By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous will trounce Titanfall: Proof

This is a joke thread making fun of overly optimistic PS fans and insiders. Those digital sales are far from reality. 650K! No way!
Not that I think it's a good thing but in the end Titanfall will sell more than Infamous SS.

Around the Network

I don't see any proof.

FlamingWeazel said:
Imaginedvl said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Shinobi-san said:
I think in the long run Titanfall will be bigger than Infamous. I think Titanfall has the potential to compete with Battlefield and COD.

The exclusivity will hurt it though.

Not gonna be near as big as gears, quote me on that. Not gonna touch BF or cod.

lol I just see "hopes" here, nothing really tangible :)

Sig bet? Pre-orders are not very impressive considering it's 6 weeks away, and online only limits it's appeal.

Its a new IP. Once the game is released and people realise that this is COD evolved...the masses will follow.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Imaginedvl said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Shinobi-san said:
I think in the long run Titanfall will be bigger than Infamous. I think Titanfall has the potential to compete with Battlefield and COD.

Sig bet? Pre-orders are not very impressive considering it's 6 weeks away, and online only limits it's appeal.

Its a new IP. Once the game is released and people realise that this is COD evolved...the masses will follow.

Don't agree.....

Wtf, I had no idea digital preorders were that high..

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Shinobi-san said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Imaginedvl said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Shinobi-san said:

Don't agree.....

This is likely where COD would have gone had the guys behing the original Modern Warfare stayed at Activision.

With Titanfall they definitely going for the COD crowd...just looking at the gameplay will excite most COD players. If the game is good, word of mouth will spread...and i honestly believe that this game will take over from COD IF Activition doesnt change up the gameplay of the series. It wont survive this gen with minor improvements to the existing formula not when Titanfall and Destiny etc. are all changing it up somewhat.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
So we aren't including the 360 sales?

no, that would be biased.

Actually it wouldn't. What you are trying to be is "fair", but industry in any capacity is anything but.

You are comparing a IP vs IP. Granted this is clearly Xbox vs PS when you read between the lines, so naturally cutting the PC version out makes sense.But Titanfall is also on 360. It bears the same name.It still falls within the Xbox/PS rivalry that is in this thread.

So whether Infamous outsells the X1 version will be nice to watch, but that is clearly you cutting the playing field to suit PS bias (ironic given what you said).

Just saying, I think it is worth noting both comparisons.

Not that I'm against including the 360 and PC sales of the game, but everybody that's hyped for the game is saying that the XBone edition is gonna constitute upwards of 90% of the total sales because A. The 360 version will be "gimped", B. It's being advertised "as an XBone exclusive", or C. it'll be a system seller for XBone, not so much for 360 (I heard these 3 elsewhere on this forum)

So I think it's just him playing by you guys' rules. Everyone supporting the game is pretty much treating it like it's only on the XBone, so comparisons are only gonna be made to the XBone. If in the end, that suits a PS bias...blame Titanfall supporters

and itll be trounced by the halo 2 anv if the game has true halo 2 multi

but both will do great on there own consoles

Where did you get the digital pre orders from?