By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SCEE Brand Manager: Titanfall "Wait Another Year Or So", "Got A Good Feeling It'll Come To PS4"

Pemalite said:
jlmurph2 said:
Pemalite said:
jlmurph2 said:
Pemalite said:
HumdrumPie said:

That will probably be TitalFall 2. Annual release and all :)

I'm kidding. Part of thinks that EA executives really wanted the Xbox's One DRM and they gave Microsoft this exclusive to support it. They even abandoned the Online passes because they thought DRM was the future. Who knows? I could very well be wrong, but I can't get that thought out of my head. Oh, well. TitanFall is not for me anyway.

EA still do season passes.
Battlefield 4 being the latest title. (That's what Premium is.)

Besides, Titanfall relies on a form of DRM, being that it's online-only.

Not season passes, ONLINE passes. Those $10 codes for a used game to get online.

They might aswell be the same thing.
They're over charging you for little/no content.

Actually online passes came with games when you bought them new, its EA trying to get money from the people who buy from Gamestop. So it would be less money to buy a $59.99 game new than a $54.99 game used and then have to pay for a $10 code. Not like Season passes.

What?
I bought Battlefield 3 (Plus another half-dozen games) for $6.
Then EA wanted to charge me $50 for Premium.
You can't tell me a bunch of maps are worth more than the main game, especially with a large portion of maps being remakes/ports from previous games.

Heck, Premium is still $40 AUD.

This is via Origin, it might aswell be lumped into the same con-job bracket.

You can still play the game without Premium, they aren't forcing you to buy it.

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:
kowenicki said:
I doubt it, playstation fans seem to think its over rated and don't want it....

yes. its just an online-only multiplayer FPS. Why should I want it

1M people bought Warhawk.....

And that was TPS (less popular genre than FPS)

Meh. I can think of better things to spend my money on than an average looking, 6 vs 6, Call of Duty clone with mechs instead of killstreaks.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Are some people here still doubting that Titanfall 2 will be released on PS4?

This twitter has been made after EA said Titanfall (1) will stay exclusive to PC/XB1/X360.

globalisateur said:

This twitter has been made after EA said Titanfall (1) will stay exclusive to PC/XB1/X360.

I just got to thinking about this....

Bluepoint Games is handling the 360 edition of Titanfall. So Zampella would techinically be correct in saying that Respawn won't be making Titanfall on PS4. The porting studio could just be the one doing it. This would be the loophole to get around people asking if Respawn will make Titanfall for PS4.

I still strongly believe that Titanfall will come to the PS4. Considering the precedent of EA making all their games multiplatform, coupled a convenient little loophole stated above to get Vince and Jason out of any hot water when asked the question...it makes sense. And considering that the only 3rd party games that were announced exclusive and stayed exclusive last gen were MGS4 and Haze...every single one was fervently defended as exclusive (Assassin's Creed, FFXIII, Bioshock, Mass Effect, GTAIV DLC, etc) and it just ended up not being the case. Like I've stated before, if $50M can't keep the Episodes of Liberty City exclusive, what genuinely gives people the idea that Titanfall will remain exclusive? Because EA said so? The company that multiplats everything? Ok, and Rockstar said that the GTA DLC was exclusive, 2K said Bioshock was exclusive, EA said Mass Effect was exclusive, Activision always says CoD DLC is exclusive, Epic said UE3 was exclusive, etc.....it's just marketing to make sure sales aren't sabotaged on the initial "exclusive" platform. That's how all timed exclusive content works. You tell people it's gonna be on a different platform 6 months down the road, then consumers may not get it on the side you made the deal with and it'd be a breach of contract.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
globalisateur said:

Bluepoint Games is handling the 360 edition of Titanfall. So Zampella would techinically be correct in saying that Respawn won't be making Titanfall on PS4. The porting studio could just be the one doing it. This would be the loophole to get around people asking if Respawn will make Titanfall for PS4.

I still strongly believe that Titanfall will come to the PS4. Considering the precedent of EA making all their games multiplatform, coupled a convenient little loophole stated above to get Vince and Jason out of any hot water when asked the question...it makes sense.

No, EA has already said that the rights for the first Titanfall is a lifetime microsoft exclusive. There is no loophole. The 360 version is still called "Titanfall", which has the same rights by a different developer.

Don't Respawn own the IP? Surely they can do what they want with it.

I really don't think people should worry over an online only FPS and what format it is on. Let MS give EA/Respawn a big deal if it means other good titles on PS4 (the bigger selling console) get more sales overall.

Hmm, pie.

jlmurph2 said:
BMaker11 said:
globalisateur said:

I still strongly believe that Titanfall will come to the PS4. Considering the precedent of EA making all their games multiplatform, coupled a convenient little loophole stated above to get Vince and Jason out of any hot water when asked the question...it makes sense.

No, EA has already said that the rights for the first Titanfall is a lifetime microsoft exclusive. There is no loophole. The 360 version is still called "Titanfall", which has the same rights by a different developer.

EA stated that Mass Effect 1 would remain a 360 exlcusive and yet....

All I'm trying to say is that just because the publisher says it, doesn't mean it's true (especially when we know that behind the scenes deals are going on). And given EA's, specifically, track record, I would take their word on this with a grain of salt

globalisateur said:

Titanfall GOTY edition isn't the first titanfall.

But who cares? People like Infamous 2 way more and of course it will sell more. Additionally Titanfall is also on 360, PC and Xbone. And it's just another COD. And it is online-only. ONLINE-ONLY. Nobody wants to play this crap except dude-bros... It won't even push any hardware-sales...