CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
mornelithe said:
It should come as no surprise than an established franchise that is well-received by the masses, outsells a new IP. That's just common sense.

But one is an FPS, does that not matter?

FlamingWeazel said:
theprof00 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
theprof00 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
PSN already has infamous for digital pre-order up.

LOL

LOL sorry, i had a seizure.

I like you weazel, you're a real stand-up guy, you wanna come by my house and fuck my wife?

OK as long as she doesn't have arm pit hair.

Ok, but you have to do the shaving, both of us are afraid of sharp objects.

TheKoreanGuy said:
mornelithe said:
It should come as no surprise than an established franchise that is well-received by the masses, outsells a new IP. That's just common sense.

It shouldn't since FPS are slowly getting less popular which is a good thing since I don't care much about them in the first place.

TheKoreanGuy said:
mornelithe said:

It shouldn't matter, people know what they're going to get at a bare minimum from InFamous.  Right now, Titanfall is an unknown quantity, so sales will be tepid until people hear from their friends whether it's worth it or not.  Plus, a $60 MP only game with the promise of EA style DLC avalanches, are probably also going to give people some pause.  I know I won't buy it, for that reason alone, no matter how good it is.  Give me back map making, dedicated server and mod support for games, and I'll consider it.  Until then, jam it in your asses, EA, Microsoft, Sony, Activision etc...

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
mornelithe said:

It shouldn't since FPS are slowly getting less popular which is a good thing since I don't care much about them in the first place.

How so? You don't even have to look that far. Just look at Destiny preorders. New IP and still a ways to go till release.

the-pi-guy said:
sales2099 said:

Actually it wouldn't. What you are trying to be is "fair", but industry in any capacity is anything but.

You are comparing a IP vs IP. Granted this is clearly Xbox vs PS when you read between the lines, so naturally cutting the PC version out makes sense.But Titanfall is also on 360. It bears the same name.It still falls within the Xbox/PS rivalry that is in this thread.

So whether Infamous outsells the X1 version will be nice to watch, but that is clearly you cutting the playing field to suit PS bias (ironic given what you said).

Just saying, I think it is worth noting both comparisons.

No matter what you do the comparison isn't fair.  

Comparing it Titanfall(One) to InFamous(PS4) is probably most fair.  

The Xbox 360 will probably hold back Titanfall on the One, but at the same time anyone who has an Xbox One and wants Titanfall will probably get it on the Xbox One.  Is there any reason not to?  

This also means that some people may buy it twice, once on the 360, and once on the One.  Why not have the best version?  

It also means that the user base is skewed.  You're comparing some 80 million consoles to less than 5 million consoles.  

But comparing it this way means that we are comparing two new next gen consoles. You'd be comparing two new consoles with currently less than a 5 million user base each.  

Well there is merit in that. Just saying this all stems from the great Xbox/PS console war. Titanfall just happens to also be out on 360 and if those guys who haven't switched over to X1 get decide to contribute to the war effort.....just saying it would look silly if a Sony fan claims victory over the X1 version yet the 360  version puts it over the top.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The definition of "proof" could use some work.

At any rate, those digital pre-order numbers seem awfully high. 700K for a game that still doesn't even have an announced release date?

Ah, preordering digitally is possible on the One?

the-pi-guy said:
sales2099 said:

Actually it wouldn't. What you are trying to be is "fair", but industry in any capacity is anything but.

You are comparing a IP vs IP. Granted this is clearly Xbox vs PS when you read between the lines, so naturally cutting the PC version out makes sense.But Titanfall is also on 360. It bears the same name.It still falls within the Xbox/PS rivalry that is in this thread.

So whether Infamous outsells the X1 version will be nice to watch, but that is clearly you cutting the playing field to suit PS bias (ironic given what you said).

Just saying, I think it is worth noting both comparisons.

No matter what you do the comparison isn't fair.  

Comparing it Titanfall(One) to InFamous(PS4) is probably most fair.  

The Xbox 360 will probably hold back Titanfall on the One, but at the same time anyone who has an Xbox One and wants Titanfall will probably get it on the Xbox One.  Is there any reason not to?  

This also means that some people may buy it twice, once on the 360, and once on the One.  Why not have the best version?  

It also means that the user base is skewed.  You're comparing some 80 million consoles to less than 5 million consoles.  

But comparing it this way means that we are comparing two new next gen consoles. You'd be comparing two new consoles with currently less than a 5 million user base each.  

It's my fault. The title should be different.

Either way, whatever happens will simply help us learn more about the market.

if titanfall outsells in totality, then it means x360 is getting in the way (which I believe it is. Unfortunately for MS, I think 360 is way too similar in offerings to x1. They should raise the price ie; drop the cheap sku, and only have the elite, which would boost both profit margins and x1 rate.)
If it doesn't, it means fps fans have moved in fair number to ps4, or is simply too "new" for the typical fan....possibly.

I haven't really thought too much about it, but my gut instinct is that titanfall will sell better.