By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous will trounce Titanfall: Proof

MTZehvor said:
The definition of "proof" could use some work.

At any rate, those digital pre-order numbers seem awfully high. 700K for a game that still doesn't even have an announced release date?

March 21st 2014 isn't an announced release date?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/infamous-second-son-release-date-announced

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Well there is merit in that. Just saying this all stems from the great Xbox/PS console war. Titanfall just happens to also be out on 360 and if those guys who haven't switched over to X1 get decide to contribute to the war effort.....just saying it would look silly if a Sony fan claims victory over the X1 version yet the 360  version puts it over the top.

Then add 52,000 copies for the 360 version.  Won't make much difference.  Digital sales are available too, but with most 360s sold hardly having adequate space, I highly doubt the number will be that high.

Calling complete and utter BS on those ''digital'' numbers.

You telling me on average a digital copy is selling x3 amount as retail... when has this ever happened before. Where did those numbers even come from? Digital probably doesn't even count towards 2% of total sales let alone 70% as those charts show.

So much for your proof OP. And whats with the logic anyway, second sequel vs new IP? That makes sense. 

mornelithe said:
MTZehvor said:

At any rate, those digital pre-order numbers seem awfully high. 700K for a game that still doesn't even have an announced release date?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/infamous-second-son-release-date-announced

No, you silly. Infamous doesn't have 700,000 digital pre-orders. Watch Dogs does. I was referring to that.

TheKoreanGuy said:
Chris Hu said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
mornelithe said:
It should come as no surprise than an established franchise that is well-received by the masses, outsells a new IP. That's just common sense.

But one is an FPS, does that not matter?

It shouldn't since FPS are slowly getting less popular which is a good thing since I don't care much about them in the first place.

How so? You don't even have to look that far. Just look at Destiny preorders. New IP and still a ways to go till release.

Destiny's preorders don't impress me much just look at the declining sales numbers for Battlefield and COD and what I said earlier pretty much holds true.   Which is a good thing Activison sits on so much cash its about time they start making new IP's that are not FPS.

Around the Network

As much as I'd love it to beat Titanfall, it's a shooter being advertised pretty well to the CoD crowd, hard to beat that.

MTZehvor said:
mornelithe said:
MTZehvor said:

No, you silly. Infamous doesn't have 700,000 digital pre-orders. Watch Dogs does. I was referring to that.

ahh gotcha

padib said:

And this is important because?

Are two exclusives not able to coexist without having to demolish each other in sales?

If one sells more than the other, what does it tell us about the consoles they are on, that they are more popular? Wouldn't that undermine the  game selling on its own rights?

Install base has little to nothing to do with how well a title sells, at least in most cases.  See Resistance, Halo, Gears, GoW, Ratchet, Killzone or many others over this gen as proof of that.  They all had titles with smaller install bases to sell to that sold more than later installments in the gen with obviously bigger bases.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Ok what is going on in this thread? OP just makes up some "digital pre order" numbers and everyone believes him? Where are these numbers coming from? I have the feeling I'm missing a joke here.

Where did these numbers come from lol.