By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 will be this gen's Gears of War

Tagged games:

Xen said:
Chris Hu said:
The next Gears will be this generations Gears of War. The franchise is not dead so no one else can be its spiritual successor.

Read the OP again.

Infamous SS will be this gen's Gears. I would also say watchdogs has a shot, but given that it's cross-gen, that makes it impossible.

Infamous SS can't be this generations Gears and neither can any other game since the franchise is not dead.  Also even if it was dead then the next Gears would be another X1 title since Gears was mainly on the 360.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Xen said:
Chris Hu said:
The next Gears will be this generations Gears of War. The franchise is not dead so no one else can be its spiritual successor.

Read the OP again.

Infamous SS will be this gen's Gears. I would also say watchdogs has a shot, but given that it's cross-gen, that makes it impossible.

Infamous SS can't be this generations Gears and neither can any other game since the franchise is not dead.  Also even if it was dead then the next Gears would be another X1 title since Gears was mainly on the 360.

Read the OP, again again. I saw the DR reply, but now you're not making sense as to IF SS = Gears.

It might be the next Bioshock, a game that creates an amazing setting by taking a time period and putting a fictional twist on it, along with standard FPS weapons and maybe a few new gameplay mechanics. But, who knows, there hasn't been any gameplay footage, so we can only speculate

I don't want it to be this gens "Gears Of War". I want The Order: 1886 to be this gens.. The Order: 1886

This game has its own identity and we should preserve and let it stay that way

SS is completly different from Gears no guns involved and again nothing will be this generations Gears execept for Gears since the franchise will continue in the near future.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

SS is completly different from Gears no guns involved and again nothing will be this generations Gears execept for Gears since the franchise will continue in the near future.

Whatever, continue being stubborn and posting off topic.

This thread really shows who reads the OP and who stops at the title.

"It will be a brand new IP entering the scene that will once define next gen, in terms of graphics, cinematic experience, and story telling."

Here's to hoping that The Order is more like Bioshock in those departments, not Gears of War.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Xen said:
Chris Hu said:

Whatever, continue being stubborn and posting off topic.

This thread really shows who reads the OP and who stops at the title.

I'm not off topic this thread is off top since Gears is a active franchise.  So no game can be the next Gears execpt for the next Gears game end of story.

I hope Sony fans wont have to deal with this when The Order 1886 comes out and crafts itself into the market differently than Gears did.

" Oh Those horrible Sony fans ! They always overhype their games! I thought The Order was supposed to be the next Gears Of War?"

just let the game be itself people.

Chris Hu said:

Are you kidding right now? Do you seriously not get this? A game doesn't have to play like Gears to be this gens Gears. It's about the effect it has on the Generation, it's about being the first game that really shows people that nextgen is here, just like Gears was for the 7th Generation (and no DR didn't even have close to the same effect as Gears did), not about being literally the next game in the Gears of War series.