By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Still ahead of PS3

riecsou said:
loy310 said:
riecsou said:
Are we getting a thread too that says that the gap of Xbox One vs PS4 is not 1.2 Millions since MS confirm to have shipped 3.9 millions Xbox One and Sony 4.2 Millions PS4?????

Q3 ended on December 31 2014.

The gap between the XB1 and PS4 on vgc.com includes figures from Q4 along with Q3. The PS4 and XB1 gap is correct and up to date.

I was being sarcastic . Actually vgc shows that at the end of december the PS4 had a 1.2 millions lead over Xbox One (4.2 vs 3.0). But Microsoft announced that they had shipped 3.9 millions Xbox One in their report. But I have never seen a thread saying that the gas was less than that since MS announced 3.9 millions shipped.

But as soon as PS3 Xbox360 "Shipped" numbers come in, then the discussion starts.

Well to be fair this is a sales tracking site, so discussions like this will happen.

Also the 3.9 million shipped was just that as we all assumed that MS stuffed retailers with units they did not need, where as Sony shipped and sold every thing they could ship.

Sony have already admited that the PS3 have sold less than forecasted and that the PS4 seem to be picking up the slack or so they hope.

So PS3 my be over estimated on this site, at the very least it and the 360 are neck and neck, don't think either console is far ahead of each other.

Around the Network

why is it people only care enough to argue about total sales when they think their favored console might be ahead, but the moment they think otherwise, "its last gen, it doesn't matter".

Seece and his assumptions again. We don't even know how many 360s were really sold through.

kurasakiichimaru said:

Seece and his assumptions again. We don't even know how many 360s were really sold through.

Obviously, you don't know this tread is talking about sell-in numbers (shipped numbers).

Seece, I would suggest you changing the tread title to 360 is still possible leading to PS3 based on sell-in numbers. This will avoid many useless trolls and flame talks.

Around the Network
zhao3gold said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Obviously, you don't know this tread is talking about sell-in numbers (shipped numbers).

Obviously the idea of having two topics at one thread isn't feasible at all to you.

Okay. I'm a Nintendo fan and as a Nintendo fan, I need for this to stop. I'm standing by the "Generation ended when the Wii U released so everything afterwards no longer counts" school of thought. If we continue talking about PS3 vs 360 sales, there's a chance the PS3 could still "win". Stop it.

d21lewis said:
Okay. I'm a Nintendo fan and as a Nintendo fan, I need for this to stop. I'm standing by the "Generation ended when the Wii U released so everything afterwards no longer counts" school of thought. If we continue talking about PS3 vs 360 sales, there's a chance the PS3 could still "win". Stop it.

Agreed. We need to understand  that no one ever remembers who comes in second place so it's irrelevant and arguing over it is petty. People only remember the winner and that was the Wii, end of story.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Seece said:
Robbie2010 said:
Xbox is losing current gen so xbox fans clinging to last gen to feel good?? Move on please.

What a joke of a post, I don't need 360 to be ahead to 'feel good', I want the numbers here to be as accurate as possible. Just like I keep pointing out how Xbox 360 is overtracked in the US by 2m.

Edit - what is it with this debate which brings out the worst in people.

It is hard for them to accept the fact that some users on VGC actually want to see factual numbers, and since the numbers for both PS3 and 360 have been off for atleast a year, they are still living in the dream world where PS3 passed 360. I am actually not too sure anymore that Ps3 will pass 360 at all seeing as PS4 seems to canibalize the sales of Ps3.

Puppyroach said:
Seece said:
Robbie2010 said:
Xbox is losing current gen so xbox fans clinging to last gen to feel good?? Move on please.

What a joke of a post, I don't need 360 to be ahead to 'feel good', I want the numbers here to be as accurate as possible. Just like I keep pointing out how Xbox 360 is overtracked in the US by 2m.

Edit - what is it with this debate which brings out the worst in people.

It is hard for them to accept the fact that some users on VGC actually want to see factual numbers, and since the numbers for both PS3 and 360 have been off for atleast a year, they are still living in the dream world where PS3 passed 360. I am actually not too sure anymore that Ps3 will pass 360 at all seeing as PS4 seems to canibalize the sales of Ps3.

Incase it escaped your attention, there will never be "Factual" numbers, it's impossible.