By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Yes Yes Yes. Oh MY GOD YES! Project Spark JRPG! This is AMAZING!

Bristow9091 said:
Project Spark itself looks interesting, and I'll definitely give it a go considering it's free and on PC, but that game looked, in my opinion, pretty boring and simple, especially in terms of features/content... I think you're overhyping it a little, lol.

Its not a game. It was a developers video showing in basic quick form whats possible. The community will do much more complicated stuff as they have shown in the pc beta.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Daisuke72 said:
Knew this was a Selnor thread before even clicking it. Rofl.

OT: I might buy a Xbox One to play this game with friends cause they're not nearly nerdy enough to game on PC's.

Sorry. I have really lost  faith in modern JRPG's. I absolutely loved FF9, 8, 7, 6. Grandia 2, 3. Skies Of Arcadia etc etc. I love Turn Based Combat. And I dont Handheld game. So when I saw this I jumped around the room like  a 4 year old kid. This is the NUMBER  1 BEST thing IVE seen for anything in the last 8 years  gaming. I cant wait to finally build my JRPG idea. And play loads of peoples stories.

I loved Grandia 2, one of my fav JRPG's. You should try Xenoblade Chronicles

"Somebody will remake FF7 using Project Spark!"

Yeah, and get their asses sued off in the process. Get ready for a few lawsuits.

This is pretty cool, will have to look into it on pc.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

to me comparing LBP to PS is like comparing Mario kart to GT yeah they might both be racers both be great but the comparison stops pretty much there....

not only PS is free but way closer to a minecraft meets game dev for newbies than to LBP imo.... the community will be able to be way more creative and will be way more appealing to builders enthusiast than LBP since again it is free but you can create for different platforms (XB, Smartphones, PC) and they are eventually considering a remuneration system for the builders.... this would make PS even more appealing than minecraft ever was imo

Around the Network

This will be great on PC. I might download and check it out

endimion said:
to me comparing LBP to PS is like comparing Mario kart to GT yeah they might both be racers both be great but the comparison stops pretty much there....

not only PS is free but way closer to a minecraft meets game dev for newbies than to LBP imo.... the community will be able to be way more creative and will be way more appealing to builders enthusiast than LBP since again it is free but you can create for different platforms (XB, Smartphones, PC) and they are eventually considering a remuneration system for the builders.... this would make PS even more appealing than minecraft ever was imo

It's a Microsoft product though, so a ton of people here can't see anything that you said and only see that it's a MS product so thus they feel compelled to either belittle it or attack the enthusiastic messenger.

OT:  I hate creating games so I watched as much of that video as I  could stomach but this has little appeal to me as creator.  I do appreciate how resourceful they appeared to be working with what they had.  Hopefully some cool stuff will come out of it.  As endimion said, if Minecraft can be big then no reason this couldn't either.

This game looks amazing. Xbox One on a role.

Bristow9091 said:
selnor1983 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Project Spark itself looks interesting, and I'll definitely give it a go considering it's free and on PC, but that game looked, in my opinion, pretty boring and simple, especially in terms of features/content... I think you're overhyping it a little, lol.

Its not a game. It was a developers video showing in basic quick form whats possible. The community will do much more complicated stuff as they have shown in the pc beta.

So the JRPG he was showing off wasn't the game he'd been developing using Project Spark? Pretty sure he said it was...

Yes. But if youd been keeping up wit 50  or so dev videos like this you would know its a quick crude show. Its not like, the battles will look like that when community get hold of it. Community have made the whole beginning to Fable 1, and it moves and looks better than the original Fable.

Im personally going to make my JRPG idea, and trust me the community will have full flowing battles, bosses etc. Just go and play some PS creations on a mates PC.

Bristow9091 said:
selnor1983 said:
Bristow9091 said:
selnor1983 said:
Bristow9091 said:

So the JRPG he was showing off wasn't the game he'd been developing using Project Spark? Pretty sure he said it was...

Yes. But if youd been keeping up wit 50  or so dev videos like this you would know its a quick crude show. Its not like, the battles will look like that when community get hold of it. Community have made the whole beginning to Fable 1, and it moves and looks better than the original Fable.

Im personally going to make my JRPG idea, and trust me the community will have full flowing battles, bosses etc. Just go and play some PS creations on a mates PC.

Look, I'm sorry and I don't want to sound like a dick, but I really don't see this being as big as you're making it out to be, sure it'll be fun for a while, but unless we get groups of extremely talented people, like, in the dozens, we might see a few good games every now and then, but everybody knows it, and I'm sure you do but you don't want to admit it, a good 95%+ of "Games" will be using the default resources, last like 5 minutes tops, filled with bugs and terrible mechanics, and not have any creativity whatsoever... pretty much like LittleBigPlanet, lol, there's a great level (People even make their own games on that too by the way) every so often, but the majority is terrible shovelware, lol.

It's great that you're excited for the game, that's obviously what Microsoft are wanting, and you're doing a good job of getting the hype out I suppose, but not all of us see it the same way you do, y'know? Like I've said, it looks interesting, and I'll mess around with it on PC, but everything I've seen so far just seems pretty average...

Are you aware many of us are already playing peoples creations on PC project Spark Beta????

Even in the beta there are many talented groups, and they ave done this stuff in 1 month. We are already seeing amazing stuff. And not in the minority either. Its happening alrready. One off my faveourites so far is called Links Awakening. A Zelda rip off done really well. Obviously its a work in progress. It as a World map and everything.