By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and XB1 too weak for last years games?

Uabit said:

But the most important thing are games and for the moment in that X1 wins

X1 wins the games department so much i havent fired it up in weeks.

No multiplat is worth playing on x1 over PS4.  And those X1 exlusives suck, best one being Forza which is gymped content wise thus running the same few tracks got old really fast, running those races with 3 differant cars making up the whole field does not help.

Around the Network

We'll hear this again, again, and again with each multi-plat release.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

FlamingWeazel said:

They run them fine, one just runs them better then the other......dumb thread sorry. If you want graphics like PC, consoles would be 800 bucks.

Since when is running 1080p and averaging 50 fps not being able to handle a game?

There is no DEBATE x1 is significantly weaker, and tomb raider is not a last year game it has major enhancements like treessfx that are very demanding. please. nonsense.

The x1 might have an issue but ps4 doesn;t

Amazing how when the X1 is worse at something, no matter how small, its a huge deal, but when PS4 can't do 1080p at 60fps -  which I think EVERYBODY expected to be the standard for next gen on all systems at all times, being as we are moving into a 4K situation over the next 5-7 years, starting right now - then suddenly you don't care and handwave the discrepancy.

If you care enough about graphics to moan about res drops to 900p during some cut scenes on Xbox 1, why don't you care enough about them to wonder why the PS4, supposedly so advanced, can't play a year old PC game at HD standard 1080p/60fps? It certainly doesn't bode well for the future.

4K is going to have a tipping point soon and the facts are clear already that neither of these two new home consoles can pump 4K polygons. Maybe 4K video playback. But never games. Which effectively makes them NOT future proof. Which makes their existence seem odd. Another year before launch with beefier specs will start to look like the right choice in retrospect, I have a feeling.

Looking back at the launch of the 360, a lot of the games were just HD versions of its previous gen with some sharper textures. Im sure that with time both the ps4 and xbone will deliver 1080p60 and with far greater detail than we see now. The hardware in the ps4/xbone greatly trump the ps3/360, devs just need time with them. The consoles are only underpowered compared to PC, in the console space they are both the cutting edge in tech.

game_on said:
BeElite said:
game_on said:

Both consoles were yesterdays technology the day they were released. The X1 does something new (integrated kinect) that no one gives a rat's ass about and the PS4 is just a PS3 with some better chips. Launch games hardly differ from their PS360 versions and still fanboys are willing to pay 400-500 dollars/euros for those machines. Well not me, this 'next generation' the Wii U is the only console that was worth buying and I will not buy an X1 or PS4 in the near future. Only when it has a major price cut and more important: SOME GOOD GAMES!

LMFAO  Thanks i needed that.

How is U worth buying if it has no games worth playing.  A 99.99 wii kart bundle and a $10 Galxy is a much better buy then anything wiiu combination.

It's worth buying cause the HD graphics of the Wii U are a major improvement over the Wii graphics which were very outdated. Does the PS4 or X1 has that much of an improvement? No it doesn't. Besides that, the Wii U has plenty games worth buying, if you can't see that, then that's your loss.

It may be improvemnt over the wii but i see little improvemnt over my PS3 games, whiel PS4 X1 just shat all over the Us hd graphics.  So in overall gaming context its improvemnt is nonexistent. 

You wishing it has games worth buying does not make it so, Pikemn its best while fun for a bit looks extremly out dated as if its a half decade old game.  Nor is another mario rehash.  So unless i missed a new zelda metroid and X releasing ill say it does not have plenty games worth buying.

Around the Network

ahhh the classic If if mines is crap so is yours. Whats the point in arguing over what console is least shitty?

Thats what this thread looks like to me. Dumb thread to be honest. Now show me the specs of a PC that runs tom raider at 1080p 60 fps with all the bells and whistles. Then price it up. Cheers.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
ahhh the classic If if mines is crap so is yours. Whats the point in arguing over what console is least shitty?

