By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Still ahead of PS3

Do we need any more proof now??

PS3 + PS4 - 7.8

360 + One - 7.4 (3.5m 360, 3.9m XB1)

PS4 sold through 4.2m, so who knows what they shipped, 4.5m? More? Leaving 3.3m for PS3.

Mid October MS announced 80m, Sony announced 80m 3 weeks later.

The numbers here are way out that's for sure.

360 @ 80m Oct 17th - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/17/xbox-360-80-million-sold-and-counting

PS3 @ 80m Nov 6th - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/ps3-sells-over-80-million-units-with-4332-games-released

Around the Network
Seece said:

Do we need any more proof now??

PS3 + PS4 - 7.8

360 + One - 7.4 (3.5m 360, 3.9m XB1)

PS4 sold through 4.2m, so who knows what they shipped, 4.5m? More? Leaving 3.3m for PS3.

Mid October MS announced 80m, Sony announced 80m 3 weeks later.

The numbers here are way out that's for sure.

Yeah that means that the 360 stayed ahead for the whole quarter. Which means 360 is still ahead.

ioi said Sony had shipped 4.2 million PS4's, but it was announced as sellthrough as the console sold out instantly, at the time of the announcement at least. So you're looking at 3.6 million PS3's shipped last quarter.

Also both companies announced 80 million a week from each other, so even if the lead is smaller, it's still on the PS3's side at this time.

No wonder Sony has been so quiet about it...

Tagging.

Somini said:

ioi said Sony had shipped 4.2 million PS4's, but it was announced as sellthrough as the console sold out instantly, at the time of the announcement at least. So you're looking at 3.8 million PS3's shipped last quarter.

I don't buy that every single PS4 in 30+ countries is sold. They're selling through fast, very fast. But never that fast. They shipped more than 4.2m imo until I see proof from Sony otherwise. How do you get 3.8m PS3? that adds up to 8m ... pretty simpe math.

And ioi doesn't know anymore than you or I on what Sony shipped ..

Around the Network
Seece said:
Somini said:

ioi said Sony had shipped 4.2 million PS4's, but it was announced as sellthrough as the console sold out instantly, at the time of the announcement at least. So you're looking at 3.8 million PS3's shipped last quarter.

I don't buy that every single PS4 in 30+ countries is sold. They're selling through fast, very fast. But never that fast. They shipped more than 4.2m imo until I see proof from Sony otherwise. How do you get 3.8m PS3? that adds up to 8m ... pretty simpe math.

Your reply was before my edit.

Anyways, ioi doesn't know but i trust his guess as this IS his job. You don't have to..

Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:

Your reply was before my edit.

Anyways, ioi doesn't know but i trust his guess as this IS his job. You don't have to..

Right ... well you can believe that but it's illogical and I very much doubt ioi was expecting Sony to only ship 4.2m PS4s.

FYI the gap was 2 - 3 weeks, not a week.

called that 4 years ago

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

HD PEASANTS

<youtube> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdhSxMgpJL8

</youtube>
I´m disapointed by Sony not discriminating its individual shipments.

Can´t belive they sold every single console shiped WW. By the and of the day if those numbers are correct it was 3,9 vs 4,2 or 7,8 vs 7,5.