By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and XB1 too weak for last years games?

How is this different from any other console generation? 1080p at 60FPS is an arbitrary line created by PC gamers. Sure the line makes sense but obviously the timing of the new consoles didn't fall in place. Maybe if they released a year later they would've made the jump.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
NavyNut said:
We have to remember, this is the beginning of this generation and the developers are just starting to work and understand those consoles.
Remember when the 360/PS3 came out, the graphics weren't very stunning.

I always hear that as an excuse these days.  The reality is that both systems are built on a commonly used architecture.  Sure, games that come out in 12-18 months will have learned to use each systems "secret sauce" and be optomized for the systems better.

i am not actually disappointed in the graphics of the xb1 or ps4.  I am actually more disappointed in knowing that there could have been much more to this generation.  If developers are gimping games now, what will happen in 2-3 years?  I know that compromises start with graphics and then they will have to change gameplay to keep a minimum graphics standard at some point.  

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
NavyNut said:
We have to remember, this is the beginning of this generation and the developers are just starting to work and understand those consoles.
Remember when the 360/PS3 came out, the graphics weren't very stunning.

I always hear that as an excuse these days.  The reality is that both systems are built on a commonly used architecture.  Sure, games that come out in 12-18 months will have learned to use each systems "secret sauce" and be optomized for the systems better.

i am not actually disappointed in the graphics of the xb1 or ps4.  I am actually more disappointed in knowing that there could have been much more to this generation.  If developers are gimping games now, what will happen in 2-3 years?  I know that compromises start with graphics and then they will have to change gameplay to keep a minimum graphics standard at some point.  

I don't really think its an excuse but more a fact because the same has happenned to almost every console in history if not all consoles.

PC's are overpowered for PS4/XOne games.

The 7th to 8th gen leap is definitely the smallest I've lived through, and I started gaming on the SNES.

That said, Wii U graphics are good enough for me.

Around the Network

To add insult to injury, the 3DS is outselling the PS4 & ONE every week.

I guess this thread is one the many first; PS4/ONE/Wii U are all doom, Thread.

There all DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

Landguy said:

After reading Ethomez's latest thread pointing out how the XB1 is maintaining lower frame rates and resolutions than the PS4 on a game, the only thing that I got out of this situation is that there is trouble in the future.  

His time would have been better served pointing out that neither of the 2 month old systems have the power to run a year old game!  Sure, the game can be played on either system.  But what about delivering on 1080p x 60fps?  

Everyone seems so caught up in trying to prove or debate about how the XB1 is the weaker system(it is), that the whole point that the next gen isn't all that next gen after all.  I know that system exclusives will probably meet this performance by limiting the game to achieve this.  But games that are true multi-plats will prove that neither system is really up to par.  Why have we all just accepted that the gameplay will have to be impacted probably significantly in just 2-3 years?

So, the debate should really be "which of the 2 new systems that are underpowered do you prefer?".

Because to make a gaming console as strong as a beast gaming PC, it needs to be $600+, and we all know how that went... If we don't want to pay that much for a console, performance will have to be hindered. The ps4 is really good price per performance though. 

Kaizar said:

Are you really comparing the sales of a $129 toy to that of a $400-500 console? Oh, and PS4 has been Significantly outselling that toy in NA AND EU. Not sure if you have a point?

Gremdude said:
Kaizar said:

Are you really comparing the sales of a $129 toy to that of a $400-500 console? Oh, and PS4 has been Significantly outselling that toy in NA AND EU. Not sure if you have a point?

The 2DS doesn't even make up 5% of 3DS sells in 2014. So a fair comparison would be a $170 multimedia 3D entertainment system VS. $400 to $500 video game systems that don't play 3D Blu-Rays and have no backwards capability.

They all have more then 100 million polygons, and they all have over 100 shader cores and they all do at least 5 times more open world then what Lego City Undercover has shown, and they all do 60 fps per video image, excluding Super Mario 3D Land & Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D but those where made with longer source codes on a Handheld. They all use cameras for gaming, and they all come with microphones, and they all offer a surround sound option for everything, excluding side-scroller games. They all have better analogs then the 7th Gen systems had. They all can do 3D, but I don't know why the PS4 & Wii U & ONE are all pussies in using 3D, LOL. The 3DS is ironically less held back by what it can do because it's a Handheld, so it has StreetPass and comes with its own 3D HFR display, and does Play Coins and gets to be use to watch 3D videos anywhere you go, and can use its camera for everyday personal use, and can do Download Play. The sells of the PS4 & ONE have been dropping in sells in NA & EU each week so far. So it's at least a more fair comparison then you realize.