goggles aside..as a student I find these situations very interesting. Not every day a large corporation goes through so much change. Kaz is basicaly doing some house cleaning now..long over due stuff

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I always wondered why they're products (TVs, cameras etc) were always so much more expensive than their competitors.

Roma said:
who was it that said they would be bankrupt in two years (yes some % stuff that I don't remember but it was a high number)

btw guys Sony loses billions all the time so they are used to it and they will be fine. is tis even thread worthy?

Macroaxis, 78%.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sony-has-78-chance-to-go-bankrupt-in-two-years-says-macroaxis/

M.U.G.E.N said:
DonFerrari said:

People who want to spell doom doesn't care about facts or logic they just want to bash while being on topic so they aren't called trolls... But you know, sony bad news is always covered and good news exposed and spread, so this is certainly a good new.

sadly you are right. I mean fan goggles aside..as a student I find these situations very interesting. Not every day a large corporation goes through so much change. Kaz is basicaly doing some house cleaning now..long over due stuff

Maybe a decade overdue... what is even crazier is to be taking loss selling for so much more, and people seem to pretend to not see that is related to quality and cost to produce in Japan... but if I were in Kaz shoes, I would keep Bravia just for really top end and high margin on Japan and shift all other models to produce on china and not brand them Bravia, do we have word of what this spin-off will be?? And the Vaio they could dish it, and maybe go alienware route, reallly top notch desktop and gaming notebook with a "Playstation PC" brand. Not sure it would work, but who knows.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

What a trick Samsung pulled on Sony. Amazing.

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:

Interesting. Sony's recent value nosedive mirrors Nokia's, albiet their starting position was far lower than Nokia's peak.

Nokia was 'worth' 260 billion $ in 2000.
Sony 120 billion $ in 2000.

Look at them now.

Samsungs rise is much more graduale and probably more sustainable.

''Hadouken!''

DonFerrari said:
I didn't know we had this many administrators, CEO, CFO here that seems to know how to recover Sony... They should fire the board of directors and all higher ups to hire you folks. How many of you is a top manager? Most here are in debt and taking government aid. Complain about prices and how companies are greedy. Yes you sure are better qualified than Kaz Hirai.

People say sony should downsize and get rid off PC and tv, dismiss people to reduce costs. Sony does that and people complain. And don't see why Sony will post a loss. Say they sell buildings and divisions to hide losses but ignore sony also bought newer buildings and companies, that's part of their reestructuration.

The best part is some people saying they want Sony to recover and they want competition when everyone knows they hate Sony and want them and their fans to die.

People complain because it has taken Sony years to get rid of loss making divisions. They kept trying and waiting for the TV and PC division to become profitable but all it did was lose them billions. Now after years of lossing billions, they have decided to sell off the PC division. They are still keeping the TV diviision though so it will still make massive loses. 

Also you're making so many assumptions in your post. I am not in debt, and most people don't want Sony and their fans to die. That is a riduculous thing to say. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ajax said:
Nokia was 'worth' 260 billion $ in 2000.
Sony 120 billion $ in 2000.

Look at them now.

Samsungs rise is much more graduale and probably more sustainable.

WOW, Nokia had a huge downfall! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54