Thats what this thread looks like to me. Dumb thread to be honest. Now show me the specs of a PC that runs tom raider at 1080p 60 fps with all the bells and whistles. Then price it up. Cheers.

I think the real question the OP is asking is: 'Why launch a new console generation NOW when the kit you get for the price can't do 1080p/60. Why not start it in a year when it could? Why are we rushing to lock into a generation that features specs we might be chafing against in a couple years?'

It's a reasonable question.

BeElite said:
game_on said:
BeElite said:
game_on said:

Both consoles were yesterdays technology the day they were released. The X1 does something new (integrated kinect) that no one gives a rat's ass about and the PS4 is just a PS3 with some better chips. Launch games hardly differ from their PS360 versions and still fanboys are willing to pay 400-500 dollars/euros for those machines. Well not me, this 'next generation' the Wii U is the only console that was worth buying and I will not buy an X1 or PS4 in the near future. Only when it has a major price cut and more important: SOME GOOD GAMES!

LMFAO  Thanks i needed that.

How is U worth buying if it has no games worth playing.  A 99.99 wii kart bundle and a $10 Galxy is a much better buy then anything wiiu combination.

It's worth buying cause the HD graphics of the Wii U are a major improvement over the Wii graphics which were very outdated. Does the PS4 or X1 has that much of an improvement? No it doesn't. Besides that, the Wii U has plenty games worth buying, if you can't see that, then that's your loss.

It may be improvemnt over the wii but i see little improvemnt over my PS3 games, whiel PS4 X1 just shat all over the Us hd graphics.  So in overall gaming context its improvemnt is nonexistent. 

You wishing it has games worth buying does not make it so, Pikemn its best while fun for a bit looks extremly out dated as if its a half decade old game.  Nor is another mario rehash.  So unless i missed a new zelda metroid and X releasing ill say it does not have plenty games worth buying.

Games worth buying has nothing to do with wishing, only opinion and taste.

VitroBahllee said:
FlamingWeazel said:

They run them fine, one just runs them better then the other......dumb thread sorry. If you want graphics like PC, consoles would be 800 bucks.

Since when is running 1080p and averaging 50 fps not being able to handle a game?

There is no DEBATE x1 is significantly weaker, and tomb raider is not a last year game it has major enhancements like treessfx that are very demanding. please. nonsense.

The x1 might have an issue but ps4 doesn;t

Amazing how when the X1 is worse at something, no matter how small, its a huge deal, but when PS4 can't do 1080p at 60fps -  which I think EVERYBODY expected to be the standard for next gen on all systems at all times, being as we are moving into a 4K situation over the next 5-7 years, starting right now - then suddenly you don't care and handwave the discrepancy.

If you care enough about graphics to moan about res drops to 900p during some cut scenes on Xbox 1, why don't you care enough about them to wonder why the PS4, supposedly so advanced, can't play a year old PC game at HD standard 1080p/60fps? It certainly doesn't bode well for the future.

4K is going to have a tipping point soon and the facts are clear already that neither of these two new home consoles can pump 4K polygons. Maybe 4K video playback. But never games. Which effectively makes them NOT future proof. Which makes their existence seem odd. Another year before launch with beefier specs will start to look like the right choice in retrospect, I have a feeling.

Because it isn't last year's game. Look I just went over to IGN's site where they posted a suposedly powerful PC build for Steam OS and their $1400 PC build could only achieve an average of 30-45 fps (GTX 770 and GTX 780 Ti respectively) on last year's Tomb Raider at max settings at 1080p and that version is missing many of the updated effects found in the Definative Edition.  Granted I would have built it a little different than they did but still $1400 and struggling to reach 60 fps as well. Which is what happened on my rig when I played it, but mine is a bit older.

I am not saying that these consoles are more powerful than a high end PC but for the price they are very much in line with what a "next-gen" console ought to be.

game_on said:
BeElite said:

The conversation you two are having is not on topic, fyi. Maybe make a 'Let's have a fight about our subjective opinions on Nintendo as though they were fact' thread elsewhere for this.