By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Still ahead of PS3

fps_d0minat0r said:
walsufnir said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
lol, is that all MS could manage with an early launch, cheaper hardware, and better multiplatforms?
The saddest part is that even though its on the verge of losing that tiny lead it may have, people are still boasting about it.

Yeah, and no RROD happened which hurt a *lot* of sales in the beginning. Interesting how only good arguments come in for 360 to defend PS3...

No it didnt hurt it actually, it actually led to more sales and I bet the units MS replaced were counted in their 'sales' data

I really hate it when people have no idea, but are sooo vocal.

The replaced units were NOT counted as sales. A company is only allowed to report the sales that actually generated revenue. Otherwise they would defraud their shareholders.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Are we getting a thread too that says that the gap of Xbox One vs PS4 is not 1.2 Millions since MS confirm to have shipped 3.9 millions Xbox One and Sony 4.2 Millions PS4?????

fps_d0minat0r said:
ironmanDX said:

Uhhh... Check your first post. You try a bit of "justifying" yourself.

im not justifying myself or the PS3, im questioning why considering those factors, MS didnt do better.

you should be glad that I mentioned those, because the PS3 matching the 360 despite that gives XB1 some hope against the PS4.

MS didn't do better... What a joke. PS3 lost market-share, 360 gained. They sold more software and gained more profit from the 360 than Sony did the PS3...

You should stop commenting.

ironmanDX said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
ironmanDX said:

im not justifying myself or the PS3, im questioning why considering those factors, MS didnt do better.

you should be glad that I mentioned those, because the PS3 matching the 360 despite that gives XB1 some hope against the PS4.

MS didn't do better... What a joke. PS3 lost market-share, 360 gained. They sold more software and gained more profit from the 360 than Sony did the PS3...

This isnt a market share thread, its a direct comparison.

youre trying to derail it because you cant prove your point on the topic on hand. Make another thread boasting about market share if you want to but as far as this thread goes, im done.

riecsou said:
Are we getting a thread too that says that the gap of Xbox One vs PS4 is not 1.2 Millions since MS confirm to have shipped 3.9 millions Xbox One and Sony 4.2 Millions PS4?????

Q3 ended on December 31 2014.

The gap between the XB1 and PS4 on vgc.com includes figures from Q4 along with Q3. The PS4 and XB1 gap is correct and up to date.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
ironmanDX said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
ironmanDX said:

This isnt a market share thread, its a direct comparison.

youre trying to derail it because you cant prove your point on the topic on hand. Make another thread boasting about market share if you want to but as far as this thread goes, im done.

Lol... Ok. It's all of a sudden a direct comparison? Guess your first post means nothing then, good day to you.

Touma said:
DirtyP2002 said:
When I remember all the articles ethomaz and pezus posted

PS3 should outsell Xbox 360 worldwide by a huuuuge margin.
PS4 basically kicks Xbox Ones ass right now.

Truth: The difference is about 1-2 weeks of sales for both consoles combined.

Just admit it guys, you expected WAY higher sales for the PS3 and the PS4.

The gap end december between XB1 and PS4 is 1,2M. It's a lot for only 5 weeks of sales...

We don´t have official sales for either consoles. We only have shippments and with a complication by Sony bundling PS3 + PS4 shippments.

But our friend @ethomaz has been saying Sony had shipped close to 5mi PS4 last quarter.

The sad part is that we may never know for more than 200k accuracy.

Dark_Feanor said:
Touma said:
DirtyP2002 said:

The gap end december between XB1 and PS4 is 1,2M. It's a lot for only 5 weeks of sales...

We don´t have official sales for either consoles. We only have shippments and with a complication by Sony bundling PS3 + PS4 shippments.

But our friend @ethomaz has been saying Sony had shipped close to 5mi PS4 last quarter.

The sad part is that we may never know for more than 200k accuracy.

Yes we have: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/ces-playstation-4-sales-pass-42-million

http://seekingalpha.com/news/1493421-2013-xbox-one-sales-topped-3m

For the 5M lol Sony sells everything who was shipped in 2013.

loy310 said:
riecsou said:

Q3 ended on December 31 2014.

The gap between the XB1 and PS4 on vgc.com includes figures from Q4 along with Q3. The PS4 and XB1 gap is correct and up to date.

I was being sarcastic . Actually vgc shows that at the end of december the PS4 had a 1.2 millions lead over Xbox One (4.2 vs 3.0). But Microsoft announced that they had shipped 3.9 millions Xbox One in their report. But I have never seen a thread saying that the gas was less than that since MS announced 3.9 millions shipped.

But as soon as PS3 Xbox360 "Shipped" numbers come in, then the discussion starts.

Touma said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Xbox 360 + Xbox One = 7.4 million
PS4 + PS3 = 7.8 million.

--> 400k difference between Playstation consoles and Xbox consoles

Xbox 360 sold an average of 173k per week that Q according to VGC
Xbox One sold an average of 584k per week that Q according VGC

-->Xbox hardware sold an average of 757k per week. So the difference was 3-4 days of sales.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...