By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 will be this gen's Gears of War

Tagged games:

DialgaMarine said:

We all remember back in 2006 when the 7th gen first began and there was a huge dry spell of true next gen titles, even more so than now. Then Epic and Microsoft came out on the market with Gears of War, the first title to truly showcase what 7th gen hardware was capable of. It was a brand new IP had brilliant graphics, a good story, a good cinematic experience, and was just an overall enteraining title. Now, here we are, in the dawn of the 8th gen, and once again we are seeing the dry spell of genuine next gen titles. So, I'm predicting that The Order will be this gens Gears of War. It will be a brand new IP entering the scene that will once define next gen, in terms of graphics, cinematic experience, and story telling. Just like Gears of War, it will be the title to truly kick off the 8th gen. I think it will have great sales, as well as great reviews. Who else agrees?

have you seen infamous second son?

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:

We all remember back in 2006 when the 7th gen first began and there was a huge dry spell of true next gen titles, even more so than now. Then Epic and Microsoft came out on the market with Gears of War, the first title to truly showcase what 7th gen hardware was capable of. It was a brand new IP had brilliant graphics, a good story, a good cinematic experience, and was just an overall enteraining title. Now, here we are, in the dawn of the 8th gen, and once again we are seeing the dry spell of genuine next gen titles. So, I'm predicting that The Order will be this gens Gears of War. It will be a brand new IP entering the scene that will once define next gen, in terms of graphics, cinematic experience, and story telling. Just like Gears of War, it will be the title to truly kick off the 8th gen. I think it will have great sales, as well as great reviews. Who else agrees?

I hope it does well, but next to nothing has been shown of the game.  Its hard to predict great sales and reviews without seeing the game.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

DerNebel said:
Chris Hu said:

SS is completly different from Gears no guns involved and again nothing will be this generations Gears execept for Gears since the franchise will continue in the near future.

Are you kidding right now? Do you seriously not get this? A game doesn't have to play like Gears to be this gens Gears. It's about the effect it has on the Generation, it's about being the first game that really shows people that nextgen is here, just like Gears was for the 7th Generation (and no DR didn't even have close to the same effect as Gears did).

Dead RIsing just didn't sell as much as Gears but ass far as showing off what the 360 is capable of it actually did more then Gears again it was the first console game where you actually had to play it on a HD TV to truely enjoy it or play it period since it was almost impossible to read the text on a SD TV.  The first Gears didn't really do anything groundbreaking.

Infamous SS is 8th generation.

I think Second Son and Quantum Break will be this gen's Uncharted and Gears, respectively.

Then again, maybe Uncharted 4 will be this gen's Uncharted...

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
DerNebel said:

Are you kidding right now? Do you seriously not get this? A game doesn't have to play like Gears to be this gens Gears. It's about the effect it has on the Generation, it's about being the first game that really shows people that nextgen is here, just like Gears was for the 7th Generation (and no DR didn't even have close to the same effect as Gears did).

Dead RIsing just didn't sell as much as Gears but ass far as showing off what the 360 is capable of it actually did more then Gears again it was the first console game where you actually had to play it on a HD TV to truely enjoy it or play it period since it was almost impossible to read the text on a SD TV.  The first Gears didn't really do anything groundbreaking.

That is the thing though, it sold way more and thus reached way more people and had a huge effect on 7th gen. After 10 weeks it had sold over 3mil copies on a 8mil userbase, it was the game to own on the 360 back then, it made cover based TPSs popular and we all know how many of those we got in the 7th gen. The Dead Rising franchise was completely irrelevant compared to Gears and almost entirely forgotten until a couple months back.

In your opinion maybe but in reality its a lot more relevant then you think.  Also it was one of the fastest to reach 1 million copies sold when it comes to early 360 games.  Also any game that gets two sequels a remake of a sequel and two digital games is a lot more important then you think.

I don't think so and I hope not.

I want it to have a lot more in the way of originality and identity than another Space Marines vs. Aliens saga. I know that's kind of selfish of me, as Space Marines are beloved by the mass market, but it's not something I can usually get into. The Order seems too eclectic and complicated to ever be a massive hit.

Unless it has a reason to play for 100+ hours like Gears did then no. Same with second son, they'll be good for a couple playthroughs. Especially SS with no Co-op or Multiplayer

Please no, I want a GREAT game.