By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SCEE Brand Manager: Titanfall "Wait Another Year Or So", "Got A Good Feeling It'll Come To PS4"

globalisateur said:
Are some people here still doubting that Titanfall 2 will be released on PS4?

This twitter has been made after EA said Titanfall (1) will stay exclusive to PC/XB1/X360.

No but does anybody care about Titanfall at all? According to many opinions the game won't be a big hit. Well, of course this will change with Titanfall 2, I know... This game will be soooo different than the first iteration (with being on PS4, too, of course).

Around the Network

There's gonna be a TitanFall: Digital Edition or Ultimate Edition for the PS4.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

walsufnir said:
But who cares? #1 People like Infamous 2 way more and of course it will sell more. Additionally Titanfall is also on 360, PC and Xbone. #2 And it's just another COD. #3 And it is online-only. ONLINE-ONLY. #4 Nobody wants to play this crap except dude-bros... It won't even push any hardware-sales...

Calm down, buddy. #1 People are saying Second Son will sell more simply because there's gonna be more PS4s in consumer hands. With two high profile games, chances are the game on the higher user base will sell more.

#2 It's an FPS that handles like CoD and is made by the people who made CoD.

#3 People bitching about online only forget that over 1M bought Warhawk for PS3 and that came out in mid-2007 .

#4 And "dude-bros" that want to "play this crap" are the same ones who bought CoD4, Halo, Gears, all high selling games.

Bunch of complaints, bunch of explanations. I know this is supposed to be a "reflection" of what detractors are saying, but it all makes sense when it's able to be explained

walsufnir said:

No but does anybody care about Titanfall at all? According to many opinions the game won't be a big hit. Well, of course this will change with Titanfall 2, I know... This game will be soooo different than the first iteration (with being on PS4, too, of course).

Walsufnir, my sarcasm detector went through the roof here, great post!

Because I think it will be a big hit on XB1, in the US at least. Just looking at the US Pre-orders and initial previews of the game is enough.

BMaker11 said:
walsufnir said:
But who cares? #1 People like Infamous 2 way more and of course it will sell more. Additionally Titanfall is also on 360, PC and Xbone. #2 And it's just another COD. #3 And it is online-only. ONLINE-ONLY. #4 Nobody wants to play this crap except dude-bros... It won't even push any hardware-sales...

Calm down, buddy. #1 People are saying Second Son will sell more simply because there's gonna be more PS4s in consumer hands. With two high profile games, chances are the game on the higher user base will sell more.

#3 People bitching about online only forget that over 1M bought Warhawk for PS3 and that came out in mid-2007 .

#4 And "dude-bros" that want to "play this crap" are the same ones who bought CoD4, Halo, Gears, all high selling games.

Bunch of complaints, bunch of explanations.

Well, obviously globalisateurs sarcasm detector works way better than yours ;)

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
BMaker11 said:
walsufnir said:

Bunch of complaints, bunch of explanations.

Well, obviously globalisateurs sarcasm detector works way better than yours ;)

I hit "submit" before I finished my post =/. See:

I know this is supposed to be a "reflection" of what detractors are saying, but it all makes sense when it's able to be explained

If it warrants a GOY Edition, then that will probably be on PS4 like Mass Effect and Bioshock before it.

GribbleGrunger said:

Just a tweet but to me this sound like a bit of a 'nod and a wink' statement.

Its one of those types of tweets that you can make with absolutly no info on whats going to happen in 2 years or better.  I highly doubt that this guy has any knowledge of what EA, Respawn or MS plans for Titanfall.  Hell, Titanfall hasn't even released yet and we do not know if the game will even live up to the hype or fade away after a few months of activity.  Oh well, I guess someone will take it as proof that Titanfall will be on the PS3 but 2 years is a long time, especially for gamers and nothing kills a dream like a large sum of money.

starcraft said:
GribbleGrunger said:
starcraft said:
Title is bullshit. The Twitter is clearly labelled as being 'her own views' not Sony's.

This has been done to death, the game is confirmed Xbox console exclusive.

Just a very dodgy attempt at spoiling.

It might be her view but why has she got that view? Like I said, this sounds very much like a 'nod and a wink'. It's coming to PS4.

If she actually knew the game was coming to PS4 then making that tweet would be a clear violation of her NDA!

But if she's just talking as a fan, and not on behalf of her employer, then it doesn't mean to imply she knows anything, she's just stating a personal preference.  It's like if you ask Reggie "Hey would you like to see GameCube games on the VC?" and he replies "Yes I absolutely would love that."  It just means he would like to see them as much as we do.

I think it's harmless.  But the internet is full of alarmists and people that taking everything out of context.  It's probably inappropriate for an employee of SCEA to comment publicly, whether on her Twitter or not, about something like that.  I mean, it shouldn't be, but because of how certain people react, it's just the reality.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

kowenicki said:
I doubt it, playstation fans seem to think its over rated and don't want it....

I'm a Playstation fan, i think it's overrated and i don't want it.

...i still want it to come to the PS4

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’