By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Generation 9 is already won for Nintendo

Spam-Box-360 said:
If they have a console and a handhelds with the same games, wouldn't most people just buy the handheld because It's cheaper?

Nope. Not even the Japanese.

Dulfite said:

Indeed, it was and is.

Gloriously accurate prediction except for QOL.

"Nintendo will increase its audience by means of its new QoL business"

Ring Fit Adventure is selling consoles to the non-gamer crowd.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
padib said:

Nintendo had so many good ideas that they executed badly, you would have been right to be doubtful. Such subtle things bothered some of Nintendo's best ideas, that to guess Nintendo's success is a bit like looking into a crystal ball. Like the WiiU's failure was a stepping stone to the switch, and its features were just a tad unripe with a tethered tablet and confusion about multiple tablets and succession to the Wii, the 3D of the 3DS made it trip a bit. So the Switch could've failed, but it would have been very hard to make it fail with a unified library. I guess my prediction was based on a gut feel of Nintendo bouncing back and rectifying the mistakes it had admitted to have made (and Iwata taking a very noble salary cut) and a sense that to me, if the libraries were unified, it was basically unstoppable.

To drive the point, while the unified library output is great on the switch, I expected a bit of a stronger punch. A lot of the big sellers are revamped WiiU games (MK8Deluxe, Smash Ultimate, NSMBU Deluxe) or end of life U games (Breath of the Wild), so I am expecting a bigger wave of true Switch games like Odyssey, Animal Crossing NH, Pokemon S/S, RFA, SPM Origami King, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Party, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Maker 2 and the other top sellers. Still it's a very decent output so far only 3.5 years in, and the sales are fantastic.

Yeah the unified library idea feels very lacking when we have multiple series that have gotten ports instead of new games. But I am just hoping they are just doing that to extend their first party games further into the life cycle so come years 5, 6, 7 we'll be getting Switch versions of some of their IP for the first time.

But the main reason I quoted you....why do you include Smash Ultimate in your list of WiiU ports?? That's so bizarre. I see someone on here say that every once in a while. Smash Ultimate is a Switch game 100%, has nothing to do with the Wii U. It's not a port, a remaster, a remake, an enhanced or deluxe version or even a game started on Wii U then moved to Switch, it is simply a Switch game.

I feel Switch is more of a successor to the Wii and DS, with 3DS and (especially) Wii U being experimental stopgaps.

Wii U felt especially half-baked. 3DS was an upgraded DS with an attempt to bring in glasses-free 3D, but it suffered from angle malfunction and a massive anti-3D backlash campaign claiming it caused eye and brain damage.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well this prediction ended up aging like fine wine you should have played the lottery.

Jumpin said:

I feel Switch is more of a successor to the Wii and DS, with 3DS and (especially) Wii U being experimental stopgaps.

Wii U felt especially half-baked. 3DS was an upgraded DS with an attempt to bring in glasses-free 3D, but it suffered from angle malfunction and a massive anti-3D backlash campaign claiming it caused eye and brain damage.

Agreed. 

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
padib said:
Killerbee23 said:8
LMAO

Joke's on you.

Indeed, it was and is.

Gloriously accurate prediction except for QOL.

Nintendo has reutilized wrong ideas because the ideas become good enough at another time. QOL maybe is that type of idea.

VR is not the future, I believe. The Future is a touch sensor with a holograph ( Aumented reality on steroids) , for a videogame. VR is good for medical and engineer, no videogames. 

I wouldn’t go that far... I’m still waiting for Wii U to sell 240 million.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Gen10 could be added.

@padib When did you initially buy your Nintendo stock?

I didn't realize the thread was so old until I started reading these crazy posts about him not knowing if there ever will be a 9th XD

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(