By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Still ahead of PS3

That and I just don't consider Japan PS3 numbers :P. That being reinforced by native Japan residents just don't frequent gaming forums that require english to effectively communicate. So chances are....if you are on a english forum, your on 360 turf.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

What is more impressive is that 360 didn't get a price cut since summer 2008......wonder how many price cuts PS3 had since that period??

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

fps_d0minat0r said:
walsufnir said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
lol, is that all MS could manage with an early launch, cheaper hardware, and better multiplatforms?
The saddest part is that even though its on the verge of losing that tiny lead it may have, people are still boasting about it.

Yeah, and no RROD happened which hurt a *lot* of sales in the beginning. Interesting how only good arguments come in for 360 to defend PS3...

No it didnt hurt it actually, it actually led to more sales and I bet the units MS replaced were counted in their 'sales' data

Oh sure, it led to more sales! Man, who would've imagined... Better to build faulty hardware instead of working one, you are a genius. Or a funny guy, but one of these for sure!

Seece said:
Lawlight said:
Seece said:
Lawlight said:
3.6M PS3 vs 3.5M 360. And as usual, MS overshipped during Q3 which means their shipment numbers will be very low for the next 3 quarters. We've seen it all before.

Link for the 3.6m PS3? Again you're just assuming every single PS4 shipped was auto sold. In 30 countries.

Proof MS overshipped? Funny how you say they will be very low for the next 3 Q's, you realise last year 360 and PS3 were on par right? CYQ2 for instance PS3 shipped 1.1m, 360 shipped 1m.

Come back when you have something relevent to say.

14.3 PS3s + PS4s vs 7M 360. How many PS4s do you think were on shelves in December?

That includes remaining PS2 stock (hence the huge jump YOY).

Both were around 80m Oct/Nov (360 first), both shipped around 3.5m this holiday (360 more), There are at least 200k PS4's on shelves, we're talking 30 countries here, not only that but ones that are in transit.

There's only 3 months of PS2 sales in there and that is negligible because it was low enough for Sony to discontinue it.

And, no, there's 0 chance of there being 200k PS4s on shelves seeing how it was impossible to find them in the major regions.

Lol PS3 always sold ahead of 360, except for a week of December, how can it sell more overall? MS stop forging numbers

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
That and I just don't consider Japan PS3 numbers :P. That being reinforced by native Japan residents just don't frequent gaming forums that require english to effectively communicate. So chances are....if you are on a english forum, your on 360 turf.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. In fact it actually sounds a bit racist. 

OT: Does it even matter, PS3 WILL pass the 360 eventually. If it hasn't already then it will by the end the year. Especially with how fast the 360 is dropping now. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Seece said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
d21lewis said:
Okay. I'm a Nintendo fan and as a Nintendo fan, I need for this to stop. I'm standing by the "Generation ended when the Wii U released so everything afterwards no longer counts" school of thought. If we continue talking about PS3 vs 360 sales, there's a chance the PS3 could still "win". Stop it.

Agreed. We need to understand  that no one ever remembers who comes in second place so it's irrelevant and arguing over it is petty. People only remember the winner and that was the Wii, end of story.

D21 was joking, how embarrssing you took him seriously. But as I've said before, this is to make the sites numbers more accurate and this is a sales website, we're not going to not talk about it because you don't like people taking about the possibility of PS3 overtaking Wii, christ.

Pffftt. Yah ok, really embarassing. My statement is accurate, regardless if D21 was joking. It is irrelevant who comes in 2nd, Wii won, plain and simple and those who claim the PS3 will overtake it are only fooling themselves. It 's almost comparable to how PS3 was suppose to overtake the 360 in sales for the first several years. I personally could care less whether people want to argue over who comes 2nd for last gen. I was simply stating it's foolish. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

walsufnir said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
walsufnir said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
lol, is that all MS could manage with an early launch, cheaper hardware, and better multiplatforms?
The saddest part is that even though its on the verge of losing that tiny lead it may have, people are still boasting about it.

Yeah, and no RROD happened which hurt a *lot* of sales in the beginning. Interesting how only good arguments come in for 360 to defend PS3...

No it didnt hurt it actually, it actually led to more sales and I bet the units MS replaced were counted in their 'sales' data

Oh sure, it led to more sales! Man, who would've imagined... Better to build faulty hardware instead of working one, you are a genius. Or a funny guy, but one of these for sure!

Well, when people have said they've bought 3-5 360s due to hardware failures....that does kinda pad the numbers, don't you think? "Why don't you just buy a PS3 so you don't have to keep buying 360s?" "Well, I have 15 games. Can't play that on a PS3"

There obviously was no foresight, as your sarcasm would dictate, to make a faulty console and then reap the benefits of re-buys. What happened was the 3660 had great software and high attach ratios....and it just so happened to break easily. And when your console breaks, you get a new one because like I showed in the above example, you can't play 15 360 games on PS3. Not to mention that people stayed with 360 to keep their gamerscore as well.

Don't sit there and act like there have been no reports of people buying multiple consoles. I'm not saying something ridiculous like....only 20M people bought a 360 and they've all had to buy 4. I'm saying that many people have bought multiple consoles, and as a result, it "boosted sales". When MS goes into a board meeting they aren't gonna say "We sold 2 consoles, but one was a replacement for a broken one, so we don't have more customers". They're gonna say "we sold 2 360s" because their bottom line is all that matters

fps_d0minat0r said:
ironmanDX said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
walsufnir said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Lol. That is a terrible argument. Faulty items hurt brand image and decrease sales...

Let me guess, you have x amount of friends, most got rrod and bought x amount of 360's x amount of times, right?

clearly it didnt damange their brand reputation as a few of your fellow xbox fans have pointed out that 360 sales increased significantly over the original xbox.

Anyway, if it comes to the point where you have to justify the fact that PS3 will overtake the 360 (if it hasnt already) with something like RROD, that says it all.

If RROD didn't happen, 360 would be over 100,000,000 m Easy. Just sayin

I am still waiting for the OP's proof.

This site still shows PS3 at 82.46 million and the X360 at 81.11 million.

Charts say PS3 was ahead every week except 2013-11-30.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php