By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SCEE Brand Manager: Titanfall "Wait Another Year Or So", "Got A Good Feeling It'll Come To PS4"

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:
I doubt it, playstation fans seem to think its over rated and don't want it....

And Xbox fans think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that certainly doesn't have anything to do with it being semi exclusive ;)

Funny, I recall plenty of Playstation fans excited because they were SO sure that it was a timed exclusive. And now even more excited for Titanfall 2 before Titanfall 1 comes out lol.

The hypocrisy of some Playstation fans has nothing to do with my post.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
J_Allard said:
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:

And Xbox fans think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that certainly doesn't have anything to do with it being semi exclusive ;)

It's got virtually universal praise from everyone who has played it. I guess everyone is an Xbox fan.

That doesn't change the fact that you for example certainly wouldn't be calling the game GOTG if it was a multiplat. Fans of a brand overhype exclusives for their brand, that is nothing new and you shouldn't act like the Xbox fanbase doesn't do it as well.

Uh, how about no? The game looks amazing and it IS a multiplat. I hope that helped.

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:

Funny, I recall plenty of Playstation fans excited because they were SO sure that it was a timed exclusive. And now even more excited for Titanfall 2 before Titanfall 1 comes out lol.

Actually it does, not only Xbox fans think its a great game. :)

J_Allard said:
DerNebel said:
J_Allard said:

It's got virtually universal praise from everyone who has played it. I guess everyone is an Xbox fan.

That doesn't change the fact that you for example certainly wouldn't be calling the game GOTG if it was a multiplat. Fans of a brand overhype exclusives for their brand, that is nothing new and you shouldn't act like the Xbox fanbase doesn't do it as well.

Uh, how about no? The game looks amazing and it IS a multiplat. I hope that helped.

Let me rephrase that, you wouldn't be calling it GOTG if it was on the PS4 as well. I'm not saying that you wouldn't be hyped for it, but let's face this, you're only calling it GOTG to get a rise out of the PS fanbase, which would hardly be possible if they got the game as well.

DerNebel said:
J_Allard said:
DerNebel said:
J_Allard said:

Let me rephrase that, you wouldn't be calling it GOTG if it was on the PS4 as well. I'm not saying that you wouldn't be hyped for it, but let's face this, you're only calling it GOTG to get a rise out of the PS fanbase, which would hardly be possible if they got the game as well.

Or maybe I am just that hyped for the game. But feel free to continue to be ignorant and incorrect, I am ok with that.

Around the Network

Titanfall will come to the PS4. Titanfall 2 in 2016 is my guess.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

Actually no it doesn't and I didn't say that only Xbox fans think it's a great game, but it is a simple fact that exclusives (or in this case semi exclusives) always get a good chunk of extra hype from fans of the respective console and, yes at the same time also get a good chunk of hate from fans of the competing consoles, that's just how it works.

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

Actually no it doesn't and I didn't say that only Xbox fans think it's a great game, but it is a simple fact that exclusives (or in this case semi exclusives) always get a good chunk of extra hype from fans of the respective console and, yes at the same time also get a good chunk of hate from fans of the competing consoles, that's just how it works.

Oh, well yeah sure that's a given.

There's always exceptions. But yeah you're right, after Titanfall was announced as a Lifetime Exclusive that hype and hate grew tenfold

HumdrumPie said:

That will probably be TitalFall 2. Annual release and all :)

I'm kidding. Part of thinks that EA executives really wanted the Xbox's One DRM and they gave Microsoft this exclusive to support it. They even abandoned the Online passes because they thought DRM was the future. Who knows? I could very well be wrong, but I can't get that thought out of my head. Oh, well. TitanFall is not for me anyway.

EA still do season passes.
Battlefield 4 being the latest title. (That's what Premium is.)

Besides, Titanfall relies on a form of DRM, being that it's online-only.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

J_Allard said:
DerNebel said:
J_Allard said:

Or maybe I am just that hyped for the game. But feel free to continue to be ignorant and incorrect, I am ok with that.

And you keep acting as if you don't know fully well, that every time you open a thread with calling Titanfall the GOTG you immediately start a huge shit-throwing contest between PS and Xbox fans and aren't doing it for that reason alone, I am ok with that.